Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,533
# 31
06-28-2012, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonamax View Post
Isn't reduced shield outut already stock on all the KDF ships?
well, the raptor has 33k hull with a .83 shield mod, compared to fed escorts with 30k hull and .9 shield mod. the vorcha has less hull because it turns so well i imagine, but i think its shield mod is 1 like fed cruisers.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 265
# 32
06-28-2012, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulleatherjacket View Post
No, you're the whining ***** who attacked my suggestion first. You back it up, twatface. Post a video of you kicking ass in a K'tinga in a STF. Get to it or you're a worthless lying troll.
Listen bro, just because you're upset that you can't have your Infinity +1 Sword, doesn't mean you have to keep calling people names. Judging by your posts, I'm guessing you're a 12 year old who is having trouble dealing with getting grounded from xbox live. That's just too bad. If I'm wrong, maybe you can go back and look at your posts to see why I got that impression.

Just because you can't make something work doesn't mean that others can't make something work. People PVP in torpedo-only B'rels, and they STF in K'tingas. I'm not going to waste time uploading a video that you're just going to ***** about if I do anyways. The fact is, it happens, and people do it just fine. If you can't make it work, that's a you problem.

It comes down to this: You obviously like the K'tinga. I like the K'tinga too. So you can either sit on the forums and cry, or you can get in game and fly the damn thing. It's got 4 frontal weapons and can mount cannons, it's fast enough to max out defense bonus, and it's maneuverable enough to always get those guns on target. Having only a Lt. Tac Station hurts, yes. But as a Tactical captain, that isn't so much of a problem for me, and the Eng BOff slots are more than enough to keep me alive. If you're a Sci or Eng, it may be a little different.

So as I said, if you like the ship, go out and fly it. It beats the hell out of whining because the other kids got ice cream and you didn't.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 750
# 33
06-28-2012, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolbrandr View Post
Listen bro, just because you're upset that you can't have your Infinity +1 Sword
On my Fed character I use a Galaxy-R. It's awful compared to the other T5 ships but I still use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolbrandr View Post
Just because you can't make something work doesn't mean that others can't make something work. People PVP in torpedo-only B'rels, and they STF in K'tingas. I'm not going to waste time uploading a video that you're just going to ***** about if I do anyways.
If you were to record and upload that video, I guarantee I'd back down and apologise. But I don't see you doing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolbrandr View Post
It comes down to this: You obviously like the K'tinga. I like the K'tinga too. So you can either sit on the forums and cry,
See that's the problem I have with guys like you. I merely said something should be a certain way, i.e: K'tinga should be T5. You immediately call it "crying". Now who's behaving like a mouthy teen using gratuitous hyperbole in this case?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolbrandr View Post
or you can get in game and fly the damn thing. It's got 4 frontal weapons and can mount cannons, it's fast enough to max out defense bonus, and it's maneuverable enough to always get those guns on target. Having only a Lt. Tac Station hurts, yes. But as a Tactical captain, that isn't so much of a problem for me, and the Eng BOff slots are more than enough to keep me alive. If you're a Sci or Eng, it may be a little different.
Y'know what? I did fly the K'tinga all the way to T5 on my Klink character. And I traded up for a Vor'cha because I decided the K'tinga is not good enough for me. And you come in here with your own value judgements to **** all over anyone who wants more for the KDF and you call me a crybaby fed in your opening post.

If I behaved like a 12 yearold, it's because I decided to meet you down at your level.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 265
# 34
06-28-2012, 05:34 PM
Once you've begun to break a post down into individual quotes, you've pretty much reached the point of arguing that your opinion itself is valid, rather than arguing the merits of that opinion.

That said, it's clear you're not really listening, let alone interested in actually discussing this. So you go ahead and keep asking for a T5 K'tinga, and I'll keep running STF's in the K'tinga I have already.

Good luck buddy. Nice talking to you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 130
# 35
06-28-2012, 05:41 PM
You twos "discussion" is rather off topic.
Could we talk about the K'tanco instead please? since that is what the thread is about.
This is not as good as it used to be...
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 750
# 36
06-28-2012, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolbrandr View Post
Once you've begun to break a post down into individual quotes, you've pretty much reached the point of arguing that your opinion itself is valid, rather than arguing the merits of that opinion.

That said, it's clear you're not really listening, let alone interested in actually discussing this. So you go ahead and keep asking for a T5 K'tinga, and I'll keep running STF's in the K'tinga I have already.

Good luck buddy. Nice talking to you.
Once you've begun to write posts long enough to need breaking down, you've pretty much reached the point of trying to smother your target underneath all the words you typed.

You didn't start a discussion. You started by saying "Harden the **** up and use a low level ship at max level and don't be a Fed Crybaby!". You didn't want to discuss, you wanted to browbeat. And now you're saying I'm not listening after I just told you I'd concede your point if you demonstrate evidence. I wish you had come to your conclusion in the first place and saved yourself the aggravation.

Last edited by fulleatherjacket; 06-29-2012 at 09:04 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 351
# 37
06-28-2012, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
well, the raptor has 33k hull with a .83 shield mod, compared to fed escorts with 30k hull and .9 shield mod. the vorcha has less hull because it turns so well i imagine, but i think its shield mod is 1 like fed cruisers.
Yup, the Vor'cha (like all Battle Cruisers) has a 1.0 modifier. The only exception in Cruisers is the Odyssey which has a 1.15 modifier.

Shield Modifiers of Vessel Types and Shield Types:

Bird-of-Prey: 0.8
Raptor: 0.833
Escort: 0.9
Cruiser: 1.0
Battle Cruiser: 1.0
Odyssey: 1.15
Science Vessel: 1.3

Regenerative: 0.9
Resilient Shield: 0.95
Standard: 1.0
Covariant: 1.1
Paratrinic: 1.43
________________
You'll have to forgive the Zeroes and Lowercase... Perfect World stole my Oh's and Capitals.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,203
# 38
06-29-2012, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolbrandr View Post
Why the hell do we need a T5 K'tinga? You do realize you can run STF's in the K'tinga we have already, don't you? I do it all the time, and I only use Mk X equipment on it.

I swear, some KDF players are as bad as the Feds when it comes to calling for T5 this, T5 that... If you like the K'tinga, fricking grow a pair already, and go fly it. Don't turn into a crybaby Fed.
I had to back up to page 1 to show my agreement with your view on the K'Tinga without getting involved in your 'discussion' with that other expert player <snicker>. I've been a victim of a properly outfitted and flown K'Tinga and have no doubts about it's ability to hold it's own in STF's if properly flown, sadly there are way too many players who feel that if their ship doesn't one-shot everything on the map then it needs to be upgraded.

I enjoy flying my T4 raptor in STF's (elites as well) and with the right team optionals aren't any problems to get. Ya, sometimes you get some 'rookies' that are completely lost in PUG's but they need to be taught, not kicked and ridiculed. If I get kicked from an STF because I fly a T4 ship then they're doing ME a favor, I don't want to play with those guys as my enjoyment factor is tied to how hard I have to work for the goal and I found PUGS quite enjoyable with moderately-experienced players.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf

Last edited by lordmalak1; 06-29-2012 at 08:39 AM.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 237
# 39
06-29-2012, 08:45 AM
The K'tanco's layout [nacelles on its back, guns on the wingtips, fixed-wing cruiser body] does lend itself to a fusion of sorts between cruiser and escort, for sure. But if they don't fix the weapon hardpoints, it would be kind of stupid to make it a T5 anything.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:35 AM.