Former PWE Community Team Lead
Quote:
Foundry Challenge #4 : Ancient Treasures
This is the comments thread for Foundry Challenge #4 : Ancient Treasures.
We also have an Index of previous challenges HERE.

Feel free to link directly to the entry you are commenting on. And please remember: we're not here to tear each other up. Do not troll your fellow Captains, give feedback! Let the others know what you liked and disliked.

Let's get those creative juices flowing!
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Lieutenant
# 2
06-27-2012, 05:34 PM
Brandon, one problem I have with this, "suggestions" for the ideas for the mission: people could have already scripted their mission and already are working on it. This makes it unfair; they get more time then anyone else.
" Nature Decays, but latinum lasts forever."
Original Handle: @Q400
Captain
# 3
06-27-2012, 05:49 PM
I probably should have put my question in this thread.
# 4
06-27-2012, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
I probably should have put my question in this thread.
Yes, you should have I've removed the other one, but to answer the question: in the ballpark is fine

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
# 5
06-27-2012, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by q403 View Post
Brandon, one problem I have with this, "suggestions" for the ideas for the mission: people could have already scripted their mission and already are working on it. This makes it unfair; they get more time then anyone else.
This is a good point, and I will probably not do it again in the future. I was just trying to include the community The good thing is I only posted up the thread calling for ideas a week ago, and the idea I used was only submitted last Friday. Also, there is a rule in the challenge that covers this exact thing (because anyone could have already started working on maps to prep for using it in a future challenge), so I am depending on everyone being honest :smile:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lieutenant
# 6
06-27-2012, 06:29 PM
I understand what you were trying to do, and frankly I enjoy the way you include the community.

Thanks, and I appreciate the quick response.

Favorite Dev = BranFlakes
" Nature Decays, but latinum lasts forever."
Original Handle: @Q400

Last edited by q403; 06-27-2012 at 06:33 PM.
# 7
06-27-2012, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by q403 View Post
I understand what you were trying to do, and frankly I enjoy the way you include the community.

Thanks, and I appreciate the quick response.

Favorite Dev = BranFlakes
I'm not a Dev, but thanks :biggrin: It's my pleasure!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Commander
# 8
06-27-2012, 07:15 PM
I forgot just how much time it can take to get the details right! Y+0.050, x+1.200,Y-0.8, etc, etc.
I'd be grateful for the extention if I didn't have to go in about a weeks time. :frown:
Red Bull time! lol
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Starfleet Veteran
# 9
06-27-2012, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
I'm not a Dev, but thanks :biggrin: It's my pleasure!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
You may walk into a different building each morning, but you are every bit a part of the STO team.

Green Dragoon

@greendragoon
Empire Veteran
# 10
06-28-2012, 07:40 AM
That wasn't easy to find an interesting script with this subject, but mine is roughly done. Now I only have to find which map i'll use, which ennemies, how many of them, some optional objectives for polishing, etc. A lot of things to write down.

This won't be what you could expect with such a subject, though.