Empire Veteran
# 1 Role Player Chat Channel
06-30-2012, 02:10 AM
Can the Dev's please make a Role Player chat channel as they seem intent on spamming up the local channel rather than making their own and inviting their follow role players to it. They are even rude and such when one asks nicely and suggests it, acting rather childish telling us to get lost, on Drozana Station.

One could argue that a player could turn off the local chat channel, but why should we have to when we aren't spamming it up and like to help players new to the game who ask for help in the channel?
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Career Officer
# 2
06-30-2012, 04:39 PM
The Rpers, And you,, Both have an equal right to be in Local, Just like all the politcal spam in Zone, or the Gorn jokes, etc etc. Its open chat. Deal with it. If you have a problem. Simply put the players on ignore and move on with your life.
Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
http://massivechaos.enjin.com/
Captain
# 3
06-30-2012, 04:46 PM
Gotta agree to be honest.

Many RPers do normally use their own channel though. They seem to get harassed a lot if they use the zone chat.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Career Officer
# 4
06-30-2012, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticmsfc View Post
Can the Dev's please make a Role Player chat channel as they seem intent on spamming up the local channel rather than making their own and inviting their follow role players to it. They are even rude and such when one asks nicely and suggests it, acting rather childish telling us to get lost, on Drozana Station.

One could argue that a player could turn off the local chat channel, but why should we have to when we aren't spamming it up and like to help players new to the game who ask for help in the channel?
Local is precisely where open RP fits. If you were complaining about RPers using zone chat I could see your point, but you're not so I don't.

As for why you should turn local off? Simple, you're the one it's affecting adversely, the RPers are enjoying themselves. And ofcourse they're going to be blunt with you, they get to do a bit of social RP for once (IE, not having to slink away and hide in their own channels like lepers) and along you come telling them to stop being so social... in an MMOG. Create a seperate tab for local if you feel you absolutely must have it.
Joined August 2008
Empire Veteran
# 5
07-01-2012, 03:27 AM
I was just suggesting a option that would benefit them and gamers, I guess people aren't interested and happy with the way it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Commander
# 6
07-01-2012, 03:34 AM
And the RPer would use this channel why exactly?
Any decent RPer I know uses own channels, to play uninterfered.
Those who don't, either don't know, don't care or say "local=RP period". Neither would suddenly play in an RP-Channel.