Ensign
# 1 sudden lag spike
07-01-2012, 12:03 AM
is anyone else suffering from a sudden lag spike that started Friday morning (before maintenance)?

over an hour before the server was scheduled to come down, i was unable to get my launcher to start properly. the website was behaving strangely (i had no problems with other websites, just PWE - STO). after several failed posts and tickets (due to the website), i just decided that maybe it was my computer - complete uninstall, re-download, re-install. ran a full check on my system prior to ensure nothing else was messed up on my end.
after a VERY lengthy re-download, i then patched it (which also took several hours, despite having a reliable cable modem connection). once i was finally able to log in, every place i go, whether in ship or on the ground, i am rubber-banding (i am moving forward and then jerked back). this tends to occur in 2 or 4 burst "packets"

again - no issues with other games or websites, and my system is clean, with a fresh install.

i remember this happening with Champions Online (obviously, another Cryptic title).
Captain
# 2
07-01-2012, 12:15 AM
There wasa lagging issue in a few sTF's after the maintenance but it was fine a hour later