Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Empire Veteran
# 21
07-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Has anybody tested Ti, PO and A2b together yet in a build?
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 22
07-11-2012, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Has anybody tested Ti, PO and A2b together yet in a build?
Yes, Tac Initiative is king. It places the applicable Tac abilities at their horizontal cooldown. PO and Aux2Batt don't improve them after that. Mmm... attack patterns might be helped by a couple of seconds, have to check, but not enough to pop PO and TI together.

My version of Ludicrous Speed would look something like:

Pop every boff ability except Aux2Batt and PO.
PO
Double stack everything that comes back up.
Aux2Batt.
APO, GDF, double tap BO with a wep battery
Tac Init.
Double stack.
Double tap BO with Aux2Batt.
15 seconds later PO is back up. The next cycle will have a full minute with no PO or TI.

The trick is not shorting your TSS, HE, PH, etc, and rotating EPTS properly with Aux2Batt. When it goes wrong you've got everything on cooldown with only boosted shield and engine power to keep you alive.
Career Officer
# 23
07-26-2012, 10:33 AM
Inspired by this tread, I did the following for the bortas command:

8 borg mk xii disruptors (for now), 4 tac consoles

tac3: TT1, APB, FAW3
tac2: FAW1, APD

sci1: PH
eng4: EPTS1, aux2bat, EPTS3, aux2sif3
sci2: HE, TSS

boffs: 3 purple techies, 2 hamlets for TT cooldown.

pve mostly, with the intention to pvp at some point.

FAW3, APB, aux2bat - offensive stance

EPTS1,3 + FAW1,3 + APD defensive stance.

Wondered if mighty pvp players could enlighten me in the error of my ways...
STF Elite Advanced Tactics
Captain
# 24
07-26-2012, 10:55 AM
I've been wondering, since I run it in my Kar'fi with only Lt. Eng slot, does Aux2Batt trigger shared with Aux2Sif? If so that's kind of jive since it shares with EPTx already.

Anyway, I would say you only need FAW3 and one EPTS. That's the purpose of the cd investment.

I posted my entire Aux2Batt carrier build but the forum ate half of the post and I never really cleaned it up but it's got some numbers on Aux2Batt and PO.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=309231
Empire Veteran
# 25
07-26-2012, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redricky View Post
I've been wondering, since I run it in my Kar'fi with only Lt. Eng slot, does Aux2Batt trigger shared with Aux2Sif? If so that's kind of jive since it shares with EPTx already.

Anyway, I would say you only need FAW3 and one EPTS. That's the purpose of the cd investment.

I posted my entire Aux2Batt carrier build but the forum ate half of the post and I never really cleaned it up but it's got some numbers on Aux2Batt and PO.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=309231
A2batt triggers with the Emergency Power to Subsystem X abilities. It will not trigger A2Sif, unless the changed it in the last patch.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 26
07-26-2012, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcde123123 View Post
Inspired by this tread, I did the following for the bortas command:

8 borg mk xii disruptors (for now), 4 tac consoles

tac3: TT1, APB, FAW3
tac2: FAW1, APD

sci1: PH
eng4: EPTS1, aux2bat, EPTS3, aux2sif3
sci2: HE, TSS

boffs: 3 purple techies, 2 hamlets for TT cooldown.

pve mostly, with the intention to pvp at some point.

FAW3, APB, aux2bat - offensive stance

EPTS1,3 + FAW1,3 + APD defensive stance.

Wondered if mighty pvp players could enlighten me in the error of my ways...
You have one to many EPTS... aux to bat with one copy is a perfect roll... 2 copies will mean one goes to waste... so either throw in a Engi Team 1 for when you need it or dump EPTS 3.... DEM is always evil just saying.

You may also want to consider switching that faw 1 out as you don't really want to use that and push the global on your faw 3 back.... I would suggest something like Target Engines 1 for PvP, a nice extra skill you don't have to rotate but can be handy if the situation calls.
Career Officer
# 27
07-27-2012, 02:24 AM
Think of the kittens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
Career Officer
# 28
07-27-2012, 03:18 AM
kittens' gotta die, bortas have to live. tis da klingon battle cruiser after all

Thanks for suggestions, I think I really need to drop the second epts for something else. DEM sounds nice, gonna try it for what it's worth.

The reason I don't wanna put ET in cause it will interfere with TT and I don't really want it. Aux2SIF is great and fast heal and usually enough. But then again, two doffs for a single TT is too high a price. Possibly I'll swap BO -> TT and add 1 evasive and 1 shield distro instead, or possibly shield distro and one hazard.

But the main problems I see that: when under heavy fire for long period of time I'll be out of epts for about 10 seconds, and I have to be extremely precise with timings on epts and aux2bat. And aux2bat leaves me with now aux and all the heals I got are aux based.

is PO any good at all?
STF Elite Advanced Tactics
Captain
# 29
07-27-2012, 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcde123123 View Post
kittens' gotta die, bortas have to live. tis da klingon battle cruiser after all

Thanks for suggestions, I think I really need to drop the second epts for something else. DEM sounds nice, gonna try it for what it's worth.

The reason I don't wanna put ET in cause it will interfere with TT and I don't really want it. Aux2SIF is great and fast heal and usually enough. But then again, two doffs for a single TT is too high a price. Possibly I'll swap BO -> TT and add 1 evasive and 1 shield distro instead, or possibly shield distro and one hazard.

But the main problems I see that: when under heavy fire for long period of time I'll be out of epts for about 10 seconds, and I have to be extremely precise with timings on epts and aux2bat. And aux2bat leaves me with now aux and all the heals I got are aux based.

is PO any good at all?
If you have 3 tech doffs... EPTS will be down for exactly 1 second... I think you are covered there. Remember the point is Aux to Bat reduces cool downs (including its own) really one EPTS is up almost 100% with 3 purple tech doffs. Which is why I say you don't need 2 copies. EPTS 1 I find good enough... however I always have friends with heals as a back up... so perhaps you want to stick with 3... Engi team is not something you have to be popping every time its up... but its nice to have it to clear nasty VMs and such more then anything.

Aux to Bat requires you to pre plan a bit... I normaly fire off my Aux Powered heals before I aux to bat... giving me a nice protection during my zero aux 10 seconds... and it overcaps my weapon power... for things like DEM.