Banned
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 275
# 71
07-12-2012, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
Saucer sep is interesting for Galaxy-X. I'm using quads on mine so naturally better turn rate is welcome. Although I got used to it long ago and it doesn't bother me.
I've a very hard time trading in my single cannons for obvious reasons.

Still, one thing I do have to say about a possible saucer sep is that it would allow a burst monster like me the ability to equip them.

Perhaps move in for my 1-shot, then saucer sep and go into mobility mode for the rest of the fight (or at least until my lance is off cooldown, then evasive out, reattach, cloak, and do another 1-shot).

The only thing holding me back is seeing how practical the new shotgun lance and our ever-vital cloak are with this saucer sep.

No other ship in the game so far has been able to separate and cloak as well.

I'm skeptical, but I do have hopes that they don't screw it up and give me something new to toy with.

Perhaps make it the Fleet version of the Gal-X.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
# 72
07-12-2012, 05:43 AM
Tbh separation or not, that doesn't bother me much. What drives me crazy tho, and is probably one of the greatest "meh" moments of my return to STO. is that the layout I always wanted got G-X is now on the Ferengi Garbage Hauler.
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 275
# 73
07-12-2012, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
Tbh separation or not, that doesn't bother me much. What drives me crazy tho, and is probably one of the greatest "meh" moments of my return to STO. is that the layout I always wanted got G-X is now on the Ferengi Garbage Hauler.
You noticed that too? lol

Aw well. Cryptic has been a disappointment since beta, I wasn't expecting too much.

Still aren't.

Guild Wars 2 is right around the corner... those of us who love PvP can level from 1 to level cap and get the top-tier gear strictly in PvP there. Build customization is similar to setting up ships in STO.

And best part - we don't only have an an arena-based mode and 2 maps to play on. PvP is a primary focus in that game, which means if nothing else I won't have to PvE all day/night just to be effective in PvP when all is said and done.

This pleases the Destruction God. This pleases him greatly...
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 172
# 74
07-12-2012, 07:50 AM
Too bad GW2 does not have a space/startrek counterpart. STO will most likely be my last mmo the rest I will stick with FPS and space type games.

On topic, I dont put much stock in Gal X. Your a tac in a cruiser, once all of your ally escorts are dead since you have limited healing we will focus on you. Perhaps thats why you feel AMS is an "essential"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakaishinlegion View Post
<SNIP>
But that depends on your console setup. You want to ensure you aren't sacrificing essentials (+% Shield Capacity, EPS Flow Regulator, AMS, etc).
-------------------------


Future Capt Gecko II Hitlers take on PvP

Last edited by criminius; 07-12-2012 at 07:53 AM.
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 275
# 75
07-12-2012, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by criminius View Post
Too bad GW2 does not have a space/startrek counterpart. STO will most likely be my last mmo the rest I will stick with FPS and space type games.

On topic, I dont put much stock in Gal X. Your a tac in a cruiser, once all of your ally escorts are dead since you have limited healing we will focus on you. Perhaps thats why you feel AMS is an "essential"?
Your choice and not for me to dictate.

There is never a reason to sacrifice effectiveness because others cry about it. If it is a means of gaining an upper hand over your opponent, use it.

If that is done by Pandas running 4x Oddys with AMS for a Fedball + Escort, or done by Nova Core running 5x carriers for trollspam, or if that is done by equipping a console whose effect can be nullified by a simple Sci Team (which most every ship should be running in PvP as it is if they weren't retarded), then so be it.

Plenty of QQ threads regarding it from sub-par players who can't figure out how to adapt to those willing to use what is available.

Not essential. Not prohibited either.

For the other team's escorts, I don't worry all that much... just 1-shot candy is all.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
# 76
07-12-2012, 08:18 AM
I see no problem with any console. Everyone can farm dilithium and sell it for C-Points and buy the consoles if they feel they are so crucial.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 172
# 77
07-12-2012, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakaishinlegion View Post
Your choice and not for me to dictate.

There is never a reason to sacrifice effectiveness because others cry about it. If it is a means of gaining an upper hand over your opponent, use it.


I dont recall crying about it, I am just saying you think AMS is essential

If that is done by Pandas running 4x Oddys with AMS for a Fedball + Escort, or done by Nova Core running 5x carriers for trollspam, or if that is done by equipping a console whose effect can be nullified by a simple Sci Team (which most every ship should be running in PvP as it is if they weren't retarded), then so be it.

Your missing my point, I dont believe a tac cruiser is a good choice but that just me. During my tenure in pandas we never ran that setup, I assume your using it as an example.

Plenty of QQ threads regarding it from sub-par players who can't figure out how to adapt to those willing to use what is available.

Again I wasnt crying or "QQ" about anything.

Not essential. Not prohibited either.

Really? I just quoted you sayng that AMS was essential

For the other team's escorts, I don't worry all that much... just 1-shot candy is all.
See you in the queues. Edit: Oh and it seems your being defensive about using AMS. Is AMS annyoing yes, and I do make it a point that the player using it ends up at respawn shortly after
-------------------------


Future Capt Gecko II Hitlers take on PvP

Last edited by criminius; 07-12-2012 at 08:44 AM.
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 275
# 78
07-12-2012, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by criminius View Post
See you in the queues. Edit: Oh and it seems your being defensive about using AMS.
Pandas ran that recently against SOB. We don't complain when we fight a premade or someone uses a skill that is inconvenient for our efforts to win is all.

Many of SOB will confirm this, as I'm certain other fleets will chime in. It was not a 1-time deal.

But as said, we don't care. Fly what you want and do what you want with it.

If you have the choice of a depreciating return extra armor or whatnot, or an AMS, I'd consider the AMS the essential choice. You're a moron if you're sacrificing an advantage for ... well, nothing.

For someone not concerned with AMS, you seem awfully critical of its use.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 114
# 79
07-12-2012, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
Saucer sep is interesting for Galaxy-X. I'm using quads on mine so naturally better turn rate is welcome. Although I got used to it long ago and it doesn't bother me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakaishinlegion View Post
You noticed that too? lol

Aw well. Cryptic has been a disappointment since beta, I wasn't expecting too much.

Still aren't.

Guild Wars 2 is right around the corner... those of us who love PvP can level from 1 to level cap and get the top-tier gear strictly in PvP there. Build customization is similar to setting up ships in STO.

And best part - we don't only have an an arena-based mode and 2 maps to play on. PvP is a primary focus in that game, which means if nothing else I won't have to PvE all day/night just to be effective in PvP when all is said and done.

This pleases the Destruction God. This pleases him greatly...
i hear ya.

I been keeping an eye on that game.

Far as if the Separation will allow enough manueverability to the Gx to think about adding quads or dual's to it, yeah that would be fantastic. Not that I would switch to it, jsut now how i am laid out, but i may add another DDB to the mix. to up my forward punch a touch as I work on beam sets.

makes me wonder if cloak will work in conjunction, however, based on track record, i highly doubt it.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 270
# 80
07-12-2012, 03:18 PM
You all realize that the stats for the phaser lance wide beam blast have been up in the power window for a few months right?
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:15 PM.