Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 21
06-27-2012, 11:40 AM
I also want to note that other PWE forums allow you to post as your in-game character on the forums. We're actually trying to get this tech into the STO forums, so, for example, I would show as "Brandon@PWE_BranFlakes". This is something are working on, and trying to do, but there is no ETA on time to implementation. :smile:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 22
06-27-2012, 11:44 AM
How about a compromise? Let us use our in-game characters, WITHOUT showing the @handle.
Rihannsu
# 23
06-27-2012, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
I also want to note that other PWE forums allow you to post as your in-game character on the forums. We're actually trying to get this tech into the STO forums, so, for example, I would show as "Brandon@PWE_BranFlakes". This is something are working on, and trying to do, but there is no ETA on time to implementation. :smile:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Glad to hear they took the suggestion to heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
How about a compromise? Let us use our in-game characters, WITHOUT showing the @handle.
Won't work, in-game character names aren't unique, two people could have the same in-game character name and the forums won't allow two posters with the same name.
Empire Veteran
# 24
06-27-2012, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
This could also cause confusing with who you think your talking to, as when they decide to use a different character as their "Forum Face".

Example: The Grand Nagus is an Andorian....
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Commander
# 25
06-27-2012, 11:48 AM
Quote:
I would agree, except for the fact that many players have more than one character. So essentially the possibility would exist to post as more than one person at a time. Needless to say the problems that could cause
Rihannsu
# 26
06-27-2012, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus51166 View Post
I would agree, except for the fact that many players have more than one character. So essentially the possibility would exist to post as more than one person at a time. Needless to say the problems that could cause
That's actually allowed in other PWE games, they have no problems with that. I guess cause since it's F2P there's nothing stopping you from just creating another account to post to yourself even without letting you switch characters.
Career Officer
# 27
06-27-2012, 12:43 PM
Quote:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
I think it would be nice if our STO (and CO when it's 'converted) would SHOW UP on the PWE games profile/user account page (on their grey themed site that many links take us to).

I currently am seen as having no characters in any PWE games (of which I assume STO is now one of those games) - yet I have 2 Level 50 Fed and 1 Level 50 KDF, which I've all played many tikmes since the site update back on 6/20/12. (I also have multiple CO chraracters but that site has yet to be fully 'updated'.)
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Republic Veteran
# 28
06-27-2012, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poison View Post
Won't work, in-game character names aren't unique, two people could have the same in-game character name and the forums won't allow two posters with the same name.
For some reason, this made me think of this video.
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Career Officer
# 29
06-27-2012, 01:12 PM
Quote:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
To be clear, you are saying our character and in-game @name could be our display name? If so, this would indeed be a great compromise.
Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
Starfleet Veteran
# 30
06-27-2012, 02:32 PM
Quote:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
That would be a great solution to our issue... however, CS told they CANNOT change my forum name, so is that the "new tech" you are waiting on?

I ask because when CO goes the way of STO my forum name will be showing my secret identity to the whole world. :biggrin:
Formerly known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012

If the KDF can get a Fleet D7, the Feds should have a Fleet Exeter.