Survivor of Romulus
Heyo...

So I'm trying to get into the game, but I run into this issue where it tries to retrieve the list of maps, but just disconnects every time. Not sure what to do.

I can play other MMOs, such as WoW or TSW, without much issue though.

Can anyone help?
Career Officer
# 62
02-23-2013, 09:25 AM
So what does your 'Net-Test' and 'Trace Route' results look like?

Diagnostics are described in this thread... http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=225155
Ensign
# 63 Very frustrating.
03-07-2013, 06:49 PM
I'm having the same problem. Usually I log in at night, around 8 or 9 PM EST, and before Season 7 came out, I had no issues with this game. It was great, it was awesome, but now, when Season 7 came out, all I'm getting is either very severe lag or I get disconnected before I have a chance to do anything in the game. I'm a Grade 14 Lieutenant Commander of the Federation in the game, and I have to say this. Cryptic, please fix these lag issues otherwise you will have just lost another customer who has been playing this game for over two months.
Empire Veteran
# 64
03-07-2013, 07:10 PM
I've been on here a lil over two years and it seems like whenever something is about to hit big with neverwinter all the resources are sucked out of CO first then STO to bounce them around to save a few pennies LOL.

Yeah if you had to re-patch sto like I did with this new PC I got you have to turn off the on demand patching or else you'll just get disconnected or piss off other players trying to do missions. Took 7 hours yesterday to get 9 gigs worth patched and now I've been patching the stuff 6 other gigs of patches it tried to devote to the on demand patching so to be nice to fellow players and not taking up a slot to on demand patch something I want to play I'm probally going to not be able to play sto for a few weeks since its patched about 150 megs of the almost 6 gigs of patching in the last 4 hours. I first off wasn't going to spend any money on this game due to broken promises about the KDF. Second I was going to because in the last 3 months of all the disconnects I've recieved. Third now being a LTS player too we should have some priority on these patching issues and disconnect issues but unless I am going to write a check for a gazillion dollars to cryptic they could care less about the customer.
Career Officer
# 65 Hmm
03-07-2013, 07:18 PM
emindful of this (not in a negative way) Sever is around Boston. Which got nailed by a storm.

Now I had simillar issues even did the nettest, saw my ms was higher coming form Boston. Snice then Ive upgraded, my modem, router, and extender. (Not for the game, but overall).

Another tactic is the dns flush

run cmd, and then /ipconfig releash

And then /ipconfig renew

That might help stop some of the lag, it might not.
Career Officer
Hi All,

Since you were doing server maintenance yesterday I thought it would be important to let you know that I had gotten discconnected 6 times in 2 hours when map moving last night between 930est and 1030est. This usually doesn't happen but a once or twice a day.
Ensign
# 67
03-08-2013, 06:00 PM
I have the same problem. As soon as i select any of my character, it starts loading and then it just disconnects me.
Commander
# 68
03-08-2013, 09:19 PM
if youre crashing to desktop, i would suggest running the game in safe mode. in the launcher screen before you log in from your desktop, there's an options link in the upper right corner sandwiched between support and release notes. click on it and then check safe mode. see if that works for you. if not, you can also do a force verify, even though it takes forever. try safe mode first though. good luck!
Career Officer
# 69
03-08-2013, 10:07 PM
If it's dropping you while loading maps it could have something to do with downloading game assets. I was dropped between maps a couple times when my connection was acting up.

If you haven't already, I would suggest turning off on demand patching. Start the launcher and click options in the top right, check "disable on-demand patching". The game will do a large update, but you'll have every asset pre-downloaded and ready to go. Solved my problem anyways.

Cheers
Lieutenant
# 70
03-10-2013, 11:15 AM
turning off on demand patching tested and this wont help me.

Impossibruuu to Play the Game currently.
Any Word from official Side to this Bug?

Its definitivly no problem on Userside?s Hardware.
Router reseted
Proxy On/off
Full Patched

and same error with 4 Toons since yesterday.

My Location is Germany, not East/Westcoast US.
Any Ideas?