Career Officer
# 1 C-points to Unbind Ships
06-29-2012, 03:14 PM
Though I'm loath to offer suggestions on ways to take more of my money; I have a Jem'hadar ship I don't really use anymore. It would be nice if there was a way to pay to get it unbound/reboxed so I could trade/sell it to someone who would use it.

This would helps everyone.
I free up a ship slot and get something (EC, item in trade, etc)
PWE gets money.
The number of ship X is not increased so it's still 'rare'.
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Starfleet Veteran
# 2
06-29-2012, 03:56 PM
Wow. That's an awesome idea.

It could also help people who have opened a ship but later on down the track wish that they had have opened it for another toon instead.

Expanding on that idea, it would be cool to be able to transfer bound consoles to another toon on the same account.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
06-29-2012, 03:58 PM
great idea!
Empire Veteran
# 4
06-29-2012, 04:41 PM
I don't believe this is desirable for PW/Cryptic, and probably not even possible due to coding limitations.

What I would like to see is for these ships to be bound to account, and tradeable through one's account bank. That way, it can be enjoyed as we experiment with different builds.

Join Date: December 2009 - Alliance Central Command - boq botlhra'ghom
Ensign
# 5
06-29-2012, 04:54 PM
I believe that if you use c-points to buy a ship, you should be able to sell it.
Career Officer
# 6
06-29-2012, 05:00 PM
I could go for this.

..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
06-29-2012, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpaaa View Post
I don't believe this is desirable for PW/Cryptic, and probably not even possible due to coding limitations.

What I would like to see is for these ships to be bound to account, and tradeable through one's account bank. That way, it can be enjoyed as we experiment with different builds.
This thread is full of awesome ideas. I really hope the devs are reading this.
Career Officer
# 8
06-29-2012, 09:14 PM
I don't know if there's any coding issues really. Theoretically, all you'd have to do is strip it of equipment and the token would delete the ship and replace it with a box. Galor could be required to have 4 spirals somewhere on it before it's reboxed.

Beyond that, hell yeah, this is an awesome idea for sure! Honestly, if we could box any non-account unlocked C-store ships that'd be great; some of us spent dil on free ships that would be better suited to other toons.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-30-2012, 01:11 AM
This idea is AMAZING!
Yuxtapuestoelmono, not "Lmrt"
Empire Veteran
# 10
06-30-2012, 08:24 AM
I like this idea, great idea and way to re-use a ship on another character especially if you want to delete the character for some reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"