Lt. Commander
# 1 Federation Improvements
06-17-2012, 01:01 PM
I really appreciate the new carrier for the Fed side. That being said there is still room for improvement.... For example it would be nice to use the shuttles we have already purchased [Yellowstone, Captain's yacht, ect...] and be able to place them into the hangar [Say at a cost of 400 C-points]. The shuttle then would be replicated into however many the carrier can spawn. Say the Atrox could spawn say eight shuttles that you load into the hangar. Each shuttle would have the exact same equipment that you customized on the shuttlecraft that you have already purchased. This would help to increase revenue and create an interest in purchasing smaller craft. It would also allow for a more balanced approach to using these crafts in conjunction with the carrier. The build possibilities would be sensational.

The reason why this is needed is the Klingons spawn full out and out fleets or hordes of BoP and other massive spam. Not to mention they have a ability available to them that wipes out ALL space hazards. THis would help to offset their enormous advantage of power draining mines and things like the aceton assimilator. Making the Fed side more effective will encourage both sides to do research on the builds.

Finally this is a win/win situation for Cryptic 400C-Points for a shuttle and another 400C-points to put it in place in the hangar basically doubles thier profit. Not to mention the number of players who will find a way to spend 2000 C-Points for a Atrox Carrier.

I love my shuttlecraft, but I want to have options as to how it gets decked decked out for battle. I may wish to use different weapons or a different bridge officer, maybe even different consoles. I have already paid for the stuff so why can't I use my favorite small craft in the hangar bay? It only makes sense from a gameplay standpoint and from Cryptic's perspective a financial position.

Can we get some feedback from a Dev on this idea?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-17-2012, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnthebard View Post
I really appreciate the new carrier for the Fed side. That being said there is still room for improvement.... For example it would be nice to use the shuttles we have already purchased [Yellowstone, Captain's yacht, ect...] and be able to place them into the hangar [Say at a cost of 400 C-points]. The shuttle then would be replicated into however many the carrier can spawn. Say the Atrox could spawn say eight shuttles that you load into the hangar. Each shuttle would have the exact same equipment that you customized on the shuttlecraft that you have already purchased. This would help to increase revenue and create an interest in purchasing smaller craft. It would also allow for a more balanced approach to using these crafts in conjunction with the carrier. The build possibilities would be sensational.

The reason why this is needed is the Klingons spawn full out and out fleets or hordes of BoP and other massive spam. Not to mention they have a ability available to them that wipes out ALL space hazards. THis would help to offset their enormous advantage of power draining mines and things like the aceton assimilator. Making the Fed side more effective will encourage both sides to do research on the builds.

Finally this is a win/win situation for Cryptic 400C-Points for a shuttle and another 400C-points to put it in place in the hangar basically doubles thier profit. Not to mention the number of players who will find a way to spend 2000 C-Points for a Atrox Carrier.

I love my shuttlecraft, but I want to have options as to how it gets decked decked out for battle. I may wish to use different weapons or a different bridge officer, maybe even different consoles. I have already paid for the stuff so why can't I use my favorite small craft in the hangar bay? It only makes sense from a gameplay standpoint and from Cryptic's perspective a financial position.

Can we get some feedback from a Dev on this idea?
Yet those BoPs cannot be outfitted with equipment from our personal arsenal and we cannot decide how fighters are outfitted. They are stock pet BoPs. I would like for the same to happen but doubt it will ever take place.

Also, a single BoP is launched at any given time and only two can ever be present simultaneously. There is no horde of BoP launching of which you allude. KDF has no ability to launch any greater numbers or waves of fighters than do you.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-17-2012, 06:35 PM
The Captains Yacht? That doesn't sound like something the Captain of a ship would use as a Fighter.

While in game it is a capable shuttle in Star Trek Reality it's a perk of command, and essentially a pleasure craft.

Edit: Left out a word, changed the whole meaning.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-18-2012, 02:16 PM
I'm sorry but most of your post is not even remotely within reason.

And once fed side gets flight deck officers DOFFs they will be capable of producing just as much spam as rapidly.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-18-2012, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKnight1000
The Captains Yacht? That sounds like something the Captain of a ship would use as a Fighter.

While in game it is a capable shuttle in Star Trek Reality it's a perk of command, and essentially a pleasure craft.
Can't you just see Picard and Riker singing Boats n Hoes?
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-18-2012, 05:45 PM
The Klingons have how many carriers? I think the Federation could use one more true carrier.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-18-2012, 06:38 PM
I think Danubes, Delta Flyers, and Stalkers are already avalable. I would like to see combat capable Type 6/8 shuttles and type 10 shuttles added. As for the Captain's yacht, that should be a console that lauches ONE ship (not duplicable) like the Bortas BOP or the Oddy Aquarius, from under the saucer.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-18-2012, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_E_D_Allen89
The Klingons have how many carriers? I think the Federation could use one more true carrier.
2 True crriers and 3 flight deck cruisers, which are a cruiser version of the Armitage.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-19-2012, 02:04 AM
Quote:
We don't need any more carriers, for the love of God.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-19-2012, 04:35 AM
Quote:
The Federation have how many more ships than KDF? I think KDF could use some more ships of any category.