Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Bug Reports
Login

Survivor of Romulus
# 21
07-03-2012, 08:36 AM
When I tested the updates over the weekend I got a crash on the TOS interior when I selected it in the map template choice menu and hit create or ok or whatever the button is. Testing it last night (while watching your Primetime UGC interview Zero, which was great!) and it didn't crash, however the Defiant interior and had the same crash.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Career Officer
# 22
07-03-2012, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
When I tested the updates over the weekend I got a crash on the TOS interior when I selected it in the map template choice menu and hit create or ok or whatever the button is. Testing it last night (while watching your Primetime UGC interview Zero, which was great!) and it didn't crash, however the Defiant interior and had the same crash.
Most of the interior maps crashed on me the first time I tried each of them, second time was the charm, though it took a while for them to load the second time around.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 23
07-03-2012, 02:14 PM
Those of you crashing with the maps... do you have on-demand patching turned on or off?

Thanks!
Survivor of Romulus
# 24
07-03-2012, 04:54 PM
Turned on. And the defiant works the second time. I certainly hadn't visited a defiant interior since downloading tribble this time around, so i wonder if that might be it.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Lieutenant
# 25
07-03-2012, 05:31 PM
I've had a look at all of the new maps, and I haven't had the Foundry crash for me once. This is with on-demand patching turned off, but the way.
Career Officer
# 26
07-04-2012, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
Those of you crashing with the maps... do you have on-demand patching turned on or off?

Thanks!
I believe it's turned on.
Career Officer
# 27
07-04-2012, 10:44 PM
We really need a "neutral" backdrop for use on ground maps with a high level of ambient lighting, as well as lighting coming from straight above. Right now the lighting on custom interior maps look very weird because all of the characters appear as if in shadow, while the walls are brighter or dimmer depending on which way the sun is shining.

What we need is a soft light source that is directly above, along with enough ambient lighting so that characters don't appear strangely dim when located underneath a platform.

Along those lines, is there any chance of allowing us to customize the lighting of ground maps in the same way that we can customize space maps? That sort of change alone would help us solve the problem. Even on legit ground maps, a lot of the exterior backdrops have really glaring lighting.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Career Officer
# 28
07-04-2012, 10:53 PM
Quote:
As for the lighting in those maps, they're all made to work with the Mars backdrop. If you use that and you still think there are lighting problems, I can mention them, but I'm not sure of the timeline for changes.
The problem with the new Sol system maps is that they default to the Stars 01 backdrop which looks terrible. The bloom level is way too high, and it looks really bad on high setting, and still pretty crappy on the lower setting (not disabled). I can't even recognize Jupiter as being Jupiter with that default backdrop. I've never seen any representation of Jupiter that was lit that way. The whole surface is shining such that it appears to be a sun in its own right, and there is a really glaring halo around every single moon/planet.

The Mars lighting looks better, admittedly. Can you please set that to be the default for those maps? When I first saw the maps with Stars 01 they looked like crap, and many are not going to know that Mars is the proper lighting to use. I still think some tweaks may be needed to reduce that extreme glare on the Mars backdrop, but since we can customize space lighting ourselves it's not such a big deal.

Quote:
Soriedem -- we didn't really add any/many new Cryptic maps for either faction. We had artist time, which meant adding templates. Adding Cryptic maps is designer time, which is very short supply right now. I'll add it to our list, though.
If you have artist time can you please add a blank wall that matches the Wall - Door 01 through Wall - Door 08 walls (basically the Starfleet wall). Having to mix in Wall - Generic Ship 03 with those walls is not ideal at all.

Also, since we now have separate doors, it might be worth adding a similar wall with an empty doorway. Currently there seem to be some serious pathing issues when using the Wall - Doors. Maybe pathing would work better with separately placed doors that aren't part of the wall (hopefully they are set to not be taken into consideration for pathing purposes)?

Last edited by nagorak; 07-04-2012 at 11:42 PM.
Career Officer
# 29
07-04-2012, 11:00 PM
Regarding the bridges, why are the Turbolift doors still sealed? It would be better if they were open so that we had access to those areas. Some bridges appear not to actually have Turbolifts on the map, but even those which do, such as the Generic or Galaxy bridge, don't allow access to them.

I'm guessing there's some reason that working doors cannot be added to these bridges? In any case, having all areas, including the Turbolifts open would be better than having them closed off.

Last edited by nagorak; 07-04-2012 at 11:08 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-05-2012, 09:04 AM
Im not on the test server but something I would love SOMEONE to check out are the Vulcan assets. Currently:

The ground map is some very old and weird map that IS NOT the Vulcan we see in game. The rock formations are completely different and the textures arent right.

The Vulcan Sky backdrop IS NOT Vulcan but rather a bright sunny blue

IIR the Planet is space is wrong too. The asset exists but its mislabeled as something else.

I have never been able to do a couple of Vulcan missions because the assets are so messed up. This would be a good time to fix them.

I really should have kept notes these past few months because there are A LOT and I mean A LOT of mislabeled or misplaced assets.
PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY