Rihannsu
# 51
07-29-2012, 08:53 PM
Good point on the Ocampa, but I'm sure it could be explained about as easily as explaining how Sela managed to convince the HIROGEN to sign an alliance. Maybe Sela gave the Hirogen tech to convert their Relays so that they can be used for Transwarp beacons? Despite their technical prowess, the Hirogen didn't have Transwarp tech.

Arin'Sen: Ah! Excellent suggestion! I missed that episode.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Survivor of Romulus
# 52
08-14-2012, 07:23 AM
There is a 'Recieve Ocampa Delegates' assignment in the game, so apparently some of them are making it to Federation space somehow already...

Maybe there could be an assignment "Aid Stranded Vessel" or something, that gives Gamma or Delta quadrant species Doffs on a critical?
Rihannsu
# 53
08-14-2012, 07:57 AM
IIRC you're thinking of "Receive Ocampa Dignitaries". But yeah, how is it possible? we don't know.

That vessel mission does sound like fun. But it'd need to be about as rare as "Instigate Defection".
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 54
08-17-2012, 10:10 PM
I can see an easy way to add a Q Doff...

Simply make it a Rare, One-Use Doff...

Create it so that it can only be obtained with a critical hit on a few assignments (or perhaps it could be made to randomly appear as a very-rare reward for getting a Critical Success on any mission), but also make it so that it can only be Used on One Mission, and then it's gone.

You can hang onto it as long as you want, but as soon as you assign it to a mission, it's removed from your roster when the mission is done.

Just like the way Q popped in and out of Picard's life.

Give it a High Crit power... in other words no matter what mission you assign it too it will increase the Crit outcome by a substantial percentage... say 30% to 40%...

If necessary, They could make it a Character Bound item to keep them from becoming a hot item on the Exchange.

But only if Cryptic thinks it could somehow cut into Their profits.

This would fit perfectly with how Q showed up in all the post-TOS-time-period series.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 08-17-2012 at 10:17 PM.
Captain
# 55
08-18-2012, 12:46 AM
We need Binars with Efficient and Teamwork as their main traits. And of course there would need to be 2 Binars per Doff card.
Career Officer
# 56
08-23-2012, 12:44 PM
Professor Moriarty
Doctor - Eidetic Memory, Emotional, Cunning, Unscrupulous, Photonic, Logical
"Cogito ergo sum."
Empire Veteran
# 57
09-05-2012, 02:38 AM
I'm not completely sure about all these races, but new ones would definitely be interesting. It could allow to make missions requiring a specific doff race and introducing some new traits with new missions. Why not a bureaucrat trait for some fed doffs? I would also allow to create many new interesting missions, and maybe a new CXP category (administration). The KDF could get a "honour" CXP category.

It's weird no dev ever thought to that! The Federation is a huge bureaucratic machine, but we never see that in the game.

Some new missions idea: "Make a report to Admiral (name)". Required traits would depend on the race of the admiral, but bureaucrat is required. "A dinner with high rank officers". You definitely need a bureaucrat to translate your thoughts to these people! "Report about smugglers activity", etc. It has nothing to do with "developpement", developpement is about entertainment. This is about the boring activities!

Last edited by diogene0; 09-05-2012 at 02:44 AM.
Career Officer
# 58
09-18-2012, 07:05 PM
I like most of the ideas... but not the Noncorporeal entities. You can't have a ball of energy working o n your ship... Nanites MIGHT be okay.
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Rihannsu
# 59
09-18-2012, 07:18 PM
Well, Isabella's race could take on a form that looked human when they wanted to interact with objects made of matter. They have the smarts, it'd simply be a matter of them learning how to use a starship.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Ensign
# 60
09-30-2012, 07:45 PM
Did someone say HORTA DOFF? I want.