Career Officer
# 21
06-30-2012, 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burstdragon323 View Post
If you had listened to the podcast,you would know there is NO TIER ONE SHIPS.
Nope didnt hear that bit. All i heard was any ship with a console will get a T5 variant.

If that's the case of no T1 ships getting a T5 variant that be VERY sucky.

It be cool to have a T5 NX or Oberth. I know the Miranda doesn't have a console but that be sweet as frak to have at T5.

EDIT: Re-listened to podcast for it and heard it and half saddened me. I've always wanted a top level NX class even tho the nx in this game are replica's of old one so in theory they'd have modern tech. But getting a t5 Rhode island will partly cushion my disappointment.

Last edited by locutusx5; 06-30-2012 at 10:23 AM.
Career Officer
# 22
06-30-2012, 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
No.You will still be able to claim your ships and delete them .If you;d go to tribble server you would see the tier 3 ships for example having their own "high end" pimped version.To get them you will need fleet credits (which are from stuffs you put in your fleet base) and a crafting token from the c store.In the interview he said that token will be cheap .
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjunior View Post
And what?s the purpose of said token if it?s cheap ?

No he did NOT say "cheap" he said "cheaper than"
that word doesn't mean what you think it means.

it means Cheaper than whatever is considered the current pricetag (1600 or 2000 CP?) for Tier 5 Ships.

So it can still be 1550 C-Points and still be a correct statement by Geko.

but that would NOT be "cheap".
Ensign
# 23
06-30-2012, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aexrael View Post
Why are there never any transcripts of these podcasts.
Gods yes, podcasts are a horrible way to give information.

More to the point, why do the devs keep revealing info to third parties before just posting them as blogs?
Lieutenant
# 24
06-30-2012, 05:50 AM
all i care from this episode of PO was the fact i can haz a T5 NOVA class. once i heard those words thats all i heard for the rest of the episode
Survivor of Romulus
# 25
06-30-2012, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludagger View Post
ok, I can tell you really did not listen to the podcast. Please go back, pay attention where they talk about the the new T5 refits and Fleet Refits of the T2 and T3 klingon ships that were done, along with refit/fleet refits for the t3 and t4 ships, including a new t5 fleet refit carrier.

That is the T5 k'ting and other ships that are going to be released as T5 variants! WITH extra DEVICE slots.

How on earth could you listen to that entire podcast for 1 hour and 32 minutes and NOT hear were they talked about nothing BUT klingon ships for 16 minutes?!?

Now, will they make more ships for the klink vs the feds in the future? no, THAT is what they stated, simply because of the demographic. Like that or not, they will put effort into where the money is. HECK that is something we have known for months now, its old news...

My wife is and her girlfriends who are carrier pilots are just freaking giddy knowing the Klingon side is getting a Refit T5 orion carrier with an extra console slot. The feds are not getting a refit fleet carrier of equal capacity.

Needless to say listening to all of this it is a great thing and I like how they are doing this and tying it into the fleet system for the star bases.
thats ur opinon mr monsoon

i did listen to whole thing and the few mins they talked about kdf and i stand by my statement that kdf are still getting the short end of the stick covered in poo

Last edited by maddog0000doom; 06-30-2012 at 02:30 PM.
Captain
# 26
06-30-2012, 02:01 PM
Listened to the full supplemental podcast, and one of the things Al said, was that he wants to get the Wells Class ingame and playable by the players.

THAT SHIP DOESN'T EXIST YET! It's a 29th Century design, and unless Starfleet developed some kind of super-hull material, I doubt it's capable of existing for 400+ years. And even then, there is no way to make it canon, AND BALANCED towards 25th Century ships. It's 400 years more advanced.

Honestly, i'm a bit pissed about the whole "Fleet Ships" setup, since they are still avoiding the possibility of letting PLAYERS CRAFT SHIPS. There are a few pre-defined Fleet Ship setups that look pretty good, but overall, the ability to let players craft THEIR OWN SHIPS is one feature that has been requested for a looong time.
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-30-2012, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burstdragon323 View Post
If you had listened to the podcast,you would know there is NO TIER ONE SHIPS.
RIGHT. JUST THE MIRANDA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charon1 View Post
More to the point, why do the devs keep revealing info to third parties before just posting them as blogs?
The same reason why game publishers negotiate Exclusive reveals on Spike TV and Gameinformer magazine, rather than just post them onto their own website first as a press release. Publicity is an I'll-scratch-your-back deal.

It works better for wider distribution. Not everyone hangs around official forums. Community sites are at their best when doing interviews, they get to ask questions and press issues that get ignored on twitter and the forums. They act as a filter to enhance what gets communicated, and the brief communication "blackout" was some cause for concern. No dev blog will be as thorough as someone from the games press being invited into the Cryptic offices. Have you ever *seen* video dev diaries? They're a Sell Sheet.

So why do you care where the information goes? It'll be on the forums and STOwiki within a day.

=/\= Transwarp 10.0 Victory Achieved on 26-July-2012, Six Months After F2P =/\=

Last edited by brackynews; 06-30-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 28
06-30-2012, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
Listened to the full supplemental podcast, and one of the things Al said, was that he wants to get the Wells Class ingame and playable by the players.

THAT SHIP DOESN'T EXIST YET! It's a 29th Century design, and unless Starfleet developed some kind of super-hull material, I doubt it's capable of existing for 400+ years. And even then, there is no way to make it canon, AND BALANCED towards 25th Century ships. It's 400 years more advanced.

Honestly, i'm a bit pissed about the whole "Fleet Ships" setup, since they are still avoiding the possibility of letting PLAYERS CRAFT SHIPS. There are a few pre-defined Fleet Ship setups that look pretty good, but overall, the ability to let players craft THEIR OWN SHIPS is one feature that has been requested for a looong time.
they could make a Replica of the ship (much like the NX), build it as close to specifications as possible with current technology, and call it the Wells Class

it'd be fairly easy, assuming Voyager got accurate scans

And also, a system involving crafting ships is not possible for Cryptic's engine (or at the very least, would take a complete rebuilding from the ground up)
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Captain
# 29
06-30-2012, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
they could make a Replica of the ship (much like the NX), build it as close to specifications as possible with current technology, and call it the Wells Class

it'd be fairly easy, assuming Voyager got accurate scans

And also, a system involving crafting ships is not possible for Cryptic's engine (or at the very least, would take a complete rebuilding from the ground up)
What scans?!?!!

The Wells Class was shown as the starship Relativity, in the episode of the same name. It was only visited by Captain Janeway, and Seven of Nine, neither of which were allowed to conduct "detailed scans" of the ship. In fact, they didn't even venture further than the bridge of the ship while they were there.

A Replica, makes sense when you are re-creating something that ALREADY EXISTED. But since the Wells Class hasn't even been designed yet, how do you make a replica of it? Besides which, both Janeway and Seven were sworn to upheld the "Temporal Prime Directive" and not allowed to reveal any knowledge of the future.
Career Officer
# 30 - Dissapointed in Cryptic -
07-01-2012, 04:00 AM
I was so dissapointed in cryptic & sto to hear, instead of new Fleet ships, we'er getting rehashed ships. Can you not come up with some original idea. This is a star trek game! And your failing at giving it what is deserves The Best !

5 new ship types for the feds, and rehash the Klingon bop,never,bortas for klingons.
Make these ships only payable in fleet actions.because if you don't it will screw up the pre,pvp areas of the game. These Fleet ships should be for fleet defence & fleet support & fleet sto's ONLY!! - OOP