Lt. Commander
Dear Community,

first we would like to thank Cryptic Studios and Al Rivera for taking the time, making that interview possible and for answering some of our questions and supporting a foreign-language Community.

The questions we asked are a bit dated and answering took longer than expected because of some technical problems. So some of our questions were answered in the meanwhile by other interviews or the official FAQ. Other questions, regarding the translation of the game to German language and server locations in non-US countries for example, Cryptic Studios doesn't want to answer yet.

The Q&A has of course also been published in English for this community and can be found here:
http://sto.buffed.de/Star-Trek-Onlin...Al-Rivera.html

Regards
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-15-2008, 02:12 AM
good to see cryptic starting to check out other languages.

also good to see starfleet will have an lcars ui and the klingons will have a klingon styled ui. i'd missed that tidbit in other sources. and feddies and klings working together for certain events is also promising.

great interview!
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-15-2008, 02:55 AM
dam that was a good interview! atleast we got some much more information of star trek online for the progress.

But if I am correct this means each any company who meets Al Rivera for the interview, we even must find other resources who might have new information of star trek online!
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-15-2008, 03:32 AM
Thanks for the info Calvert...much appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-15-2008, 04:12 AM
Making a German language version is a no-brainer. No other language is as important for this game after English... If Cryptic can't figure that out, it would prove that they are listening too much to some out-of-touch bean counter...

I hope they're reading this
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-15-2008, 05:29 AM
Cheers for that, some nice stuff there

Nice to hear there'll be common areas, I was afraid it'd be heavily instanced like Guild Wars - not that I'd mind, but it feels better to randomly interact with others as you go.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-15-2008, 09:50 AM
Good to know that the english speeking community likes our small Q&A.

Thanks to all!
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-15-2008, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert View Post
Good to know that the english speeking community likes our small Q&A.

Thanks to all!
Very much appreciated.

Thank You
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-15-2008, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post
good to see cryptic starting to check out other languages.

also good to see starfleet will have an lcars ui and the klingons will have a klingon styled ui. i'd missed that tidbit in other sources. and feddies and klings working together for certain events is also promising.

great interview!
I'm glad that the UI's will be different. A lot of games take shortcuts and only provide a single UI. Well, even IF STO had a single UI I wouldn't care much I suppose lol.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-15-2008, 08:00 PM
This was very interesting! Thank you for posting this interview!