Career Officer
# 11
06-26-2012, 06:11 PM
You know what would have been really great about that post? An apology.

"We're sorry we didn't give you advance notice about the change" would have been enough. As it stands, this comes off as a little petulant, 'we've learned our lesson and are changing it, but we're not going to say anything to the people we burned.'
Career Officer
# 12
06-26-2012, 06:20 PM
Not enough. This is like a slap in the face! Oh BTW thanks for your feedback, we'll take note for CO. Really??? Uhmm this is STO. I don't care about CO. I don't play it; what I care about is the fact that no one could have used the foresight to make sure people would not lose something as important as their identities.

Just give me back my account/forum name of 2 years! That is all. !!!

Really how you've treated paying costumers is unbelievable! How can anyone deem it ok to make such drastic changes without informing the community I have no idea!

Last edited by arkatrix; 06-26-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Career Officer
# 13
06-26-2012, 06:25 PM
Should have used the NWN forums for your test and not a game that is being played.
Divine Protectorate Gaming
STO Beta Tester and Original Cryptic user
Lieutenant
# 14
06-26-2012, 06:26 PM
I'm surprised PWE didn't incorporate the the Cryptic forum system into their others as it was more advanced than this one.
Career Officer
# 15
06-26-2012, 06:32 PM
The real issue here is that the new forums are far less personable than they used to be. Forcing people to change their names, lose their avatars, and (for those who had them) see their prize threads now lead by "Archived Post" feels like you took away their identity.
Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
Rihannsu
# 16
06-26-2012, 06:38 PM
Shouldn't this little fact be on "Champions Online" home page? (Just checked.) And you guys REALLY need to make it more clear about the reserved name thing, if it is in fact accurate.

And thanks for the whole non-apology, apology.
Ensign
# 17
06-26-2012, 06:42 PM
Alright already...I merged accounts

Why Can't the log in screen remember my new name?

It remembers the old one.

Make it merge also.
Captain
# 18
06-26-2012, 06:44 PM
To the very least, a redirect from the old site to the new site should have been established. People have been able to do that for, what, almost two decades now? Also, the automatic altering of the poster name is ridiculous, my account name is still acknowledged as "whamhammer" on the PW account, but it can't translate that over for the forum name? This shouldnt have been this hard guys
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate525 View Post
You know what would have been really great about that post? An apology.

"We're sorry we didn't give you advance notice about the change" would have been enough. As it stands, this comes off as a little petulant, 'we've learned our lesson and are changing it, but we're not going to say anything to the people we burned.'

well.... this has been in preparation for at least a month if not longer.

Someone, somewhere made a decision that we would NOT be told. It wasnt an Opps, it wasnt an oversight, it was a premeditated plan of action. Thats what bugs me. I can deal with forum change, losing images I only had saved to my crptic account, losing the name Ive had for YEARS and even having my credit card info floating around god knows where. What I cant deal with is INTENTIONALLY being jerked around purposefully.

Its no wonder Devs are dropping right and left. I cant stand being a PWE customer. Cant imagine what it must be like to work for them and be associated with their low rent corp culture.
PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY
Career Officer
# 20
06-26-2012, 07:17 PM
Title should say "Warping Backward."

Forum blunders, transition blunders, devs leaving, a very angry community treated like lab rats seeing how much bull we can put up with. There is no bright future for this game if nonsense like this keeps happening.

This I.P. deserves much more than it's getting, yet you (Cryptic and PWE) continue to treat it and its community like garbage.
@HyperLimited