Lt. Commander
# 21 First Officer?
10-17-2009, 08:56 AM
Will we be able to select a BO to be our First Officer?
I've read here the suggestion to have a "wild card" bridge station that would serve as the First Officer station.
But either way is there going to be a "Number One"?

Perhaps an unlock or only after a certain rank?
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-17-2009, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFO_KillSwitch View Post
how about this ask if Klingon have been nurfed to a pvp race only . to put this question to bed
The Klingons are fighting war on all fronts. You'll be pvping, but you'll be at war with the Gorn as well. If the Romulans are visible you'll start shooting at them. I imagine some nefarious petaQ might send you off on some science mission to explore strange new worlds and see if you can use some natural resource against the feds. You might be sent to bring star systems in as servants of the empire.
Maybe, once in a while, you might be sent out to talk peace...
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-17-2009, 09:01 AM
Will our NPCs always be with us? I mean, will we ever have some sort of thing where our "Riker" leaves to become Captain and we break in a new guy?
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-17-2009, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qweequeg
Will we be able to select a BO to be our First Officer?
I've read here the suggestion to have a "wild card" bridge station that would serve as the First Officer station.
But either way is there going to be a "Number One"?

Perhaps an unlock or only after a certain rank?
Yeah. Good question. Cryptic, answer this one.
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-17-2009, 09:04 AM
Klingons often advance through mutiny. Might you find yourself in an episode mission where you have to quell rebellion on your ship?
Is the same true or untrue for Starfleet?
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-17-2009, 09:07 AM
You have said before that, as of now, players will not be able to become, say, part of Staarfleet command. Are you working on finding a way to do that? Can Klingons work their way up to the High Council?
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-17-2009, 09:09 AM
Will the rank of fleet admiral be accesible? I mean, will we ever be able to have our own multi-ship squadron that we control as one?
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-17-2009, 09:10 AM
Will new ranks, like Commodore or Ensign or anything, ever be added?
Also, is there a certain rank to command a station?
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-17-2009, 09:16 AM
As we progress will we be able to tweak the appearance of our character? Riker grew a beard, Sisko shaved his head, etc., and on the extreme end of it, the entire Klingon race changed appearance.

That last part is important to me since I want to play as a Brikar, something that I doubt Ill be able to make look right (square head, no nose, and three fingers) with tools available at launch, but as updates come out Id like to tweak his appearance.
Lt. Commander
I see that the first tier of Cruisers are Constitution class. Constitution, Excalibur, Vesper.
My question is: Is that 3 ships? Or do you get your Constitution and upgrade it twice?

The Enterprise (NCC 1701) and Enterprise-A (NCC 1701-A) were the same ship, but the -A had undergone a refit. Will this be how our ships go from being a Constitution to an Excalibur?