Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Starfleet Veteran
# 21
06-30-2012, 11:59 AM
Great post! This guy deserves some kinda commendation devs Like a candy floss duty officer or something kool to that effect for all the PVP community help. As well as the others who contributed... saved me hours on the maths!
Banned
# 22
06-30-2012, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sboslayer View Post
Great post! This guy deserves some kinda commendation devs Like a candy floss duty officer or something kool to that effect for all the PVP community help. As well as the others who contributed... saved me hours on the maths!
I could use 2 purple development lab scientists.... just throwin that out there for any devs that feel generous.
Career Officer
# 23
07-01-2012, 03:30 AM
Equip Mark I Regenertive Shields, High Yield Torpedo 2 and 1 Tri-Cobalt. . Queue for Elite Infected . Explode 3 times at the first cube. Destroy the first Nanite Generator thingy.

Mustrum "What - that's clearly player vs player" Ridcully
Empire Veteran
# 24
07-01-2012, 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustrumridcully0 View Post
Equip Mark I Regenertive Shields, High Yield Torpedo 2 and 1 Tri-Cobalt. . Queue for Elite Infected . Explode 3 times at the first cube. Destroy the first Nanite Generator thingy.

i guess the op didn't specify the enemy team
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Starfleet Veteran
# 25
07-01-2012, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustrumridcully0 View Post

You sank my battleship...
Banned
# 26
07-01-2012, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stellardrift View Post
Tac/Recon Sci checking in. I expect to get a lot of flak for this one since it's not a damage-dealer even though it's a tac captain in the ship, but I've done stupid amounts of healing in it. Yep...healer tac.

The purpose of this ship is to do whatever support is needed.

Weapons: Polarons. Purple quality, best you can find with at least one accuracy modifier.

I might move to disruptor or AP soon since these are hold overs from an attempt at an energy drain build. Always changing this ship around.

Deflector, engines, and shields are Jem'Hadar set. Working on getting the rest of the MACO set, but this combination works for me, and I get added stealth detection bonus at high aux, which is great for team play.

Consoles: Hull armor of some type. One to boost resist to phaser/disruptor, another to boost resists of AP in particular. Take your pick.

Science consoles: Field Emitter, Shield Emitter, Graviton Generator, and Particle Generator.

Tac Consoles: Polaron Phase Modulator, Borgie, Theta Radiation (this one is just an experiment and is sometime swapped for a second Polaron Phase Modulator).

Bridge officers:

Sci: TRB1, ES1, TSS3, GW3.
Swapped with: TRB1, FBP1, PSW1, TR3
Swapped with: PH1, ST2, HE3, PO3
Swapped with: JS1, TRBR 1, TRB3, VM3
Swapped with: TSS1, FBP1, SS2, GW3
Swapped with: TRB1, FBP1, GW1, PSW3

These are all interchangeable between LtCmdr, though I usually prefer to have HE3 available.

LtEng: EPTS1, Aux2SIF1
or EPTS1 and EPTS2

Lt Tac: BO1, HYT2
Swapped with: FAW, APB
Ens Tac: TT1

Yeah, I know the consensus is ES isn't all that great, but I do get a nice power boost from it, and it can come in handy when I am having to go on offense while healing.
As long as you go with the MK X Ap weapons that have Acc CrtH CrtD you should be fine. Otherwise you'll miss too much or not have good modifiers with AP. So either go AP, or Disruptor. I lean more on Disruptor as it's proc will boost the toys I'm listing below.

Set: Go Borg, and one Maco shield.

Consoles: Ditch your eng consoles. Move your Borg and Theta Vent here. You need all the dmg you can get as a tac.

Sci: 2 Particle Generators at least. You're a tac. This means you need Damage. You won't have to heal people as much if you're actually capable of bloody murder.

Tac: 3 Energy Type.

Tractor Beam1, Good Energy Siphon1... BAD *points to OP* the drain is negligible as is the energy boost you gain from this skill. Put Hazard2 here. Transfer Shield Strength 3. Ok. Not the best choice for a tac but Ok. Grav Well 3. Long as you go double particle generator Good.

Put PSW3 on an alternate boff, and just watch the hilarity ensue, when you need more burst dps. (which will come up fairly frequently as far as needs go)

LT Cmdr: Polarize Hull is pretty much mandatory for tac scis on several levels. One the dmg resist is awesome. 2 keeps you from being locked down as easily and relegated to happy harmless land. Transfer Shield Strength 2, is great as a second shield heal. I heartily recommend it. Finally, Tractor Beam Repulsors 2, or Feed Back Pulse 2. You want these. the sheer damage they can do for a tac, let alone the crowd control aspect (remember more murder and more zone denial means less healing required!)

Alternate Boff, go PH1, TSS2, and Viral Matrix 1. Shutting people down again means less healing required. Leave the raw healing to the cruisers. Non Nebula/Dkyr or Intrepid sci just don't do healing that well (and only the former two can pull of Main Healer at all) Recons don't. Especially Tac Recons.

Eng. EPTS1 and 2 Always as a tac. You need shield power and shield tanking to survive real pvp.

Tac: Tac Team, and FAW2.. Alternate Tac Team, Attack Pattern Delta/Beta1
with Tac Team.
Recon Tacs NEED tac team to survive. You need 2 of them. This also gives you the option to throw your tac team to allies if they get sub nucced. Which will keep their shields going longer (especially if you throw TSS2 or 3 with it) which means with more shields dramatically less healing is required.

This layout will cut down on all of your alternate boff choices, considerably as it does a decent job of healing and raw CC potential.
Career Officer
# 27
07-01-2012, 09:10 AM
Here's a sci build I've been playing around with. Seems to be effective in PVP.

DSSV
Eng- EPTS1-
Eng- EPTS1- RSP1
Sci- HE1- TSS2- FBP2- GW3
Sci- TB1- ST2- TBR2
Tac- TT1- TS2-

Weapons:
Fore: Spiral Wave Disruptor, Chroniton Torp, Transphasic Torp
Aft: Chroniton Torp, Transphasic Torp, Transphasic Mine

Consoles:
Eng: Ablative Armor, Graviton Pulse Generator, Borg
Sci: 3x Graviton Generator, Field Generator
Tac: AMS, Theta

Doffs:
2x SDO, Gravimetric, 2x Developmental Lab Scientists

It's super cheesy but really does a good job controlling the environment.
Banned
# 28
07-04-2012, 10:42 PM
The only thing I would change on this would be to move GW3 out for a Viral Matrix 3, but other than that, that's a very good solid DSSV there clint. I"m glad you finally found a sci ship you are comfortable with
Starfleet Veteran
# 29
07-04-2012, 11:12 PM
A few nights ago I decided to revamp a sci tooon and put her back into a LRSV-R. I dont normally play them very often so my gear/doffs are very light but I made do. My subsquent test matches in the queues afterward, was able to pull out roughly 500k in damage and healing, sitting in arena matches vs feds and kdf.

LRSV-R
Deflector: Borg
Engine: Borg
Shield: Omega Mk 10

Devices: Field Modulator, Aux batts, Wep Batts
Eng consoles: Abaltive Gen, Borg Consle, Point Defense System
Sci consoles: Particle Gen mk 11, Sield Emitter mk 11, Field Gen mk 11(x2)
Tac Consoles: Photon Det. Assemble mk 10(x2)

Fore Weps: 2 Photon Torpedoes mx 10 (acc x2, dmg) Dual Phaser Beam Bank mk 11 (acc2, dmg)
Aft Weps: 2 Phaser Beam Array mk 11 (acc), Photon Torpedo mk 10 (acc2,dmg)

Power levels: 44/25, 95/80, 73/50, 84/45

Tac: Torp Spread 1, Torp Hi Yield 2
Eng: Epts1,epts2
Sci: Sci Team 1x2, HE1, TSS2x2, VM1, TBR2, GW3

Doffs: Blue SDO, Green systems Engineer, Excomp, Blue Sensors Officer, Green Gravimetric

I didnt use Tac Team because I wanted to see what I can do without usin it and manually distributing shields. I can happily attest that it took 4 ships to paste this ship, due to support from my team and my own abilities. I had folx gunning for it every time they respawned.

this toon is not even specced into projectile weps or its specialization. Im toying with buying a respec token to correct that. It was down right...fun to play.

Cheers!
Banned
# 30 Healing Nebula
07-04-2012, 11:28 PM
This ship is built around being a good Break In ship for guys used to flying Cruisers. It's very user friendly for engineer captains, or sci captains who are used to the cruiser experience. Which makes the nebula a very good choice for those players. It can also be built a great deal more aggressively but I will cover those builds in a subsequent post.

The Spec: http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...d=HealbotNeb_0

Deflector: Borg
Engine: Borg
Shield: Maco

Weapons. I recommend either 3 photon torps, or 2 Chroniton, or 2 plasma torps. Depending on the doffs you want to go with. preferably Acc CrtHX2s in any case.

Aft: 2 Chroniton Mine launchers, 1 beam array energy type anything but plasma or antiproton.

Power Levels: /25 weapons /75 shields /25 engine /75 aux.

The Skills: Cmdr Sci. Grav well 3/PSW3, Sci Team 3, Transfer Shield Strength2, Hazard 1
Lt Cmdr: ASIF2, EPTS2, EPTS1
Lt Tac: Tac Team, Attack Pattern Delta1
Ens Sci: Tractor Beam
Lt Universal: EPTA1 (emergency power to aux 1), Extend Shields 1. Alternate: Sci, Tractor Beam1, Transfer Shield strength2

Consoles:
Engineering: 2 SIF Generators, Neutronium Armor
Science: 2 Field Generators, 2 Graviton Generators, or 2 Emitter Array Consoles. (boosts your shield healing by ridiculous levels)
Tactical: Borg, and Torp Console of your choice.

Doffs: There are a couple of different doff layouts for this thing. 2 Purple Dev Lab scientists go in all of them to get ST3 into it's global. (can also use 2 greens and a blue for this, or 2 blues to get you started if you want 3 other doff slots) Next up, is the aftershock GW doff if you decide to use grav well 3. After that 2 Shield Distribution officers (as good as you can get)

Doff #2. 2 Purple Dev lab scientists, 1 shield distribution doff, 2 Purple Torpedo Doffs.
Doffy 3 2 purple dev labs, 3 purple torpedo officers.

Last edited by mavairo; 07-06-2012 at 07:58 AM.