Career Officer
# 1 STFs - Stuff that needs fixed
06-25-2012, 12:51 AM
Assimilation Rate: What's the point of having hypos to counter if you cant click on them to use?

Borg in Cure: Jedi Jumping to the Nodes?

Borg in Khitomer: Speed Walking Drones.

Borg Cubes: Second Tractor Beam when Omega or Polarized Hull are in cooldown, nice and cheap.

Cure Space Leave Button not showing, again.

Khitomer Space - Instant Scimitar Thalaron Attack (People sure love this one).

And be nice if Torpedo Damage was looked at again, I thought the 1-shots with full shields with shield resistance was fixed?
Ensign
# 2
06-25-2012, 03:03 AM
Would be nice for them to fix all those things (Donatra's instant decloak and one shot kill the entire party with no hope of surviving is probably my 'favourite').

Quote:
And be nice if Torpedo Damage was looked at again, I thought the 1-shots with full shields with shield resistance was fixed?
Hmm, against which enemies?

I think last time I checked Negh'vars could crit (which should now be fixed) and gateways (which I don't think has been fixed), but I can't recall having that happen to me from anything else (well, maybe a raptor?).

I haven't tested it lately, but they should probably look at gateway torpedo crits at least.
Republic Veteran
# 3
06-25-2012, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Assimilation Rate: What's the point of having hypos to counter if you cant click on them to use?

Borg Cubes: Second Tractor Beam when Omega or Polarized Hull are in cooldown, nice and cheap.

1) It wouldn't be so bad if the cures actually worked all the time when you use them, and not just 1/3 or 1/2 of the times. Might be down to ability activation latency.

2) More so than a bug which needs fixing, it is a design issue which needs to be addressed. It's a novel ideal to make it more "interesting" or challenging, but given how clunky the running and jumping is in this engine and how often the sprint is interrupted, it's a pretty terrible design.

3) Speed Walking drones seems to be a universal STF Ground issue, most notably on Cure Ground, where the drones jump and teleport on top of speed walking.

The Cure space issue has cropped up lately since the last maintenance update.
Empire Veteran
# 4
06-28-2012, 03:17 AM
Donatra is the worst mob of STF. It's the best one to make you frustrated.
Donatra is cheating us a lot.
If you're her target. If you're not out of 10km. She will kill you. No matter you're in or out of talaron beam.
http://i.imgur.com/RVocq.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-28-2012, 03:20 AM
You've already made a thread about that. Donatra does not cheat, she just has a couple of fairly nasty offensive powers.

I've taken her torp spread in the face several times and lived and the only real problem with the thaloron is when she's surrounded by fighter spam and you can't see which way she's facing.
Having trouble with ground STFs? Looking for help?

Join the STFHelp channel
Empire Veteran
# 6
06-28-2012, 03:35 AM
You know. When you run KASE for more than 1 hour because of 2 leavers. You have time to learn the way this mob is working.
Donatra is cheating us. The arc of talaron is not what you see. And the range between what you see and what you don't see is too big. If you got aggro. Even though you're behind Donatra. Her talaron beam will kill you. And in this case it's not a talaron beam anymore but an invisible talaron spread. So it's cheat because we can't see it.
http://i.imgur.com/RVocq.jpg
Career Officer
# 7
06-28-2012, 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post

The drop rate. Still almost never seeing Prototype drops. After litterally months of playing I finally obtained a prototype drop a few days back, but as noted - that was subsequent to months of playing countless STF's.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
06-28-2012, 04:02 AM
Briefing pop up needs to have been read and CLOSED by all ships before ANY Ship can move or fire

Spawn of all five team members needs to have taken place before anything moves

And if a team member QUITS an Npc ship of equal or greater power should spawn INSTANTLY in his place
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-28-2012, 04:05 AM
Talking of popups, the one in Cure Ground after the gens are down is VERY annoying. We can't we just have some ting flash up like in the space ones?
Having trouble with ground STFs? Looking for help?

Join the STFHelp channel
Captain
# 10
06-28-2012, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperdrake View Post
Donatra is cheating us. The arc of talaron is not what you see. And the range between what you see and what you don't see is too big. If you got aggro. Even though you're behind Donatra. Her talaron beam will kill you. And in this case it's not a talaron beam anymore but an invisible talaron spread. So it's cheat because we can't see it.
The beams "killing" arc is pretty large, the red graphic is far too narrow compared to the width affected by the actual ability itself. But it's far from 180 degrees, let alone 360.

I tank Donata all the time on KASE.

I have issues with the halfway-charged or "instant" shots from decloaking since it's pretty much a one-shot kill... but I never have a problem avoiding it when she decloaks and THEN charges up for a shot, even on a Carrier or an Odyssey. Fly well above/below the beam and angle around behind her, beam fires and you don't get damaged.

Could certainly do with a graphics tweak, but it's simple enough to avoid it once you practice a few times.

[ <<<--- @Maelwys --->>> ]