Ensign
# 1 Buying Zen in Pounds, GBP?
06-27-2012, 05:15 PM
Hi, all does anyone know how to buy Zen in Pounds, GBP?
The only option I get is to pay in euros.

Firstly I have to buy c points at the euro to zen rate, the euro is very weak against the pound at the moment and it means I paying more for my c-points than I did before in pounds due to the exchange rate

Secondly my bank slap a $1.25 charge for foreign currency exchange on EVERY transaction I make in Euros

Why can I not pay in pounds and get the same rates I always did, when you include the fees and charges in paying in euros with the terrible exchange rate I'm really losing out, enough to completely put me off the C Store... every podcast with the Devs keep saying nothing changed money wish, well it has if your paying in pounds, you are paying more, I have the bank statement to prove it after buying ships that cost the same c points and the amount I paid and I'm not even including the fees in that!

So does anyone know how I can buy Zen in pounds as I've a real itch to get the Defiant retrofit!
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
06-27-2012, 05:18 PM
Erm no

the euro is doing a crash and burn

so you get MORE Zen to the pound than you originally did

if the Euro goes down more it will get better and better value
Ensign
# 3 Confused
06-27-2012, 05:50 PM
Not at the exchange rate my bank is using for online foreign currency transactions lol I am exactly Pounds 1.71 worse off on a 1200 cp ship plus the two trans fees of Pounds 1.25 for each of the two purchases i made to get the exact amount of zen for the san paulo. I'm going to try linking to my steam account and see if the Steam Wallet works?

Any one used this, any advice?

Dev's any reason I cannot purchase in Pounds?
Ensign
# 4
06-27-2012, 05:59 PM
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...&postcount=127

So someone had done the Math and guess what even if I could pay in Pounds I'm worse off than the Americans as well lol so I'm paying more for my stuff in the UK the in the States!
Commander
# 5
06-28-2012, 02:35 AM
Due to the TAX-thingy (I pay in EUR) I started paying via Prepaidcards ... no extra charges or taxes for me. Maybe that'll help you.

Steam Wallet still works, until the ZEN-Conversion at least (maybe longer).
Career Officer
# 6
06-28-2012, 02:56 AM
Well... Think of it like this: They are motivating you to use the "Free" aspect of Free to play...

Making it unattractive to us (yea... I'd loose money buying Zen too), simply motivates to NOT buy zen.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Captain
# 7
06-28-2012, 03:09 AM
Seconding the OP, actually. The pound to euro conversion is actually really hefty. Are prepaid cards still available?
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-28-2012, 03:15 AM
Being the UK, I was going to have a look at the prices. Once I got to the phone number required rubbish though, I came to the conclusion I won't be buying any.
Having trouble with ground STFs? Looking for help?

Join the STFHelp channel
Lieutenant
# 9
06-28-2012, 02:38 PM
Yeah i should of done the math before i opened my big jehmadar mouth im running out of
Ketracel-white!!!!! ARRRRRRGH

Last edited by ajay80; 06-28-2012 at 03:07 PM.
Closed Thread