Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Former PWE Community Team Lead
Hello Captains!

Please post your questions below and dStahl will answer selected questions from all those received. Please post them today as I will ship questions off to Dan tomorrow afternoon.

Also, remember that questions will not be answered in this thread -- answers will be posted in an upcoming "Ask Cryptic" Web Feature that will be released in the beginning of July.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Banned
# 2
06-28-2012, 01:24 PM
In the most recent in game Q&A you said that a Romulan ship will not appear in a lock box because they are being saved for an upcoming Romulan faction.

(1) How can the team ever create a Romulan faction when they cant even finish the KDF faction after 2 and a half years?

(2) And if plans for a Rom faction are the reason for not doing a Rom lock box, does that mean that there are no plans for having a Card faction since you did a Galor lock box?

You also said that in Aug or Sep the foundry spotlight missions would be getting official rewards and would be featured in the mission journal similar to how the FEs were featured in the past.

(3) Will these missions also get full xp rewards similar to official missions, and if so can this be a means of finishing the KDF and any future factions?

Last edited by th3gr4ndnagu5; 06-28-2012 at 03:46 PM.
Career Officer
# 3
06-28-2012, 01:26 PM
Outside of story content, I'm most eager for new playable species. In some respects, I think, if handled right, this could become a big seller like the C-Store ships. I think it's also somewhat clear that past approaches didn't work as well as they could have, outside of the Caitians and Ferasans.

Can we expect premium species respecs, first officer promotions, anything like that soon?

I play a fake Cardassian, like many, but would jump at the opportunity to make that a real Cardassian, particularly with Cardassian costume options.

A faction isn't coming any time soon. The lore already has Cardassians in the Federation and KDF through the DOff system. C'mon... I just want to occupy some worlds.
Empire Veteran
# 4
06-28-2012, 01:35 PM
What's happening with the Defend the Sector Block accolades, at max level you can not complete these and for accolade hunters which there are many in game this is quite annoying.
Career Officer
# 5
06-28-2012, 01:44 PM
With fleet starbases on the horizon and currently being tested on Tribble, will we ever see the fleet Cap raised above 500? Large fleets like the {UFP} currently need 2 fleets to house all our characters with our main at about 400+ with one characters per person only.
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Dodgers-STO.png
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
06-28-2012, 01:46 PM
Is there any way we can have a separate small craft list and Starship list to free up ship slots without having to decommission our small craft? Or not have small craft take up a ship slot? I know you're talking about setting a default shuttle, but that doesn't address the issue of lack of space for new Starships.

Also, instead of a full fledged shuttle bay, how about, for the time being, you mark an unused door on our ship's Engineering Deck with "Shuttle Bay" and when we interact with it, it brings up our list of small craft. That seems a bit more plausible than going to your transporter room to access your shuttles.
=\/= ================================ =\/=
Centurion maximus92
12th Legion, Romulan Republic
12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=

Last edited by ravin; 06-28-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Lieutenant
# 7
06-28-2012, 01:46 PM
Given starbases are designed for fleet use and there are some big fleets out there will there instances accomodate more than the standard 75 people?

I think filling on of the main foyers with 200 fleet members would be awesome

thanks

Executive Officer of Alpha Squadron
Ensign
# 8
06-28-2012, 01:47 PM
Whats on the short term list for things?

Last edited by melchob1; 06-28-2012 at 01:59 PM.
Career Officer
# 9
06-28-2012, 01:48 PM
With the difficulty obtaining lock box ships on just one character, will we ever see lock box ships account wide unlock when they are opened on just one character?
Commander
# 10 My 2 EC
06-28-2012, 01:48 PM
Will Starbase get to see PvP? Not just a normal Deathmatch PvP but with added new forms of PvP like Espionage (use shuttles to disable subsystems on Starbases), Trade (Fleets trade commodities), Diplomacy (when a friendly Starbase is being attacked, you can go aid them depending on Diplomacy status), and more!

If you can't answer that one, how about adding a new faction to the game, not just the Romulan but the Cardassians as well! Both at the same time will be not only Amazing for the game as a whole, but a potential gold mine for you guys!

Update: To add on the PvP option, how about King of the Hill to protect the base? depending on how succesful the attack is, it goes to Ground PvP
The Average PvP player

1) Teamwork and timing is #1
2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
3) You are going to die, just get back up
Closed Thread