Career Officer
# 11
06-27-2012, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerritourug View Post
This video was made before Science was nefed to nathing.
I keep hearing this, but me, I never really felt any difference... What got worse, to be specific?

On an typical sci build, I would run:
ST1
TB1
TSS2
HE2
Tykens2
Scramble2
GW3

Now wich of these got changed? (Aside from targeting yourself with ST getting fixed) I know GW was tweaked a little this and that way, but GW has been revamped once a month since launch, for better or worse...

I know Siphon was changed a bit, but I still drain 43 from all subsystems for an extended period of time. Not really bad.
Iknow PSW3 got a giant boost (probably unintended but...)

So what got nerfed/changed?
Career Officer
# 12
06-27-2012, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustrumridcully0 View Post
My Idea: Make Science Resists work like Stun immunity. After the application of the resistable skill, you get a buff to counter the power (based on your resists skill). Then you get well played science vessels again, I think.
I second this idea. At the very least it makes a single sci viable again, without making a team of sci 'overviable'. Perhaps forcing a class balance in team classes wherein with the CDs and resists to sci abilities, it would make sense to not have more than two or three sci running the same abilities (granted you could still have a sensor debuff sci, shield debuff sci, etc sci for variation, but its a start)? Obviously a bit more to it, but I do like that line of thinking. Such things could perhaps be applied to other classes in some aspects, stopping dps from breaching the 'designed pocket' and perhaps making extended battles make more sense with reduced healing effectiveness (hey, might make crew more effective in that case?) Worse comes to worse, could always instate one of them wow based ques where only so many of a type of class can que on a team, keeping whatever designs/codes cryptic has in a nice bow without having us pvpers finding ways around that . I dono, im rambling and have a headache atm
<a href=http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5 target=_blank>http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5</a>
Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE

Last edited by talzerotwo; 06-27-2012 at 09:40 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-27-2012, 09:42 AM
As said before, this game was played in 2011.

Science has definitely gotten worse now. Skill tree changes hit the particular build in the video quite hard and I stopped playing it.

The TSI turdboat

>>>ST1, ST2, TSS3
>>>TrB1, HE2, PSW1, CPB3

>>>EPtS1, ES1
>>>EPtS1

>>>TT1, Delta1

powerlevels:

100/25/25/50

and 6 phaser arrays.

I've tried playing it more lately, and it just doesn't work. I think that if you want to do a Sci build now, you gotta go all out. Full aux etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Nice to see a well-played Science ship in PvP. How do you play with all the UI clutter in the middle of your screen though? It's blocking the pretties!
Movin' the eyes is hard work man!

.The Spanish Inquisition.
TSI -- Star Trek Online PvP Vidoes (Youtube) -- www.BabyEra.com
/channel_join OrganizedPVP If you are interested in learning PVP, looking for a team, or a private match.

Last edited by thumapp; 06-27-2012 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Fixed some spelling
Captain
# 14
06-27-2012, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talzerotwo View Post
I second this idea. At the very least it makes a single sci viable again, without making a team of sci 'overviable'.
And why a full team of crusiers is more valid than a full team of scie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by talzerotwo View Post
it would make sense to not have more than two or three sci running the same abilities
An advantage of premades over pugs.. 15 to 0 is not sufficient?
Rihannsu
# 15
06-27-2012, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Nice to see a well-played Science ship in PvP.
*rimshot*

yes and we would like to fly our sci ships in pvp again

thx
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013

Last edited by havam; 06-27-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-27-2012, 10:17 AM
Quote:
PS: I also don't get why the middle of the screen is so cluttered. I couldn't fly like that. But maybe I am wrong and it actually improves situational awareness? But it seems to technical and not... beautiful then?

Funny story, Era used to play on a 800x600 screen (it was probably slightly larger, something really small anyways) and then when he switched to a 1900x1200 screen he thought the UI was to far apart so he moved it all in. Creating a 800x600 screen within the larger screen. Does that make any sense??

Here's a picture of it anyways.

/channel_join OrganizedPVP If you are interested in learning PVP, looking for a team, or a private match.
Captain
# 17
06-27-2012, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumapp View Post
Funny story, Era used to play on a 800x600 screen (it was probably slightly larger, something really small anyways) and then when he switched to a 1900x1200 screen he thought the UI was to far apart so he moved it all in. Creating a 800x600 screen within the larger screen. Does that make any sense??

Here's a picture of it anyways.
It's like a little baby screen wrapped up by it's parent screen. So yeah, it makes sense.

The real question is how does he get those tiny little fingers to work the mouse?
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-27-2012, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerritourug View Post
And why a full team of crusiers is more valid than a full team of scie?

Reminded me of this picture.

Career Officer
# 19
06-27-2012, 12:27 PM
Did anyone tell Era that he can also scale the interface? He could just scale it back to how it used to be.
UNless you mean he didn't just have low resolution, but a very small monitor?
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-27-2012, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Did anyone tell Era that he can also scale the interface? He could just scale it back to how it used to be.
UNless you mean he didn't just have low resolution, but a very small monitor?
I'm fairly certain he knows this...:wink:

Anyways, I think it was a 19'' fatty screen. But i'm not sure. Haha

Edit: Oh, and signatures now allow links?

Last edited by thumapp; 06-27-2012 at 12:36 PM.