Lt. Commander
# 41
10-17-2009, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_V View Post
Darn just tought of something I was about to see Star Trek Voyager: Equinox and it came to mind as in this episode Janeway fights against Ransom will we see any of this type of action in game where a Fed Captain fights with a nother Fed Captain. (if one captain did something agains Fed regulations would another Captain go after him?????????)
Renegade Captain threatening to ruin peace in a sector? Cool game episode idea. there's a TNG episode where O'Brian's former CO is destroying Cardassian freighters and Picard has to convince him to surrender or help the Cardassians destroy his ship. Great stuff. The idea of a mutiny as an episode could also work.
Especially on the Klingon side.
Lt. Commander
# 42
10-17-2009, 09:08 PM
okay no one has asked this but...WILL WE BE ABLE TO SEPERATE THE SAUCER ON SOME SHIPS???
idk how it would work but it might give you a small advantage in a fight...
is it true release is in march 2010????

It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Capt. R. Lemieux
USS EARHART
NCC-16020
Lt. Commander
# 43
10-18-2009, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resistanceisfutile
okay no one has asked this but...WILL WE BE ABLE TO SEPERATE THE SAUCER ON SOME SHIPS???
idk how it would work but it might give you a small advantage in a fight...
is it true release is in march 2010????

It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Capt. R. Lemieux
USS EARHART
NCC-16020
would be cool, but not ingame, just wait for funtamental things, which you can read in my signature
Lt. Commander
# 44
10-18-2009, 04:15 AM
Hi, first time post. But I've been reading a lot of really cool stuff about this game I'm totally syked about it. My question is; What was the reasoning behind putting Admiral in the first game? If we reach the top level, what's going to make us want to buy any further expansion packs? New Races? New Ships?
Cheers lads, keep up the good work.
Lt. Commander
# 45
10-18-2009, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resistanceisfutile
well reading "all we know about sto" you can learn, that there will no such thing as seperating your saucer section or the multi vector assault mode right from the beginning.
Lt. Commander
1. Are the skills locked like can a Tactical captian also have some Science skills or engineering or are they locked into just one?

2. i was also wondering if you could make a toon that is borge ( like 7 of 9) or an android (like data or lore)?
Lt. Commander
# 47
10-18-2009, 08:55 AM
  1. Will players be able to group and perform the same episode at the same time? (For example, can two science track players group together, pull the same episode/mission, complete it and both receive credit for it?)
  2. Will Klingons players who are NOT interested in PvP be able to progress through the story/episodes? Any chance they can feasibly make Admiral that way?
  3. With the Klingon faction including both Gorn and Orion, will one species be able to have another species on board their vessel? And will they be able to cross-train on different species' vessels? (In other words, can I be a Gorn captain on a Klingon ship and have Klingons, Orions, and Nausicans as part of my crew?)
Lt. Commander
# 48
10-18-2009, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IT_IS_GREEN View Post
Does rank give you any authority over another player?
This has been answered multiple times: No.

By the way, you don't need a separate post for each question you have; you can use one post.
Lt. Commander
# 49
10-18-2009, 12:37 PM
Just a thought - we're gonna have a dev chat about player progression when the last "Ask Crpytic : Player Progression 2" does not seem to have been answered to?
http://www.startrekonline.com/node/416
I may simply not have seen it (I can be blind sometimes) - I'm just thinking if we get an answer to that Ask Cryptic after the dev chat and all the dev chat questions turn out to have been answered in the Ask Cryptic, it'd be a shame!
Lt. Commander
# 50
10-18-2009, 12:46 PM
Do you choose your career path tactical/engineering/science when you create a character or later on so you can actually change your career speciality as you go?