Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System
Login

Ensign
Hey, I have a question for those better informed than I.
When I go to reassign underperforming duty officers at SFA, I had no trouble unloading 5 bound officers (with the little padlock icons) in exchange for an Uncommon duty officer. It made sense for this to work since you can't post 'em on the exchange and the only other way to get value for bound DOFFs was the one on one exchange missions.

So now that I have a $@#%load of bound, uncommon DOFF's I tried to unload 5 of them for 1 Rare DOFF at SFA and it won't acknowledge any of my Bound DOFF's as eligible for the mission.

So the question is, which is broken? Was the Common exchange mission busted in that it allowed Bound DOFF's to be traded in, or is the Uncommon exchange broken because it won't take bound DOFF's for trade in. It seems to me the later is more likely, as I can apparently assign my bound Rare DOFF's for the Very Rare exchange although I haven't tried it yet.

If Uncommon exchange is broken, has it been like this for a while and is there any indication it will b fixed?
Commander
# 2
06-28-2012, 12:08 PM
You can't use doffs you got from ferra in the doff grinder. If they're bound because you put them on active duty then you can grind them just fine, but if they're bound because you got them from ferra (check the doff's info - if it has a quote, it's probably from ferra) then you either have to dismiss them or send them on an officer exchange to get rid of them.
Ensign
# 3
06-28-2012, 12:16 PM
Okay, well that might explain it, becuse every single one of my UC DOFF's that have the little bound/lock logo all have quotes, and I know a few were from Ferra. Thanks! Any information ever found as to why they set it up that way?
Commander
# 4
06-28-2012, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macsalle View Post
Any information ever found as to why they set it up that way?
Pure, simple logic:
Buy 5 UC/Rares, exchange for 1 (very) Rare
->at cheaper price

Do 500 times (there are people crazy or rich enough who would do that) to increase chances for super duper rares.

So better don't allow it, simple.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-28-2012, 12:48 PM
paying dilithium, as you do for Ferra's doffs, is not a cheaper price.
Having trouble with ground STFs? Looking for help?

Join the STFHelp channel
Commander
# 6
06-28-2012, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macsalle View Post
Okay, well that might explain it, becuse every single one of my UC DOFF's that have the little bound/lock logo all have quotes, and I know a few were from Ferra. Thanks! Any information ever found as to why they set it up that way?
When the doff grinders first went in Heretic mentioned that they were set up that way to avoid some sort of exploit, but didn't specify what it was.
Rihannsu
# 7
06-28-2012, 06:26 PM
Ferra's tier 1 doffs are relatively cheap.
Ensign
Hello, apologies for necroing this thread. It won't let me create a new one, and is on-topic.

I have a Fed Rom, trying to do the Reassign Underperfoming - Common mission. I have 5 white/common locked DOffs I listed for this.

Several of them work (eg. Livona, Energy Weaps), but two of them I can't get to show up as assignable to this mission: Galin, Projectile Weapons, and Gaian, Security Officer.

To the best of my knowledge, they were part of my original Romulan officer allotment. No 'quotes' from any personnel officer, checked that yes, they are common not uncommon, etc.

Is this a bug in the Romulan Fed version of the mission, or am I missing something obvious?

TY for your patience,

Force
Rihannsu
# 9
10-11-2013, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forcemajeure View Post
Hello, apologies for necroing this thread. It won't let me create a new one, and is on-topic.

I have a Fed Rom, trying to do the Reassign Underperfoming - Common mission. I have 5 white/common locked DOffs I listed for this.

Several of them work (eg. Livona, Energy Weaps), but two of them I can't get to show up as assignable to this mission: Galin, Projectile Weapons, and Gaian, Security Officer.

To the best of my knowledge, they were part of my original Romulan officer allotment. No 'quotes' from any personnel officer, checked that yes, they are common not uncommon, etc.

Is this a bug in the Romulan Fed version of the mission, or am I missing something obvious?

TY for your patience,

Force
are they on active duty? you can't dump active doffs into the compactor.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!
Captain
# 10
10-11-2013, 01:08 PM
Or you could use those bound DOFFs to pay for fleet projects. That is how I got rid of mine (and sent them on either officer exchange or extreme hazard missions).