Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Bug Reports
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
07-05-2012, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
The bloom level is way too high, and it looks really bad on high setting, and still pretty crappy on the lower setting (not disabled). I can't even recognize Jupiter as being Jupiter with that default backdrop. I've never seen any representation of Jupiter that was lit that way. The whole surface is shining such that it appears to be a sun in its own right, and there is a really glaring halo around every single moon/planet.
This is an inherent problem with most of STO. Do any "randomly generated" instances and chances are the planets have huge hotspots... lol there is one planet that comes up and it always looks like the lava is flowing into space. And another looks more like a sun than their suns.

And just to bring up the issue again, the Sun graphics are just bad in the game. Both in space and on the ground. But mostly space None of them look like stars. This seems to be something they have yet to address in any of their "upgrades".

IMO the problem with a lot of this stuff is that it was done by people from Champions and Champions has very sloppy and very amatuerish lighting. They've been able to fix most of the worst but stuff still lingers from release.
PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY
Starfleet Veteran
# 32
07-05-2012, 07:01 PM
Running into an interesting issue with the TOS bridge. Setting an item (in this case a shot glass) inside the console areas for setting up an interact. The interact animated icon (that gear thing) only shows 1 instance despite having 6 interacts scattered across the bridge. The interact icon also displays itself besides the Captains chair on the bridge, despite the interacts all being at consoles away from the center seat.
Ensign
Hello my name is nomoremrniceguy3 and with this murgure of STO and STF (whatever that is) I have an extremelly hard time logging in... and it may sound I log into the original place where I had my charachter standing in his uniform NOW I have a form stating some mumbo jumbo that an e-mail will be sent to me to activate the account (or something like that) still I haven't heard a word! is this some new way of signing in? I tried to re-download it but got an error of hog 7 ??? I'm extremely confussed and dissapointed.
Starfleet Veteran
# 34
07-06-2012, 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoremrniceguy3 View Post
Hello my name is nomoremrniceguy3 and with this murgure of STO and STF (whatever that is) I have an extremelly hard time logging in... and it may sound I log into the original place where I had my charachter standing in his uniform NOW I have a form stating some mumbo jumbo that an e-mail will be sent to me to activate the account (or something like that) still I haven't heard a word! is this some new way of signing in? I tried to re-download it but got an error of hog 7 ??? I'm extremely confussed and dissapointed.
This thread isnt really at all intended for issues like that, though it sounds like you have run into the account guard feature they are rolling out perhaps? I will point you here:

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=601281

Be sure to check your spam folder for the email, it should contain a 5 or 6 (I cant recall how many characters) string that you input into the message. The times I got the messages it took about 2m, but at that point it was only for Tribble users and not across all shards so it may take longer now.
Survivor of Romulus
# 35
07-06-2012, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castsbugc View Post
Running into an interesting issue with the TOS bridge. Setting an item (in this case a shot glass) inside the console areas for setting up an interact. The interact animated icon (that gear thing) only shows 1 instance despite having 6 interacts scattered across the bridge. The interact icon also displays itself besides the Captains chair on the bridge, despite the interacts all being at consoles away from the center seat.
This is a common bug, I've had it happen on the Galaxy bridge on Holodeck. Heck it even seems to happen in ops on the fed starbase. Interact icon floating in midair in the middle of the map for no reason.

I got around it by making my interact only visible during its objective.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for. Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Captain
# 36
07-06-2012, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castsbugc View Post
Which display mode do you mean? If you are referring to mouse scrolling, you can reset that in the map dropdown menu when you have a map selected
Oops, didn't know I typed "Foudnry" instead of "Foundry"... and I mean the new NPC/object/etc. display. Map scrolling is something I never notice anyway.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.