# 21
06-28-2012, 08:09 AM
It says "server status up"
Career Officer
# 22
06-28-2012, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken1180 View Post
So when are you going to release fleet bases? I thought it was going to be mid June? Guess not huh?
As I said in a thread pertaining to this matter - do you want it done now or do you want it done right?

Such impatience!
Career Officer
# 23
06-28-2012, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerayzerak View Post
Sorry but that is kinda bs..
If it were true, i'm on +1 time, which means the server goes offline, or maintenance is done, starting 15:00 my time, yet it starts like an hour later..

Cause you not reading properly

During this time, you will not be able to create or manage Cryptic accounts, create or track your in-game tickets, and players will not be able to log into the game; however, players already in the game should not be affected. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

So who is in game. Is playing. Who isnt. Need to wait. Simple as that.
Career Officer
# 24
06-28-2012, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaziano View Post
This is my experience as well. NOW, the only thing we need to make sure of is that the ZEN/CRYPTIC points for items in the store needs to be adjusted down when they convert fully to ZEN. Otherwise we really will have our points worth less.
Up, not down. Since Zen is worth less than Cryptic points, prices will go up. Not really, but the point value will be adjusted. I'm pretty sure there is a FAQ explaining everything. :smile:
Only Internet users deal in absolutes !

Last edited by qjunior; 06-28-2012 at 08:17 AM.
Captain
# 25
06-28-2012, 08:15 AM
Quote:
If it were true, i'm on +1 time, which means the server goes offline, or maintenance is done, starting 15:00 my time, yet it starts like an hour later..
daylight saving. gives you plus one hour to GMT. kind of confusing, yes. but the link we get to check our times works
Ensign
# 26
06-28-2012, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Actually I'm pretty sure GMT and UTC are supposed to be the same. Both ignore DST.

During the summer, Brittan and Ireland move ahead one hour (BST/IST respectively):

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/daylight-saving-time/
Career Officer
# 27
06-28-2012, 08:19 AM
UTC = GMT

It is an American based organisation so they also give PDT.

Thankfully being in Britain we benefit from that (well it is because of us GMT became universal) and so it isn't difficult to convert to BST when applicable.

UTC + An american timezone is fine, otherwise they should give the time for every timezone applicable which isnt feasible on the login box.
Want to join the best fleet in the verse?

serenitystation.forumotion.com/f8-request-to-join-fleet
Ensign
# 28
06-28-2012, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjunior View Post
Up, not down. Since Zen is worth less than Cryptic points, prices will go up. Not really, but the point value will be adjusted. I'm pretty sure there is a FAQ explaining everything. :smile:
Dam, you saw through my ploy. I was hoping it would get through and they would adjust them down at least until they figured it out. :biggrin:
Ensign
# 29 Server Status: UP ... NOT!
06-28-2012, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahab122 View Post
It says "server status up"
Yes both the STO Login screen and the website http://sto.perfectworld.com/ show green Server Status: UP

The STO Login screen does have a red notice box about a scheduled maintenance:
Quote:
Account Server Maintenance 6/28 7-9am PDT. Please check the forums for more information.
STO needs to update their Server Status timely and correctly, if you can't login to the server, it is inaccessible and for all practical purposes SERVERS ARE DOWN!

The login screen notice needs to have an active link to forum topic; that they should start.

Come on guys, you really can do a better job!

STO Diplomatic Mission - Keep Clients Informed: CRITICAL FAILURE! (Lost Client Faith in STO)

Last edited by glenntle; 06-28-2012 at 08:41 AM.
Lieutenant
# 30
06-28-2012, 08:26 AM
How on earth could they possibly do more to inform people? They put a post up about it on the forum, and a message in a big red box in the launcher. The server itself is still up, and people who are logged on can still play.

I think some people need to have their eyes tested, because this is rediculous.
Closed Thread