Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Captain
I noticed this on a Karfi alt loaded with 3x purple Deflector Officers, Breen Dissipator, Siphon3, and Rift2. The target was the CE and I was parked at 4.9km spamming away.

Energy Siphon is NOT triggering cooldown reductions while the others have. This really seems to be broken!

Also, I haven't noticed the deflector officers reducing the cooldowns of other skills when one of them was activated, like how PWOs work with torpedoes. Is this working as intended?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.

Last edited by khayuung; 09-29-2013 at 06:47 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
09-29-2013, 11:17 AM
Borticus claimed to have done a basic test on this recently and said it looked like it was working. So I freshly tested it myself and can confirm that it is not.

I suspect that the part of the code Bort checked genuinely was working, I don't think he would lie. But he is a buisyman with lots to do and the fact that his quick check looked good to him leads me to suspect the problem is going to require some time investment to fix.

As cryptic seem to be unwilling to invest more then 5 minutes on any bug that doesn't effect absolutely everyone I don't think we are getting a fix for this one. Shame, I really wish the doffs worked.
Empire Veteran
# 3
09-29-2013, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwstolemyname View Post
Borticus claimed to have done a basic test on this recently and said it looked like it was working. So I freshly tested it myself and can confirm that it is not.

I suspect that the part of the code Bort checked genuinely was working, I don't think he would lie. But he is a buisyman with lots to do and the fact that his quick check looked good to him leads me to suspect the problem is going to require some time investment to fix.

As cryptic seem to be unwilling to invest more then 5 minutes on any bug that doesn't effect absolutely everyone I don't think we are getting a fix for this one. Shame, I really wish the doffs worked.
I seem to get effect out of them for various types of Deflector Abilities.

Do you have any idea what abilities are not actually working properly with them?
Captain
# 4
09-30-2013, 05:35 AM
AFAIK it has been broken ever since the abilities were no longer on linked cooldowns. Now it works for Tyken and GW but not on ES or TS.
STO's F2P is basically an inferior experience for the masses at no cost being subsidized by a handful of whales seeking whatever it is that motivates them to spend hundreds if not thousands on a game.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
09-30-2013, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasukurobi View Post
I seem to get effect out of them for various types of Deflector Abilities.

Do you have any idea what abilities are not actually working properly with them?
They all used to work before the shared cool downs between tachyon beam, energy syphon, tykens rift and gravity well were changed.

Since then the deflector officers have worked on gravity well and tykens rift but not on tachyon beam or energy syphon.

I should probably specify that when I confirmed that the doff was still broken I only tested it with tachyon beam as it has a conveniant 30 second cool down, which i could time using tactical team, which has the same cool down.
Captain
# 6
10-01-2013, 06:36 AM
I've done more testing in a failed CCE run where I managed to just do nothing but chain the different deflector abities for half an hour. GW and TR both proc reliably; many times I had anomalies at system cd.

ES and Tachy however never proced. Furthermore, they DO NOT REDUCE THEIR COOLDOWNS EVEN WHEN THE ANOMALIES PROC.

We're gonna have to keep bumping this until someone notices...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-01-2013, 07:56 AM
Why are people saying that one deflector doff still works for GW? I was playing with one purple deflector doff for ages and decided to added another purple but found it had no effect on any of the deflector abilities I had. I thought okay it doesn't stack. Then I removed it, and then the final one. Played two Fleet actions and didn't get a single proc for 1 or 2 purple doffs on GW3.

So does 1 purple deflector work with GW? I couldn't get this to proc at all.
Captain
# 8
10-01-2013, 08:47 AM
Works fine with gravity well, tyken's rift, and the Breen set ability.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-11-2013, 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucho80 View Post
Works fine with gravity well, tyken's rift, and the Breen set ability.
The Breen set's cooldown last I checked is all kinds of wonky, does it still put both the AoE(GW/TR) and the single target(ES/TachBeam) deflector abilities on cooldown?
Captain
# 10
10-14-2013, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by r5e4w3q2 View Post
The Breen set's cooldown last I checked is all kinds of wonky, does it still put both the AoE(GW/TR) and the single target(ES/TachBeam) deflector abilities on cooldown?
That is messed up. The Breen set ability is basically a crappy ES. Sucks if it still sets GW/TR on cooldown.