Lt. Commander
# 11
06-28-2012, 07:34 PM
try /fleet
Career Officer
# 12 List of Assignments
06-29-2012, 01:30 AM
Well, as far as I'm concerned, this list of Assignments to ask about is a fairly short one:

1. Project Chrysalis.
2. Rulian Mazan.
3. Gul Tain.
4. Caitian/Ferasan Flight Deck Officers.

Basically, just ones that award the "Special one-of-a-kind Doff".

And the Nebula Colony Chains don't count, because everyone knows where to find them!
Captain
# 13
06-29-2012, 05:08 AM
The channels were seperated for a reason. Just ask the question in Doffjobs and you'll get an answer. Put it in a different chat tab and you don't have to look at the random chat in between questions. Problem solved.

Wanting another channel just so you can have it easier when the existing channels serve everybody else just fine is a wee bit presumptuous. Your channel would only work if a significant amount of people would be in it and why would the majority of doffers join that channel too when it doesn't offer them any extra information?
Captain
# 14
06-29-2012, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilarta View Post
I'm not sure if what I'm after exists, but I'll list the criteria and hope someone can point me in the right direction.

1. No random chatter.
2. No discussions of how to DOFF or how to maximize crit chance etc.
3. Allowed to ask if a particular assignment is running.
4. Active members/significant playerbase.
So I'm likely to miss all the assignment callouts because of this.
I really doubt a channel like this would be very frequented. While the DOFFJOBS-channel might be occasionally a bit offtopic, it?s still a great scource of information and a good scource of doff assignments from other people?s bridges.

Imho there is currently a nice division. JOBS for bridge invites (you can see those assignments you mentioned pop up at least a couple of times a day in there), Dofftalk and a bit of socializing, while CALLS is strictly CALLS-only.
Ensign
# 15
06-29-2012, 01:10 PM
Just ignore @LanceletLoire(?) - 'Bael,' I believe - and you will cut the chatter down in DoffJobs by at least 50%... unless you want to know what he's thinking every 3 minutes or so, in which case he will be sure to keep you regularly updated.
Empire Veteran
# 16
06-30-2012, 06:12 AM
Then the best compromise is the sheet.

If you're not already using the game in windowed max mode it will help you a lot to use this tool.
Ensign
# 17
06-30-2012, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avarileria View Post
Just ignore @LanceletLoire(?) - 'Bael,' I believe - and you will cut the chatter down in DoffJobs by at least 50%... unless you want to know what he's thinking every 3 minutes or so, in which case he will be sure to keep you regularly updated.
This means war

On a side note to the original poster. Doffjobs does the job fairly well. There are conversations going on through out the day between the 4 hour cycles. And between those you can almost definitely see frequent missions getting called out. Not only that but when there's a doffing question asked you're bound to get 3-4 people giving you the answer relatively quickly. In fact I think I've seen Feresa 9/10 mentioned a couple times today while I was online.

Last edited by baelispissedoff; 06-30-2012 at 07:22 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-30-2012, 07:16 PM
DOFFJOBS is more like occasionally on topic than off. I know a lot of people don't use it anymore due to that.
Having trouble with ground STFs? Looking for help?

Join the STFHelp channel
Lieutenant
# 19
07-01-2012, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilarta View Post
Well, as far as I'm concerned, this list of Assignments to ask about is a fairly short one:

1. Project Chrysalis.
2. Rulian Mazan.
3. Gul Tain.
4. Caitian/Ferasan Flight Deck Officers.

Basically, just ones that award the "Special one-of-a-kind Doff".

And the Nebula Colony Chains don't count, because everyone knows where to find them!
"As far as I'm concerned" is the key phrase there.

Some people could care less about those, and want the high XP ones.

I'm not sure if you realize how your posts are coming across, which is why you are getting some of the answers you are.

1) You call DOffJobs trash, 2) you left the CALLS channel when you broke the rules and were called out on it because you didn't want to use DOffJOBS, and 3) you refuse to use the spreadsheet because of your "preferences".

Do you not realize that that all sounds terribly self-centered and snobby to the community that participates and maintains these resources? That's why you are being told to create your own.

Personally, I don't use the chat much anymore either because I'm tired of the constant crying over lockboxes (every single time I enter it, without fail), but that's why the spreadsheet is there. It's actually VERY Star Trek - do you think Kirk and Picard just randomly flew about the galaxy looking for assignments, or that they called up and chatted with other captains and asked what was to do out there? No, they consulted communications and the computers, which is very much like what the spreadsheet provides.

If this is all not enough for you, then perhaps you should take the advice to make your own "suitable" channel - or make nice and use the existing channel resources properly. You are not the only player of this game, nor are you the more entitled/important than anyone else.
Captain
# 20
07-01-2012, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anagrojaneway View Post
That's why you are being told to create your own.
Actually I told the poster to create their own because they were looking for something specific that wasn't met with what was currently available. I can speak for myself. Thanks.

I've used both doff channels and I have to admit that (I'll be good here) well they weren't what I was looking for either.

Of course the abuse I got when I asked for the non-bit.ly url the spreadsheet didn't help much either.

Please kindly don't give another player crap when your own house isn't smelling too rosy either.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining