Lt. Commander
# 31
10-17-2009, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IT_IS_GREEN View Post
Will our NPCs always be with us? I mean, will we ever have some sort of thing where our "Riker" leaves to become Captain and we break in a new guy?
I'd like to hear an answer to this one too.
It occurred to me that they could let us rank our BOs to Captain then give them an older ship that we don't use anymore. Let them be NPC ships with the rest of Starfleets NPCs, with perhaps a bonus if you end up in a Fleet action with former BOs or something.

Or they could even let us do that and then have them under our command. We would be Admirals by that time anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 32
10-17-2009, 09:41 AM
I already know i won't be on for the dev chat, and there has been a question gnawing at the back of my head in relation to player progression:
1) What happens if either your ship is destroyed in space and your exploring a remote part of the galaxy, how does this affect you? Do you start again from scratch?
2) Same quetion for if your character dies on an away mission.
Lt. Commander
# 33
10-17-2009, 12:52 PM
If you havn't already you should read the new player progression page HERE.
Lt. Commander
# 34
10-17-2009, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamamoto View Post
As we progress will we be able to tweak the appearance of our character? Riker grew a beard, Sisko shaved his head, etc., and on the extreme end of it, the entire Klingon race changed appearance.
If the tailor system is anything like that of Champions, yes, though it will cost something in terms of earned currency. You can change every cosmetic body and costume detail in the Champions system with the exception of gender.

Now I will go back to chirping like a cat at my monitor as I await the beta release.
Lt. Commander
# 35
10-17-2009, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Does rank give you any authority over another player?
Oh thats a good question was thinking the same thing for example if ur an Admiral would u have any control over other players????? of in a case of a group fight who would have control the Highest Ranking Captain or how will that work out?????
Lt. Commander
# 36
10-17-2009, 04:17 PM
Quote:
The Klingons are fighting war on all fronts. You'll be pvping, but you'll be at war with the Goran as well. If the Romulans are visible you'll start shooting at them. I imagine some nefarious petaQ might send you off on some science mission to explore strange new worlds and see if you can use some natural resource against the feds. You might be sent to bring star systems in as servants of the empire.
Maybe, once in a while, you might be sent out to talk peace...
im looking for an official acer to to put this question to rest. and people making assumptions on how it will be
Lt. Commander
# 37
10-17-2009, 04:34 PM
Darn just tought of something I was about to see Star Trek Voyager: Equinox and it came to mind as in this episode Janeway fights against Ransom will we see any of this type of action in game where a Fed Captain fights with a nother Fed Captain. (if one captain did something agains Fed regulations would another Captain go after him?????????)
Lt. Commander
# 38
10-17-2009, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qweequeg
Will we be able to select a BO to be our First Officer?
I've read here the suggestion to have a "wild card" bridge station that would serve as the First Officer station.
But either way is there going to be a "Number One"?

Perhaps an unlock or only after a certain rank?
I agree that this is a good question and one that I would like to see answered. I quoted it so that hopefully there is a greater chance of it reaching a developer's eyes.
Lt. Commander
# 39
10-17-2009, 05:02 PM
What is the max lvl you can reach in STO? In CO you can so far achieve lvl 40...How long would it take the average player to reach the lvl cap?
Lt. Commander
# 40 Factions and solving Episodes
10-17-2009, 07:18 PM
Can we solve the episodes in a number of ways? Diplomacy, Combat, Stealth with different endings to them ?

Can our Captain (or BOs) earn extra skill points, special commendations, or medals for using one method over another? Would the Federation get a bonus for diplomatic solutions in a situation where the Klingons would get a bonus for an honorable battle well fought (for example)?

That was a Player Immersion question as well as a Progression question i guess...