Empire Veteran
# 11
06-30-2012, 03:23 AM
I also think the prices in the Lobi Store are insanely high, 800 Lobi for the entire Ferengi set, I can't see anyone really able to get that. I currently have about 280 on one character and have decided to leave it and wait till if it become bound to account and so one can send it to another character. I'd really like the shuttle but again 800, no way I could get that, not at the prices they are asking and with this economy, something Cryptic and PWE have not factored in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
06-30-2012, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundrelic View Post
Lobi and Dilithium should be account bound.

My fed character had a ****ton of Dilithium by the time I finally got around to starting a KDF character, would have been nice to be able to transfer some of my Dilithium so I could get a better ship.
you can trade dil to your other chars. put it up on the exchange for like 500 per C-point, or any number that its not being sold at. IE minimum or maximum. then immediately stop the bid, then switch t your KDF char and withdraw it from the exchange.
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
06-30-2012, 05:14 PM
Thankfully the Ferengi set is 600 lobi, not 800, but it's still expensive.

No response, devs? Has a caitian got your tongue?
Empire Veteran
# 14
06-30-2012, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
In STO there are 5 currencies. Yes, that might seem to be a lot, but apart from gold pressed latinum I can see their purpose and their need to exist in our game. My take on the currencies are...

EC - If I need to flesh this out then you shouldn't be playing.
C-Points (CP) - To me I see C-Points as being real money. You essentially are paying real money to obtain objects that are more powerful than the average stock item.
Gold Pressed Latinum (GPL) - Pretty useless at the moment, but I've read that the GPL store will be buffed out soon.
Dilithium - (DIL) - I can see the need for DIL and its strict control as it's used in the crafting of more powerful objects (although the crafting system does need an update), but more importantly it's the only in game currency that can be traded for CP. Not controlling it would result in abuse.
Lobi (LOB) - Used to purchase unique items that PWE feel a) are a little too powerful to place in other currency stores, b) should be a little rarer than the average C-Store item, and c) they can make money on. (I don't begrudge PWE wanting to make profit. If they don't make profit, STO ceases to be.)

So far we can transfer EC to other toons. CP is account global. GPL and DIL are grinding currencies and I can understand grinding currencies being bound to a character because they're rewards for that particular character's effort.

What confuses me is LOB being bound to a character. The only way LOB can be obtained is via the purchase of lockbox keys. Lockbox keys are purchased with CP, therefore LOB is, for all intents and purposes, a real world currency. (Before anyone responds by saying that you can buy keys off the exchange, the original seller of those keys had to pay real money for them.)

I can certainly understand the rationale behind not being able to trade LOB to other players. That would be akin to trading real money, which I'm sure would be illegal and would result in me quitting the game immediately. I'd be confident in saying that I probably wouldn't be the only one.

Why should LOB, a currency based on real money, be character bound when CP are not? The keys can be transferred between toons, the lockboxes can be traded between toons, why not the currency? Yes, bind on pickup the items that these currencies purchase, but really, unlock the LOB so each toon can use it.

Right now I'm in the predicament of having a D'Kora that I wish to give to a new character (which was created after I purchased more toon slots. That's profit for you, PWE), but that character has no LOB so I can't get the Ferengi weapon set. I'm not prepared to buy more LOB with real money (that is what you do, after all) so I'm left with the option of using the D'Kora on another character that I don't really want to or not using the D'Kora at all. Both of these options diminish the gaming experience, and this is after I've already paid PWE real money for the LOB I already have. I'm sure that there are other situations that may exist where someone has LOB bound to one character and they wish to create a new toon but aren't prepared to buy more LOB.

PWE, please make LOB account bound. By leaving it character bound you're making it harder for people who are prepared to pay money to keep you in business. From a business perspective, these are the people you need to keep happy.

I really feel that someone from PWE should respond to this as this is a serious and legitimate question involving real money. Money that keeps PWE in business. I didn't just whinge, I laid out a rational thought process, and from conversation in-game, I know I'm not the only person who feels this way. Please, PWE, respect our thoughts and provide a response.
BAD idea. This is why:

Make a new toon, do the mission that gets you one Lobi, transfer Lobi. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. All this = Easy Exploit.

Definitely wouldn't work.

The only thing I want bound to account is anything from STFs, which of course can't be exploited on.
# 15
06-30-2012, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirepical View Post
BAD idea. This is why:

Make a new toon, do the mission that gets you one Lobi, transfer Lobi. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. All this = Easy Exploit.

The only thing I want bound to account is anything from STFs, which of course can't be exploited on.
Because people are going to sit there to recreate characters to get a single lobi...
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
06-30-2012, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirepical View Post
BAD idea. This is why:

That would involve you creating a character, leveling them up to the mission that gives you the free lobi and then doing that mission. If you wanted the full Ferengi set, well, you'd have to do that 600 times.

That is NOT an easy exploit. Not by any stretch of the imagination.
Empire Veteran
# 17
07-01-2012, 06:51 PM
Quote:
That would involve you creating a character, leveling them up to the mission that gives you the free lobi and then doing that mission. If you wanted the full Ferengi set, well, you'd have to do that 600 times.

That is NOT an easy exploit. Not by any stretch of the imagination.
Nevertheless, it's free, so someone would do it. On the KDF side it wouldn't take very long either. If they remove that mission altogether though, the idea would be fine.
# 18
07-01-2012, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Wow, no official response from PWE. I know you guys read the forums as I've been responding to a thread where another dev has been posting in.

This topic relates to us spending real money which is essentially company profits. A reply would be polite.
And you are surprised by this? Thought a lifer would know better than to expect a response by now...
Captain
# 19
07-01-2012, 07:04 PM
+1to this, lobi cristals should be account bound
John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)