Ensign
# 1 Reman Prototype Set
06-30-2012, 05:12 PM
Hey Guys,

I have searched the forums and the wiki, and I can't really find any clear answers on this. I'd like to build the Reman Prototype set, and I have the Shield Array. I gather you have to speak to some BOFFs, and I did manage to go down to Engineering on my ship and speak to someone, but she was talking about upgrading the shield to Mk XII. I want to build the deflector and the impulse drive, and then think about doing the upgrades to Mk XII. I have done the vault event and have 3 data logs. How do I create these new components before I go about upgrading them? Thanks in advance!

Jollyroger
Captain
# 2
06-30-2012, 05:31 PM
The Mk XI blue deflectors and engines are done by the Tactical DOff console in your bridge ready room. They take 5 Datalogs a piece.
Lieutenant
# 3
07-02-2012, 01:51 PM
Assuming you fully upgrade to very rare MK XII, is the set worth it over the easier to aquire Borg/MACO MKXII/HG MKXII/Omega MKXII? I am collecting just to collect it but is the set just a trophy or is it worth running shuttle mission for the next two years to build?
Trimen Ranger
Admiral Federation Tactical Corps
>Star Fleet Elite Force< Click if you are ready to boldy go where no one has gone before.
Seek not the final frontier if you fear the unknown. -Admiral Trimen Ranger
Commander
# 4
07-02-2012, 02:19 PM
i am working to upgrade a reman set to 12. needless to say i am sick of the vault, but need 40 more datalogs. i must make haste!!

i currently have a ship equipped with just the basic reman set and it does very well.

i think the reman 12 set will be really good.

i would go for 2 sets, but i'm just really tired of the vault.

did i mention i am sick of the vault?
Commander
# 5
07-02-2012, 02:54 PM
If it helps you, Season 6 lightens the timeinvestment a bit (1 log per run, 3 during eventhour).

Reman is a good set, for most builds 3Borg+X is more common, and really easy to achieve (10 EDCs + one Episode).
I like the style of the full set, so grinded it once ... but I might never grind a second set ...

And never say "easier to acquire" in the same sentence as MKXII Maco etc.
From a difficulty level it might work, from a drop perspective ... just look at the forums