Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Captain
# 21
07-05-2012, 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by relizarraras View Post
Maybe it has to do with flow capacitor skill. In total, between consoles, skill and deflector, I have 227 points in flow capacitors.
I have:
1x flow capacitor mk xii (very rare): +30
skills: +99
Honor Guard Deflector mk XII: +18
Rule 62 console: +17
aux power level: 118

With all of that, I get, I think, -27. Seeing as how you have 63 more points in Flow Capacitor, I'm curious to know what your Aceton Assimilators drain at.
Lieutenant
# 22
07-05-2012, 07:04 AM
Jem'hadar deflector. +24
4x flow capacitor mk xi rare. +104
flow capacitor skill. +99
Aux power is at 85 before plasmonic leech starts to stack.
I get -29.

I guess flow capacitor doesn't affect it. Much.

Haven't checked if drain increases with aux power.
Captain
# 23
07-05-2012, 08:10 AM
I believe aux is tied with the Aceton Assimilator's drain. You can also buff the radiation damage with Tactical officer skills.

When you tested them earlier, were you also attacking them with Plasmonic Leech?
Lieutenant
# 24
07-05-2012, 11:59 AM
No. I just fired occasionally a single beam just to draw aggro away from the assimilators towards me.
Captain
# 25
07-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Why don't a couple of you get into a challange and test?
Captain
# 26
07-05-2012, 01:21 PM
I had already tested this with a fleet mate, but I did find out that they had some drain resistance. Still, it should work in some capacity...especially when there's 2 of them.

If there's anyone that doesn't have drain resistance that would like to test it with me? I play at around 11pm PST. Send me a private message and we'll try and schedule some time to test this.
Captain
# 27
07-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Hmmm, i'm in BST which makes that around 8am which is abit early for me given work and what have you. Anyone else a bit closer to my timezone got them? I've got several toons with pure PVE builds, so no points in flow insultors.
Captain
# 28
07-18-2012, 09:11 AM
Finally had a chance to test the Aceton Assimilator again a couple of times.

I tested the Aceton Assimilator against another fleet mate that had no points in Power Insulators (accept from some equipments).

It drained -13 from all of his subsystems and then was capped (about half of what the drain is supposed to do). Adding a second Aceton Assimilator did nothing (except more radiation damage).

When I tested it again with both the first and second fleet mates, with points in Power Insulators for the former and none for the latter, at the same time, the results were the same as previous tests.

That is to say:
1) The fleet mate with Power Insulator was able to 100% resist the Aceton Assimilator drain.
2) The fleet mate with no Power Insulators was able to resist 50% of the Aceton Assimialator or there is a cap on how much the subsystem can be drained. Also, the assimilator does not stack (not sure if that applies to 2 assimilators from the same player, or 2 assimilators from 2 players).

To my knowledge, there are no other drain abilities that are resisted 100% with Power Insulators. This doesn't seem correct to me. Especially for a c-store item.
Empire Veteran
# 29
07-18-2012, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Console - Universal - Aceton Assimilator
Rare Universal Console
Bind On Pickup
Captain
Values do not reflect skills or other modifiers

Deploy Aceton Assimilator
Deploys Aceton Assimilator

Launches a Level XX Aceton Assimilator for 300 seconds
Assimilators Deal (250' PBAoE):
to target: -15 All Power Systems every second
to target: 24 Radiation Damage every second
to target: 484 Radiation Damage every second (when Assimilator is hit with Energy Damage)
Incase anybody needed to see what the description was....

Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
Finally had a chance to test the Aceton Assimilator again a couple of times.

I tested the Aceton Assimilator against another fleet mate that had no points in Power Insulators (accept from some equipments).

It drained -13 from all of his subsystems and then was capped (about half of what the drain is supposed to do). Adding a second Aceton Assimilator did nothing (except more radiation damage).

When I tested it again with both the first and second fleet mates, with points in Power Insulators for the former and none for the latter, at the same time, the results were the same as previous tests.

That is to say:
1) The fleet mate with Power Insulator was able to 100% resist the Aceton Assimilator drain.
2) The fleet mate with no Power Insulators was able to resist 50% of the Aceton Assimialator or there is a cap on how much the subsystem can be drained. Also, the assimilator does not stack (not sure if that applies to 2 assimilators from the same player, or 2 assimilators from 2 players).

To my knowledge, there are no other drain abilities that are resisted 100% with Power Insulators. This doesn't seem correct to me. Especially for a c-store item.
Funny, some feds curse this item as being OP, iether as a single one or in groups, yet it seems to be subpar if one is skilled to resist drain and it doesn't even stack.
SO the old tactic of not firing upon it to boost its damage to maxium holds true.

So basically it does no drain if PI is maxxed, only radiation damage?
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 30
07-18-2012, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Funny, some feds curse this item as being OP, iether as a single one or in groups, yet it seems to be subpar if one is skilled to resist drain and it doesn't even stack.
SO the old tactic of not firing upon it to boost its damage to maxium holds true.

So basically it does no drain if PI is maxxed, only radiation damage?
Yeah, I'm not impressed with the Aceton Assimilator. I looked through all of the release notes, and did not see any comment on the Aceton Assimilators being nerfed/fixed.

Avoiding attacking the Aceton Assimilators seems like the ideal situation. Right now, I'm only using for the radiation damage in PvP. When buffed with tac skills, it can do over 1k damage per energy hit before shields and resistance. it can drain shields pretty fast (as well as hull), if someone starts attacking it not realizing the damage it can do to themselves and their team. I also use for some payback against FAW.

As for Power Insulators, it appears that, if it's maxed, it completely negates the drain.

Not many of my fleet mates have Klingon characters, let alone Aceton Assimilators, so I can't test to see if multiple Aceton Assimilators from multiple players will cause the drain to stack. I'm kinda thinking it's not going to stack, period.