Lt. Commander
If I remember correctly in Klingon Academy there was an effcient way to give orders to your wingmen, something like...

c 1 2 1

... That is: first strike the "c" key, then the "1" etc. etc.
The meaning of such apparently absurd sequence was...

c ---> Open communication channel
1 ---> to all wingmen
2 ---> attack
1 ---> my current target

The K.A. method was truly efficient: few keystrokes, few time. Moreover, since there are very few options ("to all wingmen", "wingman 1" etc., "attack", "don't attack", "defend", "my current target" etc. etc.), there shouldn't be any issue in the translation: "to all wingmen attack my current target" in italian would be "a tutto il gruppo attaccate il mio bersaglio"
Compare the above-mentioned method with the current one...

1 - click in the chat window
2 - begin to type "Hey boys, someone can help me wi" KABOOM!!!

Impractical, isn't it?
Moreover my help plea is in english, so if some wingman doesn't speak english... You know.

Now my suggestion/request: can the devs consider my proposal?

Thanks!!!
Lieutenant
# 2
03-20-2014, 07:42 AM
Most players I see just go the short route and call the target id.

"target/ing probes."
"stop shooting generators"
"kill nanite spheres!"

Doesn't help too much in multi-lingual issues, but it gets the point across fast, which is what they teach you in RL combat communications. if you can say it in two words instead of ten, use two.
Lieutenant
# 3
03-20-2014, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by calintane753 View Post
If I remember correctly in Klingon Academy there was an effcient way to give orders to your wingmen, something like...

c 1 2 1

... That is: first strike the "c" key, then the "1" etc. etc.
The meaning of such apparently absurd sequence was...

c ---> Open communication channel
1 ---> to all wingmen
2 ---> attack
1 ---> my current target

The K.A. method was truly efficient: few keystrokes, few time. Moreover, since there are very few options ("to all wingmen", "wingman 1" etc., "attack", "don't attack", "defend", "my current target" etc. etc.), there shouldn't be any issue in the translation: "to all wingmen attack my current target" in italian would be "a tutto il gruppo attaccate il mio bersaglio"
Compare the above-mentioned method with the current one...

1 - click in the chat window
2 - begin to type "Hey boys, someone can help me wi" KABOOM!!!

Impractical, isn't it?
Moreover my help plea is in english, so if some wingman doesn't speak english... You know.

Now my suggestion/request: can the devs consider my proposal?

Thanks!!!
My brain is fried !
Rihannsu
# 4
03-20-2014, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by calintane753 View Post
Hilfe!

Yeah I've heard that a lot. Actually, I've also had case of Russians and Polish too.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 5
03-20-2014, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Hilfe!

Yeah I've heard that a lot. Actually, I've also had case of Russians and Polish too.
lol ya, I see Hilfe! a lot too. I was so confused until I noticed it was the only thing they were saying and that they were unconscious

I think a system like this would be really useful, there are so many times when I try to help people in STFs and I cant figure out if they're just not listening, or dont understand. At least this system will clear up one of those possibilities.
__________________________________________________ ___
Anyone want to give me a Wells class Temporal Science Vessel? Ill be your friend
Rihannsu
# 6
03-21-2014, 02:19 AM
You can use keybinds to make an "attack my target" macro, I've seen them in PvP from time to time. In PvE such a macro is less useful since most NPC ships aren't uniquely named, but then again, in a pug the other players usually aren't the slightest bit interested in your "orders" in the first place.