Career Officer
# 11
07-08-2012, 11:47 AM
The issues with Gift Cards disguised as Credit Cards is that in reality, its always a Gift Card, and its the up to the discretion of the Vendor to Accept it or not...

Unlike Credit Cards, Gift Cards are generic, and lack the personal account information that can be used to track and verify a transaction. This is the reason why many Vendors refuse to accept Gift Card transactions...
Captain
# 12
07-08-2012, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchyotaku View Post
The issues with Gift Cards disguised as Credit Cards is that in reality, its always a Gift Card, and its the up to the discretion of the Vendor to Accept it or not...

Unlike Credit Cards, Gift Cards are generic, and lack the personal account information that can be used to track and verify a transaction. This is the reason why many Vendors refuse to accept Gift Card transactions...
My merchant account has no method to block gift cards outright. At least I've never seen one and I spend time each day in there.

I am allowed to block countries or to only take cards from certain ones.

I do have an option for a high level of security/fraud detection. It may be within that option. I used it years ago only to discover that it didn't like certain ISPs.

I also have an option to what level of matching I do against addresses. I just go with a zip code or the equivalent.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Lieutenant
# 13
07-08-2012, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quvbagh View Post
I have always used Visa Gift Cards to buy my cryptic points. Now that it is Zen. Guess what, it doesn't work. Here is what I get and there is more than enough on my Visa Gift Card.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Transaction failed

We were unable to deduct 5.00 USD from your credit/debit card because the transaction was declined by your card issuing bank.
Please return to the website of the Merchant where you will receive further instructions.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is ridiculous, I have no other way to buy C points. And I think it's very bad for your business.
I get the same result using my bank debit card . . . the same card i've used to subscribe (off and on) and buy C-store points with since STO launched.

but, now . . . s.o.l.

i just look at it as PWE doing me a favor. i'm unable to spend any money on sto now. thank you PWE.
Career Officer
# 14
07-08-2012, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by article001 View Post
I get the same result using my bank debit card . . . the same card i've used to subscribe (off and on) and buy C-store points with since STO launched.

but, now . . . s.o.l.

i just look at it as PWE doing me a favor. i'm unable to spend any money on sto now. thank you PWE.
Darn skippy !!!! We ,who were about to charge some zen but could not, salute you
Napoleon's final defeat came at Waterloo. Must've been embarrassing. You're the f'ing emperor. You conquered all of Europe, only to lose in a place with a stupid name like Waterloo. Or Watergate, or Whitewater. Note to politicans: Stay on land.