Empire Veteran
I have always used Visa Gift Cards to buy my cryptic points. Now that it is Zen. Guess what, it doesn't work. Here is what I get and there is more than enough on my Visa Gift Card.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Transaction failed

We were unable to deduct 5.00 USD from your credit/debit card because the transaction was declined by your card issuing bank.
Please return to the website of the Merchant where you will receive further instructions.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is ridiculous, I have no other way to buy C points. And I think it's very bad for your business.
Career Officer
# 2
07-08-2012, 12:25 AM
Dont feel left out.....it wont use my CC or my debit cards either....

My last dash to buy cryptic points was apparently my last purchase in this game....

Silly stupid and really not smart business sense to have such a complicated way to buy zen when it was so simple before.

I define complicated as comparing it to the way previous cryptic players had to buy points.......

I tried 5 diff ways to buy them and was sucessful 0 times....
Napoleon's final defeat came at Waterloo. Must've been embarrassing. You're the f'ing emperor. You conquered all of Europe, only to lose in a place with a stupid name like Waterloo. Or Watergate, or Whitewater. Note to politicans: Stay on land.
Career Officer
# 3
07-08-2012, 12:46 AM
Redacted by Section 31

/5chars

In Game: @Liath | STO Join Date: Jan 2012 | PWE Join Date: Feb 2009

Last edited by eiledon; 07-08-2012 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Removed as poster below must be correct so no point offering help.
Career Officer
# 4
07-08-2012, 01:58 AM
Of course it does...it has all to do with them and their little agreements with other money transaction companies.

There was minimal, if any, issues with the cryptic and their c-store.

I walked through this with my bank on Friday...they said all the information i was offering them (pwe's companies used to collect its money) was valid and correct.

yet they deny my CC and debit card.

I do not need a walk through for something as simple as a credit card transaction.

What i need is a setup that works efficiently for me. Thus far pwe and their little money collection companies do not work in any form for me.

I use my Cc and debit card for many things and there are no issues with funds in said accounts or input of numbers and addresses incorrectly. Same card(s) denied waere used in Cryptic c-store with no issues about 2 weeks ago to buy virtual c store cards with ease.
Napoleon's final defeat came at Waterloo. Must've been embarrassing. You're the f'ing emperor. You conquered all of Europe, only to lose in a place with a stupid name like Waterloo. Or Watergate, or Whitewater. Note to politicans: Stay on land.

Last edited by adabisi; 07-08-2012 at 02:01 AM.
Career Officer
# 5
07-08-2012, 02:56 AM
I am not sure what country you are in but Walmart carries $10 zen cards.
Cryptic
Joined August 2008
Career Officer
# 6
07-08-2012, 03:26 AM
whatever dude. not had an issue purchasing zen in over 3 years. just trying to offer some direction for help as this is a billing query and the only response you will get from staff is to raise a ticket. ranting on the forum won't solve your problem. so raise a ticket. I am sure you will get a very similar response to the one I have provided..

In Game: @Liath | STO Join Date: Jan 2012 | PWE Join Date: Feb 2009
Captain
# 7
07-08-2012, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quvbagh View Post
We were unable to deduct 5.00 USD from your credit/debit card because the transaction was declined by your card issuing bank.
That's the bank declining the transaction, not PW/Cryptic. You may need to contact them to see what's up.

I know the card that I use doesn't like being processed outside of the US and will reject on that. That may be what is happening with you.

Don;t they still have a paypal option? if so, can you try processing the card through that?
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Commander
# 8
07-08-2012, 08:22 AM
It's not the first time I've heard of these prepaids getting rejected for online purchases. Sometimes for online purchases you have to call the bank and verify the zip code on the card or have them add one to it, more often than not it's being rejected because the zip doesn't match what the bank has (which is usually nothing on those)
Captain
# 9
07-08-2012, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiberteksyfir View Post
It's not the first time I've heard of these prepaids getting rejected for online purchases. Sometimes for online purchases you have to call the bank and verify the zip code on the card or have them add one to it, more often than not it's being rejected because the zip doesn't match what the bank has (which is usually nothing on those)
I just do that automatically. I use the Simon Mall American Express cards and even though American Express isn't supposed to verify address, I found that I had to get mine in there.

I tried to order some books from a Canadian online bookseller this past Christmas and American express declined the transaction as it was Canadian based. They only allow US merchants.

But that's really the only card that i can use.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Community Moderator
# 10
07-08-2012, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quvbagh View Post
I have always used Visa Gift Cards to buy my cryptic points. Now that it is Zen. Guess what, it doesn't work. Here is what I get and there is more than enough on my Visa Gift Card.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Transaction failed

Please return to the website of the Merchant where you will receive further instructions.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is ridiculous, I have no other way to buy C points. And I think it's very bad for your business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewendell View Post
That's the bank declining the transaction, not PW/Cryptic. You may need to contact them to see what's up.

I know the card that I use doesn't like being processed outside of the US and will reject on that. That may be what is happening with you.

Don;t they still have a paypal option? if so, can you try processing the card through that?
Paypal is still an option

however, as you stated in your own post, if your bank has declined the transaction that is on their end not PWE. you will need to contact the bank with information to follow up on it.

Note: PWE and Cryptic both use different payment processors which could be why it worked before and not now.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.