Career Officer
It's been two weeks since I reported this major problem with the Foundry with the Keybinds getting really messed up when going from Space to Ground and Ground to Space.

Zero, is this issue being looked at? And if nobody else is having the trouble, then someone please look at my Foundry mission to see why this is happening?

It's impossible to test when I have to stop every few minutes to fix the keybinds when map transitioning.
Captain
# 2
09-03-2012, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
It's been two weeks since I reported this major problem with the Foundry with the Keybinds getting really messed up when going from Space to Ground and Ground to Space.

Zero, is this issue being looked at? And if nobody else is having the trouble, then someone please look at my Foundry mission to see why this is happening?

It's impossible to test when I have to stop every few minutes to fix the keybinds when map transitioning.
I haven't experienced this, but two whole weeks for a foundry bug is about 1/18th the lifespan of a foundry bug. Have patience or give up. Those are your two options.
Career Officer
# 3
09-03-2012, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post

^^^
FYI - this behavior was part of the Foundry before Saeson 6 (and yes, I find it VERY annoying when testing too - and would love to see it fixed); but, it's not new.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Career Officer
# 4
09-03-2012, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
I haven't experienced this, but two whole weeks for a foundry bug is about 1/18th the lifespan of a foundry bug. Have patience or give up. Those are your two options.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
^^^
FYI - this behavior was part of the Foundry before Saeson 6 (and yes, I find it VERY annoying when testing too - and would love to see it fixed); but, it's not new.
Well I will try to be patient, but at the same time I'm disappointed.

If Cryptic is going to promote the Foundry and not fix these bugs, then its no better than them shooting themselves in the foot, business-wize. Especially if it affects the Foundry system as a whole, and it effects newer games like Neverwinter.

I can understand want them to put out new content, but fixing old content is just as important.
Captain
# 5
09-03-2012, 07:45 PM
That doesn't seem to be the reigning philosophy. It's more like, what bug-filled new feature can we introduce, instead of what can we get to work as intended?

It's the Cryptic way. New systems, new systems, new systems! New systems with bugs! On top of old systems with bugs! Systems with bugs everywhere! They are ALIVE! ALIVE, I tell you! ALIVE.... but crawling.

Oh my devilish creepy crawlies. Would you like some brothers and sisters?
Career Officer
# 6
09-04-2012, 12:33 AM
I haven't experienced this bug, but if I understand right your keybinds keep getting changed when you go from space to ground and vice versa?

If so, try doing the following:

1) Set your keybinds up correctly.

2) In the chat window type /bindsavefile ground.txt (or space.txt if it's space). (Note: it's possible the command may have underscores or spaces, I can't remember off the top of my head. But as you start typing it, some auto complete options should pop up so you know you have it right)

3) Now, whenever your bindings are messed up just type /bindloadfile ground.txt (or space.txt if it's space) and your bindings should be restored.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Captain
# 7
09-04-2012, 02:19 AM
I just want to say I pulled a heavy couple of nights in the foundry recently to fix up and finish my latest project(s) and realized there are a few bugs that are now missing. The needing to reset a map for pop up dialogs to work is gone, the stuck open dialog toolbar if you improperly change dialogs without clicking outside of the edit box is gone, a few more additions to the assets from just 3 weeks ago.

We're getting fixes, just not all of them are in the patch notes. I'm not even sure if anyone has thanked them for those fixes yet. I know the dialog one was very welcome to me.
Rihannsu
# 8
09-04-2012, 04:27 AM
I gotta agree with Nagorak and x377. This isn't an issue that I've even seen.

and yes, I LOVE how they fixed that old bug with popup dialogs!
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 9
09-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Well, one thing is that they may have fixed that pop-up bug, but seems you can't preview it using the "Play Dialogue" Button.

When I try, sure you end up on the Holodeck, but there is no Dialogue pop-up. And you no longer talk to that NPC, its some Universal UGC Contact. So in fixing one thing, they broke another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
That doesn't seem to be the reigning philosophy. It's more like, what bug-filled new feature can we introduce, instead of what can we get to work as intended?

It's the Cryptic way. New systems, new systems, new systems! New systems with bugs! On top of old systems with bugs! Systems with bugs everywhere! They are ALIVE! ALIVE, I tell you! ALIVE.... but crawling.

Oh my devilish creepy crawlies. Would you like some brothers and sisters?
Can't disagree with you there.

The only things that they will fix quickly these days are exploits. Which questions the healthy direction the company is heading these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
I haven't experienced this bug, but if I understand right your keybinds keep getting changed when you go from space to ground and vice versa?

If so, try doing the following:

1) Set your keybinds up correctly.

2) In the chat window type /bindsavefile ground.txt (or space.txt if it's space). (Note: it's possible the command may have underscores or spaces, I can't remember off the top of my head. But as you start typing it, some auto complete options should pop up so you know you have it right)

3) Now, whenever your bindings are messed up just type /bindloadfile ground.txt (or space.txt if it's space) and your bindings should be restored.
Appricate the Advice and will act on it.

Just not sure why it won't save the keybinds, and as other said, it's not a new thing, yet not everyone has it, which means there is something triggering it. What, I have no Idea.
Career Officer
# 10
09-27-2012, 12:45 AM
You know the strangest thing is this has started to happen to me too. It was fine before and now my keybinds are not saving between ground and space.

I'm wondering if the people who 'don't have it' are simply those who left everything set to defaults?

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.