Banned
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 275
# 131
07-25-2012, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
I repeat (from a few posts above):

Would it work with a Vo'Quv?
Sorry, didn't see your post. Yes, I suppose it would. Vo'Quv has many of the same turn limitations and durability options of the dreadnought, so the same weapon configuration would actually serve it well to support a broad cannon arc without sacrificing forward-facing damage. Just know that it is of course more useful on a dreadnought with the lance, because the forward arc is ultimately what is most important.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 466
# 132
07-25-2012, 02:52 PM
Hakaishin, I must say your build for the Dreadnought is extremely good. In fact, it has renewed my love for the old girl. I tried in on my tact and it works beautifully. I have since switched to the Tanking route using my Eng, so I'm wondering if it's worth even using the God of Destruction weapons build in lieu of the traditional beam boat. I mostly do PVE Elite stuff, so PVP isn't really my focus.

My main worry is that I won't be able to use FAW and pull a ton of aggro against multiple enemies.

[Unrepentant] Lapo@overlapo: the problem with space STF
is that you can't properly teabag your defeated opponent

Unrepentant: Home of the Rainbow Warrior and the Rainbow Brigade.
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 275
# 133
07-25-2012, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daiouvegeta2 View Post
Hakaishin, I must say your build for the Dreadnought is extremely good. In fact, it has renewed my love for the old girl. I tried in on my tact and it works beautifully. I have since switched to the Tanking route using my Eng, so I'm wondering if it's worth even using the God of Destruction weapons build in lieu of the traditional beam boat. I mostly do PVE Elite stuff, so PVP isn't really my focus.

My main worry is that I won't be able to use FAW and pull a ton of aggro against multiple enemies.
I noted for an Engi or Sci, you'll likely get more use out of a beam boat variant. In PvP, and as a Tac, you are most useful in systematically "sniping" out targets of opportunity and focusing damage to maximize impact, rather than spreading it around.

I included possible beam boat variants if you wanted to try them.

Essentially the idea to remember is a Tac's purpose is not tanking or harassment generally, but systematic annihilation (there are exceptions of course, but this is a fairly general and valid point). Engi and Sci can both use the dreadnought, but it will function far differently.

The new PvE missions have a need as well though for lots of AoE firepower. 8 beam 2x FAW + APB fills this role very adequately.

Last edited by hakaishinlegion; 07-25-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 366
# 134
07-27-2012, 08:21 AM
Hello Hakaishin.

Would your boff layout work on Assault Cruisers, with a few minor changes?
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 275
# 135
07-27-2012, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asardetemplari View Post
Hello Hakaishin.

Would your boff layout work on Assault Cruisers, with a few minor changes?
Yep, it would. Tactics would need adjusted since you don't have cloak/lance, but yes it would.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 366
# 136
07-27-2012, 08:43 AM
Thanks ^_^
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 139
# 137
07-27-2012, 09:02 AM
Hakai, what would you do with the fleet assault cruiser? Don't forget that the last boff slot is a universal Lt., it's hard to tell.

What are your thoughts on the subspace jump console? is it enough of a maneuverability increase to be worth slotting on a big cruiser like the GX?
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 271
# 138
07-27-2012, 09:06 AM
This is a good forum post.
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 275
# 139
07-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayezilla View Post
Hakai, what would you do with the fleet assault cruiser? Don't forget that the last boff slot is a universal Lt., it's hard to tell.

What are your thoughts on the subspace jump console? is it enough of a maneuverability increase to be worth slotting on a big cruiser like the GX?
Holy ****. That's actually a really nice BOFF layout. LTC and LT Tac with a universal LT...

Hated the Sov before. This is curious... too bad I'll never fly it, simply because I won't be in STO anymore.

Given so much is invested into Tac now, I'd likely abandon Sci altogether for Engineering capability.

Weapon loadout with the Sovereign's superior turn rate would likely still be the same, 4/4 SC's and Turrets for simplicity and allowing freedom in Skill Point dispersal. This also eliminates the need for EPTW in favor of more destructive and supportive skills.

Lt Tac: Tactical Team 1, CRF 1
LtC Tac: Tactical Team 1, CRF 1, Attack Pattern of your choice (Delta PvP, Beta either. Don't recommend Omega since you can only get Omega 1 instead of Delta/Beta 2).
Ens Eng: EPTS 1
Com Eng: EPTS 1, DEM 1, Extends 2, AuxSIF 3
LT Uni (PvE): Engi Team 1 (hull heal when you don't need to chain your Tac Teams), DEM 1.
LT Uni (PvP): Sci Team 1 (Sub Nuc removal), HE2.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 366
# 140
07-27-2012, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakaishinlegion View Post
Holy ****. That's actually a really nice BOFF layout. LTC and LT Tac with a universal LT...

Hated the Sov before. This is curious... too bad I'll never fly it, simply because I won't be in STO anymore.

Given so much is invested into Tac now, I'd likely abandon Sci altogether for Engineering capability.

Weapon loadout with the Sovereign's superior turn rate would likely still be the same, 4/4 SC's and Turrets for simplicity and allowing freedom in Skill Point dispersal. This also eliminates the need for EPTW in favor of more destructive and supportive skills.

Lt Tac: Tactical Team 1, CRF 1
LtC Tac: Tactical Team 1, CRF 1, Attack Pattern of your choice (Delta PvP, Beta either. Don't recommend Omega since you can only get Omega 1 instead of Delta/Beta 2).
Ens Eng: EPTS 1
Com Eng: EPTS 1, DEM 1, Extends 2, AuxSIF 3
LT Uni (PvE): Engi Team 1 (hull heal when you don't need to chain your Tac Teams), DEM 1.
LT Uni (PvP): Sci Team 1 (Sub Nuc removal), HE2.
Wait they released it???
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:06 AM.