Career Officer
# 41
07-02-2012, 07:56 AM
Thanks for the thread and discussion...

... I am part of a small but growing group of players just getting ready to start our own fleet. Most of us have leveled (50) toons on both KDF and FED. Personally I like playing both sides for their diversity in ships, atmosphere, etc.

However, as we were going to start a KDF fleet, am I wrong to conclude we might be much better served to go with a FED fleet instead?

I does appear most of the LUV is going to the FED side of the equation. Maybe there will be additional, future info which balances out some LUV for the KDF side. I don't know enough about how the Devs favor the release of info toward one faction over the other, but then in the end tend to balance things out.

I have advised all of my mates to review this thread and associated threads before we finalize out fleet choice for Season 6.
Career Officer
# 42
07-02-2012, 10:01 AM
What is going to happen with the lockbox ships?

A tier 6 Amritage (Tier 5 fully upgraded) will out class the Jem'Hadar bug. I really don't want to shelve my bug just to stay competive.
Sollaf: Join date Sep 2009, Lifer. Supporter of Cryptic.
Starfleet Veteran
# 43
07-02-2012, 12:37 PM
There is a catch in Al's interview here that I noticed. He said "No tier 1 ships are included in the mass upgrades. So no Miranda's, Oberth's, NX's and of course Connies."

I doubt it's included in the fleet ships, but I would be remiss if I let this pass: the Constitution-refit (NCC-1701-A) is a Tier 2 ship.

Hey, I can always hope.
Career Officer
# 44
07-02-2012, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capthayden View Post
There is a catch in Al's interview here that I noticed. He said "No tier 1 ships are included in the mass upgrades. So no Miranda's, Oberth's, NX's and of course Connies."

I doubt it's included in the fleet ships, but I would be remiss if I let this pass: the Constitution-refit (NCC-1701-A) is a Tier 2 ship.

Hey, I can always hope.
Tier 5 Exiter.
Sollaf: Join date Sep 2009, Lifer. Supporter of Cryptic.
Empire Veteran
I love the new fleet tier ships and the whole fleet advancement system. I am a little disappointed that the Gorn Ships don't make it in (I use the Varanus Fleet Support) because they look the same? That does seem like a weak reason in my opinion.... lets hope that at least one of them is put in sooner rather than later.
Career Officer
# 46
07-05-2012, 07:17 AM
another **** you from cryptic.

Congrats.
Captain
# 47
07-05-2012, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj011 View Post
like she is the only captain to do that. I swear picard and sisko have done some things they had to break the prime directive.
Kirk for the win. Picard, Sisko, and Janeway are amateurs compared to Kirk. Within the majority of the movies and television shows, Kirk can uphold and break every prime directive within one hour. All the other captains need to take one hour for planning, and then they need another hour for implementation. Kirk does it on impulse.

*shrugs*

Who needs the ready room?

Kirk looks at Bones and Spock, and then they are off to the races.

As for the Priority One update, I am very excited about season six. Even though the majority of the ships are retrofits, the ability to obtain an upgrade beyond tier five is welcomed.

Last edited by linyive; 07-05-2012 at 07:43 AM.
Career Officer
# 48
07-05-2012, 08:20 AM
I've been avoiding joining a fleet, just because I'm not a particularly social gamer and I move semi-frequently, so there are sometimes long stretches when I can't play. But to get the new Fleet ships, I may have to revise that policy.
Ensign
# 49
07-06-2012, 01:26 AM
Ships and Dilithium for Char? Are you crazy??? All ships not are fixed at 100% yet and you change this? Are you serius??? Why this? Only for increase your input of money? Fix the game at 100% and give to it a good balance!!! Look at Blizzard policy!!! Stop make new content and leaving bugged or unbalanced the old contents!!!