Starfleet Veteran
# 101
09-13-2012, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drudgy View Post
Ya, I could see how that would be a problem. I've got 3 VA Klingons myself and man leveling them was painful to say the least. The way I look at it is if I would have had some really good Foundry missions to level on it would have made them a little more fun. I see it as a personal challenge to make a KDF mission, and have it played. There are so many die hard KDF players out there and they are all hungry for good content. It's an awesome community and I do my best to brighten things up as much as I can over there.
Here's what I wish Cryptic would do.

Make a new special Foundry Challenge that is specifically designed to fill the mission void in the Klingon faction.

Make a series where the reward isn't Z-points but an official entry into the official mission playlist for the Klingon faction- with the same experience and rewards benefits at the real missions.

Even if the rules were super strict- I think you'd get a lot of people joining for a chance at being part of the main mission list in STO.

Even if the Challange focused on a completely new storyline thread not yet introduced in the KDF story- like the conquest of a race of area of space.

Possible rules:
1. The level must be set to the level that is being developed, like 1-16.
2. Missions must not disrupt the story already in place in STO.
3. Cryptic must be given the right to veto any mission voted by players and/or given the right to change the mission to fit within the STO story framework.
Starfleet Veteran
# 102
09-13-2012, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Anyways, yes, it is time for Romulans to be a real faction.
I agree that it would be cool to have another faction, but I think two things need to happen for that to work.

1. Fill up the Klingon missions so that you can start playing from level one. This needs to happen to see if another faction would even be worthwhile. If having a fully fleshed Klingon faction still doesn't bring players into playing a second faction, you have to wonder if it would work for a Romulan faction.

2. Cryptic should put a lot of work into the Romulan faction BEFORE release so that what happened to the Klingon faction doesn't happen to the Romulan faction.
Rihannsu
# 103
09-13-2012, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by muaren View Post
Here's what I wish Cryptic would do.

Make a new special Foundry Challenge that is specifically designed to fill the mission void in the Klingon faction.

Make a series where the reward isn't Z-points but an official entry into the official mission playlist for the Klingon faction- with the same experience and rewards benefits at the real missions.

Even if the rules were super strict- I think you'd get a lot of people joining for a chance at being part of the main mission list in STO.

Even if the Challange focused on a completely new storyline thread not yet introduced in the KDF story- like the conquest of a race of area of space.

Possible rules:
1. The level must be set to the level that is being developed, like 1-16.
2. Missions must not disrupt the story already in place in STO.
3. Cryptic must be given the right to veto any mission voted by players and/or given the right to change the mission to fit within the STO story framework.
Great idea.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Starfleet Veteran
# 104
09-18-2012, 03:19 PM
Is it just me or have the play-thru's for this challenge really started to run dry?

I'm keeping track of all the mission play-thru's and they've really slowed.

Either people forgot the challenge or the ones who wanted to play it have already done so.
Captain
# 105
09-18-2012, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Is it just me or have the play-thru's for this challenge really started to run dry?

I'm keeping track of all the mission play-thru's and they've really slowed.

Either people forgot the challenge or the ones who wanted to play it have already done so.
Judging from my number of plays, the majority of plays are coming from my forum sig. The only mission I haven't played yet is the KDF one, but I don't have a 41+ toon, so I need to get a friend to share it. I wonder how it's doing, since my 7 month old KDF mission has like 40 reviews.
Starfleet Veteran
# 106
09-18-2012, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Judging from my number of plays, the majority of plays are coming from my forum sig. The only mission I haven't played yet is the KDF one, but I don't have a 41+ toon, so I need to get a friend to share it. I wonder how it's doing, since my 7 month old KDF mission has like 40 reviews.
Here's the current rundown of missions- by highest number of play-thru's to least.

Relics -172 -4.01
Ancient Dreams -80 -3.96
Atlas -65 -3.77
The Long Sleep -52 -3.83
The Answer -43 -3.84
The Zypex Revelation -38 -3.71
Mudds' Treasure -29 -2.59
The Darkness between the Stars -29 -3.38
The Twilight of the Gods -26 -3.85
Rihannsu
# 107
09-18-2012, 08:29 PM
Wow... second from last? yick... and by a surprisingly small margin.....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 108
09-18-2012, 10:39 PM
Terrors of the Past is currently at 28 Plays. 4 Star on average.

My other Klingon mission is at like 180 plays but it's been there for about a year now.

I was really kind of hoping more people would play it, but I guess there's not much interest on the KDF side.
Starfleet Veteran
# 109
09-19-2012, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drudgy View Post
Terrors of the Past is currently at 28 Plays. 4 Star on average.

My other Klingon mission is at like 180 plays but it's been there for about a year now.

I was really kind of hoping more people would play it, but I guess there's not much interest on the KDF side.
First, I thought I had put your mission on the list. I was/am following it. Sorry.
Secondly, I think one of the problems is the level of the mission. Not many people, % wise, have a maxed out Klingon character. I think you'd get more play-thru's with a lower level. Comparitively though, almost half the other missions have around the same play-thru's.

Updated list with all missions:

Relics----------------------------------173---4.01
Ancient Dreams------------------------80----3.96
Atlas------------------------------------65----3.77
The Long Sleep------------------------53----3.83
The Answer----------------------------43----3.84
The Zypex Revelation-----------------38----3.71
Mudds' Treasure-----------------------29----2.59
The Darkness between the Stars-----29----3.38
Terrors of the Past-Klingon------------28----3.93
The Twilight of the Gods---------------26----3.85

Last edited by muaren; 09-19-2012 at 06:44 AM.
Career Officer
# 110
09-19-2012, 08:48 AM
Quote:
First, I thought I had put your mission on the list. I was/am following it. Sorry.
Secondly, I think one of the problems is the level of the mission. Not many people, % wise, have a maxed out Klingon character. I think you'd get more play-thru's with a lower level. Comparitively though, almost half the other missions have around the same play-thru's.
It's ok. Oddly enough it doesn't really need to be that high of a level cap, but since some of the story involved the Borg it jumped it up to level 41+. No one ever fights the Borg, but I had to recreate some events involving them.

Having been playing this game since launch I've got 3 Klink's to max level so it wasn't really much of an issue for me. Some of my previous missions though were 16+ but I guess in the spirit of the challenge I should have tweaked the story for something lower level.