Starfleet Veteran
# 11
06-30-2012, 02:38 AM
I guess i'll be the first one to say...this blows about the connie. Most Iconic ship in Star Trek is getting shat all over. This is a huge stinking pile of cow dung!!!
STOP THE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
We planned on doing it next weekend, but then we saw your post and were like, "Dude, we should totally move that up a week! Tee Hee!"
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
06-30-2012, 02:43 AM
I can't wait to get my hands on that heavy tactical Sovereign! The 180 degree quantum launchers would be sweet!
Lt. Commander
# 13 wha?!?
06-30-2012, 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog0000doom View Post
nice the kdf get screwed again i only play kdf and have all but kdf ships.

make more ships i will buy them!

make it so players have to start with kdf then the ship sales on kdf will sky rocket.

make it so fed start at lvl 20 take away some of fed missions.

im so anoyed that its not bang for buck to make kdf ships etc....

you cant favor one side and then say its more bang for buck to make fed ships.
ok, I can tell you really did not listen to the podcast. Please go back, pay attention where they talk about the the new T5 refits and Fleet Refits of the T2 and T3 klingon ships that were done, along with refit/fleet refits for the t3 and t4 ships, including a new t5 fleet refit carrier.

That is the T5 k'ting and other ships that are going to be released as T5 variants! WITH extra DEVICE slots.

How on earth could you listen to that entire podcast for 1 hour and 32 minutes and NOT hear were they talked about nothing BUT klingon ships for 16 minutes?!?

Now, will they make more ships for the klink vs the feds in the future? no, THAT is what they stated, simply because of the demographic. Like that or not, they will put effort into where the money is. HECK that is something we have known for months now, its old news...

My wife is and her girlfriends who are carrier pilots are just freaking giddy knowing the Klingon side is getting a Refit T5 orion carrier with an extra console slot. The feds are not getting a refit fleet carrier of equal capacity.

Needless to say listening to all of this it is a great thing and I like how they are doing this and tying it into the fleet system for the star bases.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-30-2012, 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam062307 View Post
I guess i'll be the first one to say...this blows about the connie. Most Iconic ship in Star Trek is getting shat all over. This is a huge stinking pile of cow dung!!!
it is all politics. the boss, CBS said no.

Pretty much that is the end of the discussion, and they are not budging over it.
Career Officer
# 15
06-30-2012, 03:19 AM
Dear Dev's,

When Al said any ship with a console will be available at fleet bases. So does that mean i can have my T5 NX class as it has a grappling hook console?

Cheers
Captain
# 16
06-30-2012, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by locutusx5 View Post
Dear Dev's,

When Al said any ship with a console will be available at fleet bases. So does that mean i can have my T5 NX class as it has a grappling hook console?

Cheers
If you had listened to the podcast,you would know there is NO TIER ONE SHIPS.
Career Officer
# 17
06-30-2012, 04:46 AM
wow.... my brain is melting 90 minutes ship talk... wow

the one thing that irks me out is the line from Geko that Fleet ships (the good ones anyway) will require a C-Store purchase for a Requisition Form / *crafting item* ...whatever.

That is basically saying Ships fromt the C-Store are now PER CHARACTER and i am not cool with that at all (i have 10 Characters! i already bought ships that didn't play well with one char but awesome with another, i HATE per character as it is for Slots and Lobi / Lobi Store and stuff, but for Ships it's just a big NO NO!)

Dilithium -> per character is fine
C-Point -> better be Account Wide

please don't break that line of thought by circumventing it with a "crafting" item.

LockBoxes are an (understandable) exception already... but please don't go that route with Fleet Ships!

Of course Geko can't talk pricing other than "it's cheaper"....
yeah that doesn't mean it will be cheap, not at all.
and i bet my harry rear end that they will not even go below 1000

Seriously why not ask Dilithium for that crafting item instead?
Dilithium boils down to the same thing as C-Points but doesn't have an *so obvious* $$$ sign attached to it.
Also the Game really needs a real dilithium sink to counter the constant C-Store releases, those only push the dil exchange rates up and up and up with no counter balance.
And NO Fleetbases will not be it, they are so timegated that it won't matter much on a per day basis.

Also this "Requisition Form" goes against the very thought behind Free 2 Play.

F2P / C-Store always meant, i either have Time to spend OR i have Money to spend.
But this will require Time (building a Fleetbase, having a Fleet to begin with is a time investment that not everybody is willing to make) AND Money -> so people without money (or without the will to spend it) are pretty much OUT and people with not much time but lots of money can't buy their way into it either.

So for this you need Time + Money?
Oh and a fleet that is fair enough to let you earn some Fleetcredit, because the system is designed in a way that it boils down to eBay sniping at Projects to get your *contribution* in.

This all seems very hit and miss to me at the moment, too many ways for the player to not get what he wants.
Captain
# 18
06-30-2012, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
wow.... my brain is melting 90 minutes ship talk... wow

the one thing that irks me out is the line from Geko that Fleet ships (the good ones anyway) will require a C-Store purchase for a Requisition Form / *crafting item* ...whatever.

That is basically saying Ships fromt the C-Store are now PER CHARACTER and i am not cool with that at all (i have 10 Characters! i already bought ships that didn't play well with one char but awesome with another, i HATE per character as it is for Slots and Lobi / Lobi Store and stuff, but for Ships it's just a big NO NO!

No.You will still be able to claim your ships and delete them .If you;d go to tribble server you would see the tier 3 ships for example having their own "high end" pimped version.To get them you will need fleet credits (which are from stuffs you put in your fleet base) and a crafting token from the c store.In the interview he said that token will be cheap .
Career Officer
# 19
06-30-2012, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
No.You will still be able to claim your ships and delete them .If you;d go to tribble server you would see the tier 3 ships for example having their own "high end" pimped version.To get them you will need fleet credits (which are from stuffs you put in your fleet base) and a crafting token from the c store.In the interview he said that token will be cheap .
And what?s the purpose of said token if it?s cheap ?
Only Internet users deal in absolutes !
Survivor of Romulus
# 20
06-30-2012, 05:04 AM
I can't wait to get these new ships but I guess i 'm gonna have to weed out some of my others to make space for the tactical Sovereign.
Q: [quoting Hartley] "Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays..."