Career Officer
I've been wondering about this lately.

Using all 3 consoles, the Odyssey is capable of seperating the saucer or deploying an attack craft from the aft end of the ship.

But when I attempted to deploy the attack craft while the saucer was seperated, I could not!
I had to redock with the saucer in order to launch the attack craft.

This is quite disappointing, because I think it would be fun to have a three sections active at once in battle.

And the Prometheus MVAM can function as three seperate modules, so why can the Odyssey not duplicate this ability?
Rihannsu
# 2
06-25-2012, 07:02 PM
They purposely made it so the Oddy can only do one at a time so it didn't make the MVAE less special. Or so I've heard.
Career Officer
# 3
06-25-2012, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintaris View Post
They purposely made it so the Oddy can only do one at a time so it didn't make the MVAE less special. Or so I've heard.
You are correct. Who knows, maybe they will relent and allow it eventually.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
06-25-2012, 09:01 PM
it also could be that they didnt want to have to go through and make seperate animations for having docking/undocking of one while the other is out.... since it's possible that the animations only work when the odyssey is complete.
Lieutenant
# 5
06-26-2012, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk View Post
You are correct. Who knows, maybe they will relent and allow it eventually.
I figure we'll see this ability in the c-store around x-mas. it will be another console we'll have to have to give our ships the ability to deploy both. After they think up of what they'll give the klinks to balance things out. Though the klinks will still whine about it.