Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Career Officer
# 11
06-27-2012, 02:51 AM
my crew run on Tea with Crumpets or scones on weekends. mainly because I fly the Cutty Sark there is an abundance of Tea... no replicators needed!
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
06-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Grog and Mead! What else does a crew need? :biggrin:
Captain
# 13
06-27-2012, 01:09 PM
I have no idea what my crew is fed on. I delegate all that kinda stuff to the head Chef. That's why he's on board. I don't like to micromanage.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Ensign
# 14
06-29-2012, 07:39 AM
I don't feed my crew anything because they are not real...just entries in a database and lines of code. Which is probably a good thing because I have searched every inch of my virtual ship's interior and have not eno****ered a single virtual bathroom. If they were real and actually ate, I imagine that by now the interior would be filled with a lot of dead potted plants...
Captain
# 15
06-29-2012, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captwinters1701 View Post
Grog and Mead! What else does a crew need? :biggrin:
Having flash backs of a Knights of the Dinner Table story on that one.

DM: What are feeding the horses?

Player: Mead.

DM: Um...Meed?

Player: Yup. Mead. It's dirt cheap. Been doing it for weeks now.

Or something like that....
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Empire Veteran
# 16
06-29-2012, 09:43 AM
Horts. Roasted on an open fire and lightly seasoned. Tastes like chicken.

Heir to the high pony of holier than thou, Guardian of the Sacred Mallet of Thwarting, and giver of Baptismal raspberries since 02/02/2010
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-29-2012, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstarkirian View Post
I heard that a brown sugar coated and baked Pakled was tastey.
I also heard it was rather easy to get them to just lay down in the oven....
You are what you eat though. Do you want your entire crew to devolve into chest-slapping droolers?

Most of my characters suck | I suck at Twitter, too!
Ensign
# 18
06-29-2012, 11:49 PM
My ship's been posted to frontline duty at the Klingon Neutral Zone and during a recent battle our replicator system (along with other more important systems) had been damaged.

So, my crew and I are stuck eating rations until the maintenance engineers can get to it. Yum!
Captain
# 19
06-30-2012, 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon971e View Post
My ship's been posted to frontline duty at the Klingon Neutral Zone and during a recent battle our replicator system (along with other more important systems) had been damaged.

So, my crew and I are stuck eating rations until the maintenance engineers can get to it. Yum!
Lol it's either that or take on 'native supplies'. Fresh Gagh anyone lol.
STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
Captain
# 20
06-30-2012, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara View Post
I used some Royal Navy information on this one - this document on the next-generation CVF states that for a crew of 1500 over 6 weeks, 1,000 tons of food are required.

Weekly consumption = 166.6 tons per week
Per week per crew consumption = 0.111 tons per human crew per week
Is that correct? I find it difficult to believe that each crew member is consuming fifteen kilograms per person per day. Even if you include all of the water mass in food and premixed beverages (e.g. canned drinks), you still get less than half that at most even assuming four thousand kilocalories per day. Most edible/drinkable materials are not that much denser than water, and nobody is consuming a dozen liters a day unless it's mostly water and they are sweating extremely heavily.