Ensign
# 1 buying system = fail
06-23-2012, 03:40 PM
Got my char to level 50, only to find there's no free ship at 50 (like every other level) and my lvl 40 vessel is just hideous. Decided to buy some C points.

So i create an account to buy Zen, only there's no way to link it to my existing char., i find out later that i already have a pwe account that i've been playing on, so i log into that to buy. I try to buy, and it takes me to the activate screen, where it will send a code to my email that i gave them when i signed up. Apparently there was a typo in that e-mail address so i can't retrieve the code, and I can't change the email because i can't get the change e-mail conformation either.

The typo was @gmaiil instead of @gmail

Why is the e-mail with a typo in it locked? I could never have activated it, and the typo is in a manner that there's no way anyone activated it, or even received it.

Sent emails off the last couple of days, no response other than the automated one. What kind of customer service is that? I'm trying to give you money!

So then i think i'll just go buy a card... Wrong! there's no way to redeem it!

I just don't understand how you can run a business like this. The whole system needs to be completely redone. Just look at how this whole board is one big complaint about not being able to buy points, or it taking too long, ect., ect., ect.

Right now you're not getting my business because you won't accept it. I'm probably not the only one. I can't imagine how much money this is costing you.
Captain
# 2
06-23-2012, 03:42 PM
I'd imagine exactly the amount of zen you would have purchased as far I can figure out.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
Career Officer
# 3
06-23-2012, 03:42 PM
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/pr...o=editpassword

send an email to customer support explaining the situation if you cant retrieve confirmation emails. you should be able to find it on the forums as I have posted it at least twice already today in the various "wheres my zen" threads

In Game: @Liath | STO Join Date: Jan 2012 | PWE Join Date: Feb 2009
Career Officer
# 4
06-23-2012, 03:46 PM
Its odd that its locked. I just checked mine and I can change it once I have my account password. Good luck.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Ensign
# 5
06-26-2012, 11:19 AM
Sure enough, 6 days later i get an email back. Apparently they didn't actually read my email all they did was respond saying "it's fixed now" when they actually did nothing. Still can't buy points, still need an activation code, they're still trying to send it to an email that doesn't exist.

Just don't understand how we have record highs of people out of work and you can't answer an email faster than that when you're not even reading the emails?

I realize Cryptic and PWE are two separate entities, but at some point someone at one company has to call someone at the other and make something happen. You cannot run a business like this.