Career Officer
Rather than clutter up the existing Official Fleet System Feedback Thread... I am bring this small discussion to a new thread.

My fleet, like many others, has been contributing items to the fleet bank in preparation for new fleet system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
i have no issue with giving fleet credits to other member of the fleet. if a player wants to be generous then i see no real problem. i guess fleets of one player could use all his alts to amass a lot of credits but that player is still doing all the work. he is just doing it across multiple characters instead of one.

however I dont think whole 'who can withdraw from the bank gets the advantage' is quite as bad as it sounds.

the main things ive seen so are are doff's, dilithium, bridge officer points. all of these are tied to the player anyway and cant go in a bank.

data samples are a big thing that everyone contributes too so perhaps fleets will need to re-look at their withdraw limits but even then they dont specify which ones you need. its super easy to get more and most people are awash with them.

a lot of the stuff are batteries and consumables that can be bought cheap on the exchange or drop often in game. certain things like the fighters wont be sitting in peoples banks as they only come from the vendors. the turrets and things can be easily gained from the duty officer system.

if a fleet leader is very restrictive on the bank withdraw limits for security reasons or just to be greedy people will stop putting stuff in there and very quickly (because starbases use up a huge amount of stuff) the fleet leader will have lost his/her advantage.

however i am still slightly concerned about the competitive nature of fleet players trying to out do one another and the fastest finger first nature of a new project. even if you are on during a new cycle there is no guarntee you will be fast enough to contribute anything.
As Captainrevo1 points out in his reply above, with some excellent points, the biggest issue I see is the donated data samples (for my fleet at least followed at a distant second by energy credits, as our main source of energy credits came from a dedicated group of crafters using the donated data samples/traces to craft items for sale on the exchange). In hind site, it was probably a not so great idea to encourage donations of supplies to the fleet bank in preparation of the fleet base (as the main reason for donation)... but whats done is done.

As we all know, we have no history to fall back upon to see who donated what. What is the general consensus on how to reward the fleet for donating their supplies? Or what do you plan to do with the supplies that have been stockpiled? For distribution in some equitable manner, or release greater control in the fleet bank for members to use to donate to the fleet base (see lots of room for abuse here).

For that matter.... Have you made changes to your fleet bank policy as a result of the fleet base reward system, or required donations?
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
06-27-2012, 10:24 PM
Now that season 6 is on tribble ida say give it all back to the people who donated to they can use the items themselves and earn theitr fleet credits.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-28-2012, 03:04 AM
Take it all for yourself and start a new life in space Mexico!
Career Officer
# 4
06-28-2012, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfzander View Post
Now that season 6 is on tribble ida say give it all back to the people who donated to they can use the items themselves and earn theitr fleet credits.
Problem is, fleet bank histroy doesnt go back that far... 3-4 days tops... we've been collecting for months...

So I guess that leaves Mexico... Beunos Noches! (probably slaughtered the spelling there).

I think what I'll und up doing setting withdraw limits on the tabs containing this stuff to 20-25 and let them have at it.
Career Officer
# 5
06-28-2012, 08:29 PM

I may not fully understand what your main concern is so forgive me if I'm way off the mark.

As a big contributor to a small fleet, I personally am unconcerned about getting credit for what I've contributed before season 6 launches. My fleet bank contributions have always been to help other fleet members get whatever they need a little easier. If in season 6 I get extra rewards for contributions then great, but I'm not upset that it's not retroactive. I think most contributors feel that way or they wouldn't be depositing EC and items into the bank to begin with.

Is this addressing your concern? I hope I've helped a bit, but please let me know if I'm off the mark.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
06-28-2012, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genericii View Post

I may not fully understand what your main concern is so forgive me if I'm way off the mark.

As a big contributor to a small fleet, I personally am unconcerned about getting credit for what I've contributed before season 6 launches. My fleet bank contributions have always been to help other fleet members get whatever they need a little easier. If in season 6 I get extra rewards for contributions then great, but I'm not upset that it's not retroactive. I think most contributors feel that way or they wouldn't be depositing EC and items into the bank to begin with.

Is this addressing your concern? I hope I've helped a bit, but please let me know if I'm off the mark.
Your attitude is commendable and does somewhat address what he was discussing. The problem is, when those resources are withdrawn and contributed to fleet projects, credit goes to whomever enters them into the project. Say only high level fleet members have withdraw access. If they withdraw and then deposit into projects, they get the fleet credits for it, even though they may not have contributed those resources.

I think a possible work around would be to setup duty rosters for specific projects, like we do with our doffs. Assign certain fleet members to certain projects and only those members contribute to that project initially. Once they've exhausted their resources, open it up to everyone else. Or assign them to projects and then withdraw resources from the bank for them to deposit. This would work a lot better if fleet leaders could somehow setup an access control list for projects, or otherwise restrict contribution amounts, which some testers on Tribble have asked for.

The upside is that there is more to projects than just data samples. Also need doffs, dilithium, fleet marks, and ship devices, etc. Still, problems could develop if only certain members are getting all the fleet credits and thus are able to make purchases in the fleet shops, while other members are getting less and cannot make purchases. Going to take some creative thinking on the part of fleet leaders.
Career Officer
# 7
06-29-2012, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avantgarde01 View Post
Your attitude is commendable and does somewhat address what he was discussing. The problem is, when those resources are withdrawn and contributed to fleet projects, credit goes to whomever enters them into the project. Say only high level fleet members have withdraw access. If they withdraw and then deposit into projects, they get the fleet credits for it, even though they may not have contributed those resources.

I think a possible work around would be to setup duty rosters for specific projects, like we do with our doffs. Assign certain fleet members to certain projects and only those members contribute to that project initially. Once they've exhausted their resources, open it up to everyone else. Or assign them to projects and then withdraw resources from the bank for them to deposit. This would work a lot better if fleet leaders could somehow setup an access control list for projects, or otherwise restrict contribution amounts, which some testers on Tribble have asked for.

The upside is that there is more to projects than just data samples. Also need doffs, dilithium, fleet marks, and ship devices, etc. Still, problems could develop if only certain members are getting all the fleet credits and thus are able to make purchases in the fleet shops, while other members are getting less and cannot make purchases. Going to take some creative thinking on the part of fleet leaders.

I can see where this could create problems, there may even be greedy players who would withdraw their daily limit each day just to hoard resources for future projects. I still would not personally be bothered by my deposits being used by other fleetmates to get fleet credit.

Two positives I see with this issue:

1. People who enjoy resource gathering and don't mind sharing the wealth can voluntarily help others who don't enjoy that part of the game.

2. By careful monitoring of the transaction logs, a fleet leader gets valuable information on who was a good recruiting decision and who should possibly be reevaluated.

Based on other posts, it seems it would be a good thing to increase retention on those logs though, otherwise they'll have to be checked frequently and transferred out of game to a spreadsheet or something for tracking purposes.
Captain
# 8
06-29-2012, 07:02 AM
There are probably a few people who dont know what Fleet credits and Fleet marks are. Not every one reads the tribble forum or have a character on the server.

Fleet Credits are a new currency that you use to purchase items from the fleet stores that are on the starbase. To get the FC, you contribute to projects for every contribution you gain the FC. If the Items needed for a project are full then you can not contribute to it until that one is finished and the next one is available.

Fleet Marks, are similar to the EDC's. They can only be gained by running certain missions, Starbase Blockade, Starbase Defense and Colony Defense, are the the ones I have seen there might be others. Unlike EDC's You gain up to about 30 per mission, depending on success. Once you have them you can contribute them to the projects.

This being said for those that have no idea what is being discussed.

As for my fleet we are leaving it up to the players. For now but we are evaluating it as we go.

May the Prophets guide us in these cryptic times....