Lt. Commander
# 21
06-30-2012, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrgeom View Post
i really hate it, seems like a waste of development time and resources personally. there is far nicer ships and more important things that need the love. i really don't think the vesta is soo awesome looking that it should come out before new pvp, new pve, new exploration just to mention a few. beauty is in the eye of the beholder and this is a very marmite ship and i think its fugly! why not at least pick a ship everyone wants. personally i would love a decent odyssey reskin. love idea of the odyssey but cant stand its nacelles and neck. so in summary vesta is FUGLY!!!!
In. Your. Opinion. Just as, in my opinion, the Odyssey is the best looking Enterprise of them all, and I can't wait until its 2409 aesthetic is applied to as many ships as possible.

And just for fun, pray tell; what ship does everyone want?
--------------
We are PWE. Your forums and game accounts will be added to our own. Your community will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
Career Officer
# 22
06-30-2012, 08:12 PM
Every time I see Vesta, I think Vespa. I can't get excited over a scooter class.
Career Officer
# 23
07-01-2012, 12:48 PM
I could fill submit a list of ships that I didn't want to see that came to be because EVERYONE wanted them. I know that I do want this one for my fed science officer.

Aesthetically it has nice clean lines. It's not so arrowhead and cluttered that a real saucer isn't visible on casual inspection. The hard lines aren't murdering the curves.

Please let it be a real science vessel not a ship that lets some pasty tac o do science tricks without any of the dedication to scientific disciplines (me wantz rulativitty wif ma Pew! Pew! Pew!)
Career Officer
# 24
07-01-2012, 01:06 PM
It's a graceless, formless lump with nacelles haphazardly bolted onto it and it should never have come into existence.

I'm really hoping it doesn't become the tac-slanted Sci ship we've been needing since it's ugly as sin and I'll never touch it. I was kind hoping for something less awful. But I guess beggars can't be choosers. And who knows, maybe it'll be less ugly in full 3D and in motion, like the Excelsior (and don't lie; the Excel is a bricky flying bathtub in stills, but in motion she's a sexy beast, emphasis on beast).
Starfleet Veteran
# 25
07-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
and don't lie
why would fans of the excelsior be lying if they liked it

everyones entitled to their own opinion
even if you DONT like the vesta , and fair play , theres a few that dont , marmite ship is a very good description , the fleet luna class will have an enhanced tactical function , so why not just use that ?

fleet luna atm http://www.flickr.com/photos/r-et/74...n/photostream/
12th Fleet
Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016

Last edited by rrincy; 07-01-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Career Officer
# 26
07-01-2012, 01:11 PM
my point is that the devs used to make these ships could be used on other projects that make the game better for everyone rather than just the usual new ship hype. as for if i did want to see a ship what would it be. well a sovereign refit, ambassador, luna refit, nova refit, miranda refit just to mention a few would far exceed the vespa oh i mean vesta class
Long Live The Empire!
Starfleet Veteran
# 27
07-01-2012, 01:15 PM
all those ships you mentioned bar the miranda and ambassador already have fleet versions of them coming, and will most likely see c-store versions anyway , i dont see how its a big deal

besides , why on earth would you have a ship designer .. not desgining ships ? some of the skills needed will be highly speciallised , and theres no guarentee a ship designer will be as capable in his role as say , doing enviroments , game coding etc
12th Fleet
Career Officer
# 28
07-01-2012, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrincy View Post
the fleet luna class will have an enhanced tactical function , so why not just use that ?
Simple. Because it doesn't have a Lt. Cmdr Tac slot. That's what I want, and the Luna, while a rather pretty ship and fun enough to fly, simply doesn't have what I'm after.
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-01-2012, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrgeom View Post
my point is that the devs used to make these ships could be used on other projects that make the game better for everyone rather than just the usual new ship hype. as for if i did want to see a ship what would it be. well a sovereign refit, ambassador, luna refit, nova refit, miranda refit just to mention a few would far exceed the vespa oh i mean vesta class
Such as....? No really, what are Cryptics ship artists going to do on other projects? You can't just take one of the art guys, sit him in front of a .txt file and a compiler, and say "code".

Sovereign refit is already in the works, Al even says in this same damn interview that he's seen concept work on it; the Luna doesn't need a refit, and it's hardly the most popular ship; the Nova's already had a refit, the Rhode Island; the Miranda? Really?

Again though, you are giving us your -opinion-, I asked you to state which ship they could work on that EVERYONE would like, which was what you said. I asked you that in the hope you would recognise that -there is no such thing- and that any judgements in this area are subjective, but apparently that's asking a bit much
--------------
We are PWE. Your forums and game accounts will be added to our own. Your community will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
Starfleet Veteran
# 30
07-01-2012, 01:22 PM
theres no guarentee the vesta will even have that either to be honest , id love it if it did though. rademaker has made a low res 'in flight' movie of the ship , if that'll give you an estimation of how it looks moving

https://picasaweb.google.com/Clawham...49639950308322
12th Fleet