Lieutenant
# 41
07-04-2012, 12:31 AM
So my build for this is nearly complete, just wanted to know, what would your captain build look like if you were to use a tricobalt up front? Thanks!
Banned
# 42
07-04-2012, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vangreal View Post
So my build for this is nearly complete, just wanted to know, what would your captain build look like if you were to use a tricobalt up front? Thanks!
I do still use my Trico fore every now and then. This is what I run when I do so:

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...ild=HakTrico_0

All you've to do for weapons is replace one of the forward cannons for the Trico, still running 3x cannons and 4x turrets, plenty of punch power across a broad angle.

Last edited by hakaishinlegion; 07-04-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 43
07-04-2012, 11:20 AM
I've been loving this set up on my Gal-X and recently tried it on my Assault Cruiser as well and it works like a charm. Running 3 single cannons and a quantum up front and 4 turrets rear on my Sovy and the damage output is awesome, especially with the Sovy's better turn rate than the Gal-X.

I'm wondering on both builds if it might be fun to drop in the universal point defense console from the Thunderchild for a little more firepower?
Banned
# 44
07-04-2012, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashuk2381 View Post
I've been loving this set up on my Gal-X and recently tried it on my Assault Cruiser as well and it works like a charm. Running 3 single cannons and a quantum up front and 4 turrets rear on my Sovy and the damage output is awesome, especially with the Sovy's better turn rate than the Gal-X.

I'm wondering on both builds if it might be fun to drop in the universal point defense console from the Thunderchild for a little more firepower?
The one from the Armitage is more useful imho.

Equal damage to a Torp Spread 3.

But that depends on your console setup. You want to ensure you aren't sacrificing essentials (+% Shield Capacity, EPS Flow Regulator, AMS, etc).
Lt. Commander
# 45
07-06-2012, 08:57 PM
I thought that the armitage PPDS was armitage only?
Banned
# 46
07-06-2012, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayezilla View Post
I thought that the armitage PPDS was armitage only?
I honestly don't know - haven't bothered with it on any other ship.
Career Officer
# 47
07-06-2012, 09:52 PM
It is Armitage-only
Starfleet Veteran
# 48
07-06-2012, 09:59 PM
I've used the PDS on my galaxy x. Honestly, it's usefulness is highly situational. If you are doing either khitomer accord or the cure it can come in handy. However it does have a limited range and only shines when your surrounded. I'd suggest keeping it in your inventory and equiping it as needed.

(edit) Not sure in the damage modifier applys to player ships but the thing can rip pve bop's apart.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Ensign
# 49 final idea
07-07-2012, 08:08 AM
http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...eadnought_1587

I think this is what i am going to be using since i will only ever use a single torp the 3 to aux will do alot more for me tanking than the torp skill will my dps
Banned
# 50
07-07-2012, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by disposeableh3r0 View Post
I've used the PDS on my galaxy x. Honestly, it's usefulness is highly situational. If you are doing either khitomer accord or the cure it can come in handy. However it does have a limited range and only shines when your surrounded. I'd suggest keeping it in your inventory and equiping it as needed.

(edit) Not sure in the damage modifier applys to player ships but the thing can rip pve bop's apart.
Granted, but we were talking about the Armitage's torpedo point defense, which has equal power to a Torp Spread 3, but hits a 360 degree angle against all targets in firing range.
Closed Thread