Career Officer
# 1 ***caitians***
09-23-2013, 09:40 AM
Some of you may know of me, and my dedication to a single race in this game. Caitians! This is a thread setup specifically for Cat fans, whether your a Caitian or a Ferisan, speak your mind here about anything related to the best race in the game!

To start with aside from a fully unique look, Cats can have pounce, a great advantage against the Borg. Especially if you use a melee weapon or can pull off a good combo with your rifle as a followup. The jump seems to be less then before, but still allows you to get into more places then the other races, I have more fun then people :3 (Bugs Quote)

How many Cats are out there playing the game, I wonder?
=^.^=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NceKNXkeKhU

Every episode of TNG if written by STO_How Picard dealt with ARC
Career Officer
# 2
09-23-2013, 09:57 AM
The ability to sleep anywhere.

"It's been a hard day. 6 hours of STO is enough..."

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...ps545f6a97.jpg
Plaque by Voporak
I love nice long walks in the country.
Especially if they're taken by people who annoy me!
Career Officer
# 3
09-23-2013, 10:01 AM
I don't play as a cat, but I'm making a STO video at the moment and I wanted a guest captain for a ship that features very heavily in it. I decided to go with a Caitian because they are just so unique looking and I hadn't used one in any of my previous videos.

I have to say, the Cat looks really good in the captains chair with a gravitas that transfers really well to video. He really has a great screen presence. He looks so good that I am considering killing off my current captain in the videos to make way for a Caitian!

I noticed there were quite a lot more options for them than what I remember when I first played the game, so you can really play around with a look of your own. I certainly rank Caitians up there with the Gorn in STO for being a really great looking species that I wished we had seen more of in the shows and movies.
Career Officer
# 4
09-23-2013, 10:24 AM
Luckily im one step ahead of the game =^.^=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksiRqrmXrjw

This is my TOS lolcat, James T Cat and his ship the USS Kittyprize, you can find this ships build on the academy list too for build submissions!

Captain
# 5
09-23-2013, 10:37 AM

all your base are belong to us

# 6
09-23-2013, 10:57 AM
I would like a special emote for caitiants to make the "mew" sound ! I mean why not?

Last edited by robyvision; 09-23-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 7
09-23-2013, 11:13 AM
*Roars* This big black cat dame is chiming in.

The Jump is one of the best parts. I miss it so much when I am on any other character. You can really cheat in Starbase Incursion with it. Also, it demands that you figure out all the places you can possibly reach with it LOL.

The pounce seems to have had an animation upgrade. I now see my BOFF's literally leaping a bit instead of just running which is nice.

Seriously though, people ALWAYS stop and look over a Caitain/Ferasan lady. Do not see them do that with any other sort so reliably. It just goes to prove that either they have Toxoplasma gondii or everyone can just tell sexy when they see it.
Career Officer
# 8
09-23-2013, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robyvision View Post
I would like a special emote for caitiants to make the "mew" sound ! I mean why not?
Cryptic already has a meowing emote, its for champions online. Its called "lick paw", they lick their paw and rub their ear then a meow sound plays. :3

im still waiting for a cat hug emote, using the animation from the teddybear hug emoticon on skype chat.

Career Officer
# 9
09-23-2013, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasukurobi View Post
*Roars* This big black cat dame is chiming in.

The Jump is one of the best parts. I miss it so much when I am on any other character. You can really cheat in Starbase Incursion with it. Also, it demands that you figure out all the places you can possibly reach with it LOL.

The pounce seems to have had an animation upgrade. I now see my BOFF's literally leaping a bit instead of just running which is nice.

Seriously though, people ALWAYS stop and look over a Caitain/Ferasan lady. Do not see them do that with any other sort so reliably. It just goes to prove that either they have Toxoplasma gondii or everyone can just tell sexy when they see it.
Thats how i was able to reach that prize box in incusion, all the way to the left of the warehouse you will see one on top of the boxes...but its not interactive =T.T= Kittiana Jones didnt come home with an artifact that time! =U.U=

Captain
# 10
09-23-2013, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catstarsto View Post
How many Cats are out there playing the game, I wonder?=^.^=[/color]
Well, we've got a channel called CatPhone, with currently 244 cats on it, so I want to say... a LOT of cats. =^.^=

See here.
And here.
And also here.