Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 735
# 31
10-11-2012, 06:14 AM
i hear complaining in the forum has merit! (actually i hear it's completely OP!)

Please someone ZOMBIE this thread! Half the mechanics discussed in it were changed a month or two ago, and this thread should be buried and forgotten!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 374
# 32
10-11-2012, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxhellspawnyxxx View Post
I'd rather shred his cruiser to pieces.

Btw. the assertion came from a member of TSI, and he claimed he could prove it.
I was referring to the zomboidal nature of the post above yours .

I'm not sure what you mean though?
The debuff is -30 applied to someone using dis, or the debuff is -10 to everybody else, but if dis is shot at an applied target, the debuff is -30?
The second option is kinda cool. Makes me feel like I'm missing out less in using disruptor
Fancy an exclusive, extended 21 day trial of eve online?
Sign up (heck, it's free for almost a full month, using the link) and see what you think.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 157
# 33
10-11-2012, 06:33 AM
Well he confirmed that the debuff from disruptor procs is -10 for all other damage types, so far so good, we all know that. But he claimed the debuff is not -10 but -30 for all incoming disruptor damage. It was around 1 a.m. so I politely declined his offer to test it 1on1.

Visit the German STO forum: www.sto-center.de/forum
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/STOHellspawny
Weapon Damage Calculator: Download
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 13,988
# 34
10-11-2012, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dassemsto View Post
Please someone ZOMBIE this thread! Half the mechanics discussed in it were changed a month or two ago, and this thread should be buried and forgotten!
I'm rarely one to complain about necro'd threads (hating how so many folks think that what they have to say deserves its own post and making searching that more difficult); but when it comes to mechanics that have become outdated...have to agree with this sentiment.

This thread needs a disruptor blast to the forehead - and - perhaps a new, more relevant thread could be created...

That being said: 2 Rapid Trans, 1 Breen Cluster, 1 Harp, 2 Disruptor Turrets, and a Chron Mine Launcher.
Banned
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 50
# 35
10-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawj4ws View Post
Phaser proc is the most noticeable. Not sure if its broken or if its because there are now a lot of pets using this weapon type.

still sticking with polaron for energy stripping goodness
If I recall Phaser procs are still broken in that they can chain before the first one wears off. They had nerfed them to grant a 10 second immunity to another phaser proc. But of course we shouldn't expect things to work right should we?
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 23
# 36
10-11-2012, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxhellspawnyxxx View Post
Well he confirmed that the debuff from disruptor procs is -10 for all other damage types, so far so good, we all know that. But he claimed the debuff is not -10 but -30 for all incoming disruptor damage. It was around 1 a.m. so I politely declined his offer to test it 1on1.
The proc can be Buffed with tac powers APA,APO, tac fleet etc.. so if you have everything buffed it can prolly get to around -30
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,922
# 37
10-26-2012, 08:33 AM
OK, with the CURRENT weapon info, which weapon is best for PvP ? Am ready to upgrade my disruptors to fleet weapons and need to know if I should stick with disruptors or rekit to Phasers, or something else.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 363
# 38
10-26-2012, 08:57 AM
PLASMA LIKE THE BORGS!!!

But seriously, it really does depend on what you're trying to do.

An antiproton set up will work well in junction with movement debuffs since it has accuracy issues while in cannon format.

A polaron setup will work well in junction with other power drain abilities such as Tykens Rift or an EMP from a D'kora. Points into power insulators will hard counter this weapon type.

A disruptor setup works well especially when attack patterns beta and delta are abundant, and when sensor scans and sensor analysis are in heavy use.

Tetryon setups are great in large numbers (other players) and will prove even more effective if you're 2 piece omega due to Tetryon glider. (This will be in more common practice in season 7 because of the changes being made to the borg set). Points into power insulators will hard counter this weapon type.

Phasers are generic, but very deadly if they proc at the right time. But also can be easily controlled with engineering teams, points into subsystem repair, batteries, and emergency power to "wsea".

So choose your weapon type based on how you will compliment your team.

In 1v1, I would strongly recommend staying away from anti proton unless you use them in beams. At the same time all the others are applicable. But just remember, weapon types are best demonstrated when they're used in junction with abilities.

-PaxOttomana of Turkish RP Heroes

PS- Plasma might be great for bleed through builds, but really its a use/test at your own risk type of weapon.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 197
# 39
10-26-2012, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxottoman View Post
PLASMA LIKE THE BORGS!!!

But seriously, it really does depend on what you're trying to do.

An antiproton set up will work well in junction with movement debuffs since it has accuracy issues while in cannon format.

A polaron setup will work well in junction with other power drain abilities such as Tykens Rift or an EMP from a D'kora. Points into power insulators will hard counter this weapon type.

A disruptor setup works well especially when attack patterns beta and delta are abundant, and when sensor scans and sensor analysis are in heavy use.

Tetryon setups are great in large numbers (other players) and will prove even more effective if you're 2 piece omega due to Tetryon glider. (This will be in more common practice in season 7 because of the changes being made to the borg set). Points into power insulators will hard counter this weapon type.

Phasers are generic, but very deadly if they proc at the right time. But also can be easily controlled with engineering teams, points into subsystem repair, batteries, and emergency power to "wsea".

So choose your weapon type based on how you will compliment your team.

In 1v1, I would strongly recommend staying away from anti proton unless you use them in beams. At the same time all the others are applicable. But just remember, weapon types are best demonstrated when they're used in junction with abilities.

-PaxOttomana of Turkish RP Heroes

PS- Plasma might be great for bleed through builds, but really its a use/test at your own risk type of weapon.
I like the Polarized Disruptors in my D'Kora.... Phased Tetryon can be fun as well with the Omega sets.

Thx
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,922
# 40
10-26-2012, 09:16 AM
Tnx, I shoulda specified Im lvl 51 tac, in a raptor, energy only. Was a toss-up between Disruptors and Phasers and as I don't have any bound consoles, or STF set items yet I'm starting from a clean slate, without a premade team.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:16 PM.