Empire Veteran
Does anyone can tell me why fed capatains have so much universal console? Look there http://www.stowiki.org/Universal_Consoles
Usually fed captains say that klingon ship are cheating. I don't think so. In fact. Fed captains are cheating us! They have much (weak) ship. They have much (useless) unversal console. Every month fed captain get a new ship. Klingons don't get anything. It's boring.
http://i.imgur.com/RVocq.jpg
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
06-27-2012, 10:35 AM
raise your shields you will get attacked for daring to say this (but I agree to a point)
Career Officer
# 3
06-27-2012, 10:51 AM
It's been this way since the beginning. However, since the majority of players are on Fed side.. ergo Fed side must also have the majority of whiners. So, they get upset more often and with a louder voice...Cryptic gives them what they want to make a buck, the balance is further destroyed and the STO universe moves on. It's a biased, faction hurting, balance killing ,nerfing, Fedbear cycle.

Yeah, that's right.
Captain
# 4
06-27-2012, 11:21 AM
OP, it may be the case that Feds have a bigger pile of toys, but I don't think it's arguable that pretty much any of them come nearly as close to the strength of the KDF selection (Adon you know I love you bro, don't flame me).
Captain
# 5
06-27-2012, 11:36 AM
Well using the Spidermitch charts (more complete and up-to-date than the wiki), Feds get 6 extra premium ships for having the Lt and LtCmdr ranks, so that gives us 6 more, but of those one is a weapon (Connie Blue Phasers) and one is a substitute tractor beam (NX Grappler), so real net +4 consoles. For Commander and Captain ranks, Feds get 6 more ships but of those you have quad cannons of the Sao Paulo and the transwarp ability of the Excelsior (which isn't even a console anymore is it? I don't have that ship), so again net +4. At the RA level there is the Excelsior R which has no console, and the Magellan, which has a console but can only be used on that particular. Finally we get to the VA level, where all the ships have a console ability, BUT that ability can only be used on that particular ship. Total fully-universal consoles, that are consoles usable on any ship, is a total of 9 (or 8 if you discount the grappler), potentially +1 to +3 depending on which VA ship one may be piloting.

Klingon side starts late so they're at a disadvantage, and a number of their 'consoles' are types of hangar craft so don't count for average-ship use, but they get more premium ships per rank at the low end (VA is obviously a different story). At the Commander level they get a total of +4, not counting the Norgh's quad cannons or the Dacoit's interceptors. At the Captain level there are +5 more, plus the Marauder's Tachyon Drones. Then at RA and VA its the same story as the Federation, special stuff that can only be used on that particular ship. Total fully-universal consoles for the side: 9.

So 9 to 9, not counting single-ship consoles or console quality.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-27-2012, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
For Commander and Captain ranks, Feds get 6 more ships but of those you have quad cannons of the Sao Paulo and the transwarp ability of the Excelsior (which isn't even a console anymore is it? I don't have that ship)
There's still a console that comes with the Tier 3 Version ,but I don't think it does anything with being able to transwarp anymore, it does reduce transwarp cooldowns by 50% and gives you a bonus to power levels I think.
"The universe is a beautiful place, full of wonders. And it wants to kill you."

Joint Date: June 1908
Career Officer
# 7
06-28-2012, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrafortune View Post
There's still a console that comes with the Tier 3 Version ,but I don't think it does anything with being able to transwarp anymore, it does reduce transwarp cooldowns by 50% and gives you a bonus to power levels I think.
fairly certain its the t5 that comes with that console. never bought the t3 version and i have said console.
Captain
# 8
06-28-2012, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
Well using the Spidermitch charts (more complete and up-to-date than the wiki), Feds get 6 extra premium ships for having the Lt and LtCmdr ranks, so that gives us 6 more, but of those one is a weapon (Connie Blue Phasers) and one is a substitute tractor beam (NX Grappler), so real net +4 consoles. For Commander and Captain ranks, Feds get 6 more ships but of those you have quad cannons of the Sao Paulo and the transwarp ability of the Excelsior (which isn't even a console anymore is it? I don't have that ship), so again net +4. At the RA level there is the Excelsior R which has no console, and the Magellan, which has a console but can only be used on that particular. Finally we get to the VA level, where all the ships have a console ability, BUT that ability can only be used on that particular ship. Total fully-universal consoles, that are consoles usable on any ship, is a total of 9 (or 8 if you discount the grappler), potentially +1 to +3 depending on which VA ship one may be piloting.

Klingon side starts late so they're at a disadvantage, and a number of their 'consoles' are types of hangar craft so don't count for average-ship use, but they get more premium ships per rank at the low end (VA is obviously a different story). At the Commander level they get a total of +4, not counting the Norgh's quad cannons or the Dacoit's interceptors. At the Captain level there are +5 more, plus the Marauder's Tachyon Drones. Then at RA and VA its the same story as the Federation, special stuff that can only be used on that particular ship. Total fully-universal consoles for the side: 9.

So 9 to 9, not counting single-ship consoles or console quality.
Actually, the grappler IS a console.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.
Empire Veteran
# 9
06-28-2012, 05:07 AM
Two words. Plasmonic Leech.

Join Date: December 2009 - Alliance Central Command - boq botlhra'ghom
Career Officer
# 10
06-28-2012, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
Actually, the grappler IS a console.
while its true that it is a console, the guy is dismissing it because the grappler ability is just a subsitute tractor beam.