Captain
# 11
06-28-2012, 05:39 AM
I've been enjoying the hell out of the graviton pulse generator I won from a lockbox which is normally klink only. Makes a phaser lance strike so much easier.
Empire Veteran
# 12
06-28-2012, 05:47 AM
Some of those universal consoles wiki has listed are moot to the argument of "they have more universal consoles than us". Only an MVAE/AE can use multi-vec seperation, only a Galaxy can use Saucer Sep, only an Intrepid can use Ablative Hull Armor etc.

Oh and then some of the consoles listed as Fed only are actually available to KDF as well like Vent Theta Radiation, Impulse Capacitance Cell and Photonic Displacer. Add in the fact that the Fed uni consoles are kind of lame compared to the KDF ones and I think the KDF have it better off. Wiki has also not listed some other KDF consoles on that page but why should they care about the KDF when Cryptic can't... right.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
06-28-2012, 07:58 AM
Isn't it because Fed scientists work in the spirit of cooperation and Klink scientists get stabbed in bar-fights because they can't fight as hard as the warriors? Can't be inventing $#!% when you're dead...
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-28-2012, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuuenjin View Post
fairly certain its the t5 that comes with that console. never bought the t3 version and i have said console.
Did you get it before the change over? I only bought mine afterwards, and the T3 came with a console, whereas the T5 didn't. Maybe it was because I already had the console from the T3, I don't know.
"The universe is a beautiful place, full of wonders. And it wants to kill you."

Joint Date: June 1908
Career Officer
# 15
06-28-2012, 08:17 AM
i bought mine after the change. i didn't really want the excelsior before it because i just couldn't see me using the excel at va level when i already had a perfectly serviceable cruiser and maxed out diplomacy. there was no doff missions before then either so i didn't see a need for all the extra transwarps.
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
06-28-2012, 09:04 AM
Ignoring universal consoles that are locked to the ship they come with, Feds have 11 ships with universal extras - 12 if you count the blue phasers on the TOS Connie, which I didn't. I was generous enough to count the Oberth's battery, though.

KDF has 12 with no blue beam caveat. They may be missing tiers 1-2, but at tiers 3-4 they have six ship lines to the Fed's three.

You can argue about which ones should and shouldn't count, but I think the Fed would end up on the short end of that, since their list includes a transwarp cooldown reducer and a reusable shield/aux battery. My personal cutoffs in that argument would bring it down 7:9, maybe 8:9 being generous, still KDF advantage.

If you want to talk about ship imbalance, it's not in the +1 consoles, it's entirely at tier 5. Counting both flagship sets as one ship and ignoring cross-faction ships and the prototype flagships that aren't available anymore, KDF has 11 tier 5 ships, 5 of which are on the RA token and if I remember correctly 4 on the 600 day VA token. Fed has 17, 6 of which are on the RA token and 3 on the VA token.
Empire Veteran
# 17
06-28-2012, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
Well using the Spidermitch charts (more complete and up-to-date than the wiki), Feds get 6 extra premium ships for having the Lt and LtCmdr ranks, so that gives us 6 more, but of those one is a weapon (Connie Blue Phasers) and one is a substitute tractor beam (NX Grappler), so real net +4 consoles. For Commander and Captain ranks, Feds get 6 more ships but of those you have quad cannons of the Sao Paulo and the transwarp ability of the Excelsior (which isn't even a console anymore is it? I don't have that ship), so again net +4. At the RA level there is the Excelsior R which has no console, and the Magellan, which has a console but can only be used on that particular. Finally we get to the VA level, where all the ships have a console ability, BUT that ability can only be used on that particular ship. Total fully-universal consoles, that are consoles usable on any ship, is a total of 9 (or 8 if you discount the grappler), potentially +1 to +3 depending on which VA ship one may be piloting.

Klingon side starts late so they're at a disadvantage, and a number of their 'consoles' are types of hangar craft so don't count for average-ship use, but they get more premium ships per rank at the low end (VA is obviously a different story). At the Commander level they get a total of +4, not counting the Norgh's quad cannons or the Dacoit's interceptors. At the Captain level there are +5 more, plus the Marauder's Tachyon Drones. Then at RA and VA its the same story as the Federation, special stuff that can only be used on that particular ship. Total fully-universal consoles for the side: 9.

So 9 to 9, not counting single-ship consoles or console quality.
If you must include the KDf carrier pets as consoles...

Then please so the same for the Fed carriers, and then you'll see your logic is defunct.
Empire Veteran
# 18
06-28-2012, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpaaa View Post
Two words. Plasmonic Leech.
One word AMS
Ensign
# 19
07-22-2012, 08:43 AM
Feds have more quantity of consoles, but Klinks have better quality.

Currently i use:

Plasmonic Leech
Isometric Charge (great in pvp against players that use fighters, Pretty much 1 hits them)
Aceton Assimilator
Graviton Pulse Gen
Subspace jump

Last edited by dnaangel55; 07-22-2012 at 08:46 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 20
07-22-2012, 09:21 AM
KDF did just get the Point Defense Console via Lock Boxes, so now we pretty much took the best console Fed side, any wonder why we got junk for the previous two lockboxes?

Now the Feds have got our Graviton Pulse (useful for slowing things trying to kill Freighters) Theta Radiation (post nerf) and now the Subspace Jump which I think should be renamed the Picard Module for Fed use.

The Impulse Burst and Photonic Displacment we got previously where kind of rubbish.

I would like to see at least a new ship or two KDF side. And how about a Shuttle or two? Make some Universal ones so both sides can get them at least.

How about a Scorpion Fighter? Both sides can get the launchable device why not give them both the same cloaking fighter. No complaints about it being OP when it's on both sides for the same price.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.