Career Officer
# 11
06-28-2012, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Certainly don't worship them, but I do respect them for the (often overlooked) work that they put into making STO an enjoyable experience that I want to log into every day.

Absolutely!

LAUREN RULZ !!!!!!!!
Career Officer
# 12
06-28-2012, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyxmas1 View Post
That's news to me! What's that mean?

Nevermind, it's a reference to some TV show Dinosaurs which I never watched LOL

LAUREN RULZ !!!!!!!!
Career Officer
# 13
06-28-2012, 08:44 AM
Quote:

And if an STO Dev turns into Jim Jones offering you poisoned Kool-Aid, or says kill yourself like Nichelle Nichols' brother did in the Heaven's Gate cult, you had better wise up and RUN! :wink:
Lol.. I think i'd have to laugh if Dan Stahl came up to me with poisoned Kool-Aid...

I agree it's not the end of the world though if Dev's leave a company. Sure it's sad, however the game will continue on. It's just like any other company, much like they were discussing on Priority One when Al was on.
Captain
# 14
06-28-2012, 09:05 AM
Quote:
That's news to me! What's that mean?

In an episode of the early-1990s TV series "Dinosaurs", Earl Sinclair (the bumbling not-too-bright Homer Simpson type) starts believing in a Potato God (not a god OF potatoes--a god who IS a potato) when he is looking for metaphysical meaning in his life and doesn't like the other answers that people offer. This spreads quickly, and the cult of The Great Potato (Hail the Potato!) becomes the official state religion after a few scenes. Earl's son Robbie questions this sudden uncritical uptake of the new religion, and quickly gets arrested and condemned to burn at the stake, until an apparent act of divine intervention saves him.
Career Officer
# 15
06-28-2012, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchibiclari View Post
In an episode of the early-1990s TV series "Dinosaurs", Earl Sinclair (the bumbling not-too-bright Homer Simpson type) starts believing in a Potato God (not a god OF potatoes--a god who IS a potato) when he is looking for metaphysical meaning in his life and doesn't like the other answers that people offer. This spreads quickly, and the cult of The Great Potato (Hail the Potato!) becomes the official state religion after a few scenes. Earl's son Robbie questions this sudden uncritical uptake of the new religion, and quickly gets arrested and condemned to burn at the stake, until an apparent act of divine intervention saves him.
Funny :smile:

LAUREN RULZ !!!!!!!!
Cryptic Studios Team
# 16
06-28-2012, 01:11 PM
BOW DOWN TO MY TACOCITY!
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Career Officer
# 17
06-28-2012, 01:22 PM
While I may not worship the Devs themselves, I do have to admit a certain piety where fanged tacos are concerned.
Want to know more about Cryptic's hidden lottery odds and outcomes?  Read my posts below.
Lock Boxes: The true value - (thread link)
Jem'Hadar Bug Odds - (thread link)
Galor Creation Rate - (thread link)
Find me in TSW - TSW Chronicle Profile
Career Officer
# 18
06-28-2012, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
* bows down and prays to The Mighty, All Powerful, Ever Knowing, Taco Fang (y0 quiero), hoping he will get a Steak quesadilla out of it*
Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
http://massivechaos.enjin.com/
Survivor of Romulus
# 19
06-28-2012, 01:29 PM
I think a Range of Statues of the Devs should be available in the C store
Said statue could then be placed in your ship so your crew can worship their creators
Career Officer
# 20
06-28-2012, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
We needs some STO adventures of da taco. Sadly, seems SirHappy666 is offline.